2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It's easy to forget how much Dwight cared about being perceived as loyal to Orlando. It al meant nothing on the end.

It’s funny too because Lillard could’ve easily kept his reputation. Plenty of contenders he could’ve gone to that could’ve easily won a ring with him added. Celtics, Warriors, Clippers. Hell even teams like New Orleans and Philly would be super intriguing and had pieces to get a deal done. 

That's fine. If he insists on Miami, then make Miami get him. They have to take on Nurkic (or find another team to take him), find a 3rd team for Herro and send us all the picks they get for him, and give us all of your own assets. The New Orleans Anthony Davis play. You insist on LA? Fine. But we're taking EVERYTHING.

If Lillard is sabotaging me into not being able to do my job by getting the best deal from anywhere, then I'm setting all the rules for the trade. Let's say Brooklyn wants Herro. Here's an acceptable trade for me, and I tell Miami to take it or leave it:

Miami receives: Damian Lillard, Jusuf Nurkic

Brooklyn receives: Tyler Herro

Portland receives: Ben Simmons, Kyle Lowry, Nikola Jovic, Jaime Jaquez Jr., Dariq Whitehead, Miami 2028 1st Round Pick (unprotected), Miami 2029 1st Round Pick swap (unprotected), Miami 2030 1st Round Pick (unprotected), the 2nd best of Phoenix's 3 2027 1st Round Picks

If Miami doesn't want to do that, then fine. Dare Lillard to ruin his precious reputation and his relationship with the fan base.

• Like 1

-Portland matches Dallas's 3 year, $33 million offer sheet for Thybulle. He's staying. I wonder if Dallas tries for someone else now.

-Dejounte Murray gets a 4 year, $112 million extension from Atlanta.

-Chris Duarte to the Kings for 2 2nd round picks.

58 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

-Portland matches Dallas's 3 year, $33 million offer sheet for Thybulle. He's staying. I wonder if Dallas tries for someone else now.

Murray showing what loyalty looks like 🤓

On 7/5/2023 at 7:25 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Dallas kinda killed the offseason. Good job by them

Yeah, they've done a pretty good job.  Think they need some work to do at the 4, but I think it's a solid playoff team if Kyrie doesn't go fully Kyrie.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Duarte to the Kings is a rock solid under the radar move. 

Agreed on your previous post regarding the Blazers/Heat trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Duarte to the Kings is a rock solid under the radar move. 

Agreed on your previous post regarding the Blazers/Heat trade. 

Boy did Duarte fall off after a solid rookie season.  Shocked they gave up on him so early and for so little in return.  He was an old rookie anyways but still seems odd to give him away for nothing.  

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Boy did Duarte fall off after a solid rookie season.  Shocked they gave up on him so early and for so little in return.  He was an old rookie anyways but still seems odd to give him away for nothing.  

The Pacers sold low on him but it was understandable after the season he had last year. Still, for the Kings to get him for two second round picks it is more than worth the risk. Just hope he is closer to his rookie season and then you have someone part of your rotation that can give solid 12-18 minutes a game. I like it! 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Pacers sold low on him but it was understandable after the season he had last year. Still, for the Kings to get him for two second round picks it is more than worth the risk. Just hope he is closer to his rookie season and then you have someone part of your rotation that can give solid 12-18 minutes a game. I like it! 

Yeah, its a buy/sell low situation but he hasn't been a good defender either year and doesn't offer a ton offensively.  His per 36 numbers didn't change all that much but his efficiency went way down.  I am guessing percentage wise he is likely somewhere in the middle of the two years but again he is 26 years old so not likely a lot of growth left in him.  Bruce Brown pushed him down the depth chart but I think the Pacers will regret that contract although its only for 2 years but not sure he will be the upgrade they need when he isn't next to Murray and Jokic. All that being said, its worth the risk for the Kings for sure.  Even if he isn't a mainstay in the rotation, most 2nd round picks aren't either so they are not netting a loss.  

No State taxes in FL.   That's a big incentive for Dame to get to Miami over Boston or LA.      Grant Williams just said it was a big reason he was so interested in Dallas vs staying in Boston

Edited by Kampfgeist

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

No State taxes in FL.   That's a big incentive for Dame to get to Miami over Boston or LA.      Grant Williams just said it was a big reason he was so interested in Dallas vs staying in Boston

Thats understandable.  Saves Dame almost $4M a year leaving Oregon and going to a non income tax state.  Well, I guess it would be about 60% of that because you file where you play so any road games in states with taxes would still be taxed so about a $2.2ish million savings per year.  Seems like it would be more important to guys like Williams who make less though.  

I think the main reason is because it won't look so much like a super team ring if he wins it there.  Jimmy Butler is a star but it still doesn't have the feel of bringing together a Bron and AD or KD and Steph etc.  I think he sort of despises the super teams and this feels like a good spot to go and have potential to win without looking like as much of a sell out.  If he teams up with Bron, Tatum, Embiid etc it would definitely feel different even though Miami was just in the finals, to me at least. Also, I think he likes the stability in the organization with Riley and Spo.