2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

If McCarthy can clean up his mechanics and find a way to make him an accurate QB, that's a heck of a move.

It just doesn’t help the final Rodgers push unless they think Rodgers has some injury concerns.

So everything that happened today is just good for the Bears.  The browns are out of the WR business, Bears are almost certainly going to be able to get Watkins or Robinson.  GB best cb is now in cleveland.  Bills now have to get a qb which means those 2 firsts are in play in the top 10 and the Bears are as good of a spot as any.  

29 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

There’s a rumor going around that the Browns could look to move Corey Coleman. I wonder if there’s any truth to it, what it would cost, and if we would be interested.

I'd love to have him here. I wonder if a 4th this year would start getting us close. 

I'd take a swing for Gordon too. He.(to.me) seems like more logical trade piece. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I almost guarantee this is going to happen, I just hope we don't miss out on Robinson/Watkins and then overpay for Wilson. That's something the old Bears regime would have done.

Leming has been selling that he’s hearing all in on Robinson, but it’s been a while since he broke anything if my memory serves me correctly. I’d be ecstatic with Robinson but Watkins is my guy. Skill set just seems like such a perfect match for that Tyreek role. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Leming has been selling that he’s hearing all in on Robinson, but it’s been a while since he broke anything if my memory serves me correctly. I’d be ecstatic with Robinson but Watkins is my guy. Skill set just seems like such a perfect match for that Tyreek role. 

I love Robinson but just in watching all the Chiefs games where Nagy was calling plays, he really wants someone with speed. Now if that is going to be Albert Wilson, I'd be even more excited for Robinson... but man, Sammy Watkins just seems like such a perfect fit for this offense doesn't he?

Maybe Pace wants White to have a chance to be that guy (he ran a ton of screens, etc in college). Should be interesting to say the least.

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They did, but to be fair Kizer was a far more highly touted QB prospect than Hundley. 

True, but still nothing I'm going to worry about. If they got Watson or Mahomes, then I'd be livid. But Kizer... meh. 

Just now, G08 said:

I love Robinson but just in watching all the Chiefs games where Nagy was calling plays, he really wants someone with speed. Now if that is going to be Albert Wilson, I'd be even more excited for Robinson... but man, Sammy Watkins just seems like such a perfect fit for this offense doesn't he?

Maybe Pace wants White to have a chance to be that guy (he ran a ton of screens, etc in college). Should be interesting to say the least.

Watkins doesn’t preclude you from putting White out there though provided he shows worthy of the reps over Meredith or whoever else we have. Hell if he can line up opposite Watkins and can finally get some injury luck and proves to make Meredith or (presumably) Wilson expendable that’s a great thing for our team. It’s not likely, but one can dream...

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

True, but still nothing I'm going to worry about. If they got Watson or Mahomes, then I'd be livid. But Kizer... meh. 

With you on that, but I think he’s an upgrade over Hundley already behind 12 and is a cost controlled backup for peanuts for them for 3 more years which gives them more cap flexibility. 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With you on that, but I think he’s an upgrade over Hundley already behind 12 and is a cost controlled backup for peanuts for them for 3 more years which gives them more cap flexibility. 

Absolutely. To be honest I think he can be developed into a low end starter. But you're right, the flexibility he allows is something to consider. 

The Landry trade always seemed like a fall back position for the Bears if they could not and a better WR without having to surrender picks in the process. That being said it was a safety net if free agency did not go well again.

But it is time to make a major move, it is time to close on a big time free agent. You have a 2nd year QB who managed to show promise last season throwing to the worst set of weapons in the NFL, you have a first time HC and a guy who has called 6 games worth of plays. THEY NEED SERIOUS SUPPORT.

I will put my stance down right now, if the Bears fail to land Robinson or Watkins I will look at it as a serious failure on the part of Pace and I think we should all question his ability to land top end free agent talent. The need is there, the resources are there, time to stop shopping in the bargain bin and get some offensive talent to get this thing rolling.

I am done hoping that the 2nd tier B list talent he signs out plays their contract. I do not need to see Trubisky throw one more pass to sun standard or unproven weapons.

I do not care what it costs, I do not care if you have to kidnap one of their mothers, get it done.

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The Browns trade Kizer to GB for damarious Randall. The teams also swap picks in both the fourth and fifth rounds. What is cleveland doing, and what is GB doing?

Green Bay loves this move because they only draft DBs and DL. They’re super jacked that trading Randall means they’ll have to draft like three more corners to try to replace him.

Archived