2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am surprised the Bears let this happen. He seemed like such an obvious signing.

Going to need to reload and bring in another WR.

I think it speaks to the comfort of Pace & Nagy with the other slot options available to us either in house already (Meredith or Cohen), in FA’s 2nd wave (Moncrief, Brown, Wright, Cobb if released, etc.) or in the draft (about 10 guys) that he didn’t overpay for Wilson, and I’m good with that. I was always going to be fine with an overpay for one of the top two guys, but sticking to value on your WR3 when there are a lot of comparable replacements at WR3 makes all the sense in the world. 

Albert Wilson wanting to sign with the Dolphins is not a surprise, #1 if they are offering him the most money, and #2 considering he is from South Florida.

We just got ARob and yet some Bears fans are still dissatisfied. xD

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We just got ARob and yet some Bears fans are still dissatisfied. xD

Because they’ve been convincing themselves for two months that Albert Wilson to the Bears was 120% going to happen, which was dumb. Like I said last night, people react the same way when mock drafts don’t come true. It’s an idiotic mindset.

I want all the FA WRs, AAAand a pony, OK?

The Robinson deal is actually pretty good all things considered,  he's probably going to end up just outside the top 10 in terms of compensation, and similar in contract to Dez Bryant, Demaruis Thomas etc.  Not as much guaranteed as many similar past contracts.  All bad money if he hasn't recovered, but Pace did well in an inflated market in my opinion. https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/  I always considered him to be just shy of that first group of great WRs, and it looks like he'll be paid that way. 

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Because they’ve been convincing themselves for two months that Albert Wilson to the Bears was 120% going to happen, which was dumb. Like I said last night, people react the same way when mock drafts don’t come true. It’s an idiotic mindset.

Agreed.  It's one thing to connect the dots but to actually expect something to happen and then be extremely let down after the fact when we all know that's never how these things work is truly mind blowing.  It's a 32 team league people.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Star Lotulelei 5 year deal with the Bills.

Windy FYI if you copy-paste from somewhere else and click to paste as plain text instead of rich text it’ll get rid of the little milky colored background behind your pasted text. #protips

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Windy FYI if you copy-paste from somewhere else and click to paste as plain text instead of rich text it’ll get rid of the little milky colored background behind your pasted text. #protips

And why is my text so big on that post WTF ?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Would love to see a Malcolm Butler/Kyle Fuller duo next season. Would truly open #8 for BPA

I don't care who it is but yeah I want to throw some coin at CB and not have to worry about it in the draft.

We can go a bunch of different ways at #8 and #39, personally I hope it's Tremaine Edmunds/DJ Moore.

You have, on paper, nice young talent at QB, WR (2), RB (2), TE (1).  Not bad.  Pace is doing an overall nice job at building the team and adding talent bit by bit.  He needs some injury luck for this to work out.  

Signing Robinson lets you take BPA in first rather than chasing a WR.

What was with tendering Bellamy? That seems a waste.  Just doubled the salary of a guy who isnt good enough to play.  Is there a plan there I dont see?  Not a fan of signing guys just for special teams.

If you roster 5 or 6 WRs and three, White, Robinson, Meredith, are coming off serious injury then it seems stupid to spend precious depth on Bellamy.  Wright needs to be resigned I think and may sadly be your best WR until these guys get healthy.  White needs to be cut if he cant play this summer.  Just too thin at that position to hang Trubisky to dry again should injury bug break out.  

Long's health is a concern and that makes Oline a concern.  Tackle depth has been a problem for years now.

Rush OLB is biggest team need now that Robinson signed.  I think Prince needs to be resigned at CB too.  

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Cousins to the Vikings [Allbright]

Do not like that.

The only good we can hope out of this is that he signs a massive contract that restricts what the Vikes are able to do with their cap down the road when they have to resign key players at other positions.

Archived