2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

23 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Neither does Boston. Who would they send? Their draft capital is weak & they aren’t gonna part with Brown or Tatum. 

I wasn't implying that Boston has the assets to get a Lillard done.  In fact, I was referring to the fact that players have been pretty vocal about not wanting to go play in Boston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I wasn't implying that Boston has the assets to get a Lillard done.  In fact, I was referring to the fact that players have been pretty vocal about not wanting to go play in Boston.

Always been strange to me. Im guessing it’s the weather and lack of “night life” compared to NY, Miami and LA?

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

It's not quite those things, but more so their fans and implied racism.

Yeah I guess, I’ve actually found it’s far less racist than other cities I’ve been to but I guess once that narrative starts it’s hard to shake. 

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Herro > Brodgon
Robinson and Jaquez/Jovic = Williams (I'd give the edge to MIA)
Heat will be offering a ton of 1sts/2nds too, just not for a few years. 

I'm assuming Herro's contract is what makes that significantly more? Portland would be shipping him to a 3rd team anyway. 

You really think a handful of end of bench guys are more valuable than a DPOY candidate? albeit one who needs to be kept in a bubble for half a year 

I also don't care where Dame goes but Williams is significantly more valuable than those 3 guys 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

You really think a handful of end of bench guys are more valuable than a DPOY candidate? albeit one who needs to be kept in a bubble for half a year 

I also don't care where Dame goes but Williams is significantly more valuable than those 3 guys 

Yeah, I reconsidered after I posted that. It's still close IMO with Jovic and JJJ just being drafted, but I'll concede that one.

Still don't think that alone makes that offer significantly better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, I reconsidered after I posted that. It's still close IMO with Jovic and JJJ just being drafted, but I'll concede that one.

Still don't think that alone makes that offer significantly better.

Yeah, like I said. Its a combination of that and the fact the Celtics have considerably more draft picks to trade. 

I'm hoping Portland holds out.

MIA offer is 0.30 cents on the dollar. Dont do it just cause Dame wants to.

PHI could be in play if they were willing to part with Maxey, but for some reason hes "completely off limits". They'll enjoy building around him in 3 years when Embiid and Harden are gone.

They likely need a 3rd team to get involved, but the deal that makes the most sense to me straight up is Karl Anthony Towns.

Conley-Dame-Ant-McDaniels-Gobert

Scoot-Sharpe-Thybulle-Grant-KAT (Simons 6M)

"But Dame doesnt wnat to go to Minnesota".

If I'm Portland I dont give a $hit. I get the best deal for my franchise. Player empowerment has hit its ceiling in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

PHI could be in play if they were willing to part with Maxey, but for some reason hes "completely off limits". They'll enjoy building around him in 3 years when Embiid and Harden are gone.

They likely need a 3rd team to get involved, but the deal that makes the most sense to me straight up is Karl Anthony Towns.

If I'm Portland I dont give a $hit. I get the best deal for my franchise. Player empowerment has hit its ceiling in my opinion. 

You think Minnesota would offer KAT with Dame saying he won't suit up for anyone else? 

On 7/11/2023 at 6:27 AM, JonStark said:

Still don't get why people clown him for this. Selecting only Miami is fair I guess (although they were apparently a "fluke" before all these rumors and now are a "superteam"), but he didn't run from the grind for 11 years. You can't just pretend that it's eventually going to lead to a title there and that he needs to keep "toughing it out". Continuing that mentality would most likely never lead him to a championship and that's what his main goal is. It's not like he didn't give it his all there, but it's just not in the cards. It's just being realistic. 

Miami has been the eastern conference finals three out of the last four years. They've made the NBA Finals two out of the last four years. He's a clown because he doesn't only want to be on a contending team, he's forcing his way to literally one of the most successful teams in the past 4 years. He's doing exactly what he criticized other people for doing (ring chasing).

Again, if he wants out of Portland. That's cool. Everyone gets it. But this whole, "I'm only playing for the Heat so no team should even trade for me" is him being a clown.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

KAT blows. Portland shouldn't trade Lillard for him.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Michael Pina from TheRinger said Toronto should offer a package based around Scottie Barnes.

This this and this. Toronto would be a really good team with Lillard (assuming they keep Siakam) that could potentially make it out of the east. From Portland's PoV, Barnes + some picks (maybe a 3rd team would be added) makes a lot of sense because Barnes is very young and fits with Scoot and Sharpe.

Toronto also has a GM who has the balls to make this trade, regardless of where Lillard wants to be.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

This this and this. Toronto would be a really good team with Lillard (assuming they keep Siakam) that could potentially make it out of the east. From Portland's PoV, Barnes + some picks (maybe a 3rd team would be added) makes a lot of sense because Barnes is very young and fits with Scoot and Sharpe.

Toronto also has a GM who has the balls to make this trade, regardless of where Lillard wants to be.

Yeah, they're kind of stuck at the moment. They can trade for Lillard and still have a good team with Barnes involved. It gives them an easy choice to go all in and pay Siakam and OG.

It also would make for Portland. He's a good connector for Sharpe and Scoot...though that would be 2 non-shooters. He's on the same timeline though.