Titans Sign DHop

615finest

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

You think that's an MVP season?

Yes depending on our record, we’re still going to run the ball no doubt about it but if Tannehill let’s say has 4k yards passing 35 total TD’s less than 8 int & our record is 13-4 or 14-3. That’s a MVP type season though he may not win MVP, you have to count in the fact we’re winning games & he’s putting up some nice #s what it will come down to, is are we beating teams that the league view as contenders. 

Ryan Tannehill doesn't win an MVP without the Titans having a season so good that they're Super Bowl favorites, and doing it not on the back of Derrick Henry.

The media view the Titans as Derrick Henry's team.  I don't think that changes even if Tanny throws for 4,000, so long as Henry is still good.  Henry gets over like 1200 yards, he'll be viewed as the reason for the Titans success, if they are that good.

I think it'd take something absurd, like a 4,500 yard season and career low INTs, career high TDs, and the Titans getting like the one seed for Tanny to even be in the race.  And that's not happening.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Ryan Tannehill doesn't win an MVP without the Titans having a season so good that they're Super Bowl favorites, and doing it not on the back of Derrick Henry.

The media view the Titans as Derrick Henry's team.  I don't think that changes even if Tanny throws for 4,000, so long as Henry is still good.  Henry gets over like 1200 yards, he'll be viewed as the reason for the Titans success, if they are that good.

I think it'd take something absurd, like a 4,500 yard season and career low INTs, career high TDs, and the Titans getting like the one seed for Tanny to even be in the race.  And that's not happening.

Yeah, it’ll have to be a 2016 Matt Ryan type season and even then, I still don’t know if he’d win just because of how he’s viewed by fans and the media.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, Daniel said:

He could have a 5k yard season and he still probably wouldn't get a fair shake at it, cause, you know

we're us.  lol

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/3/26/21189033/scouting-jets-offensive-tackle-george-fant

Interesting article I found on Fant, it pretty much breaks down his strengths & weaknesses & what he’s effective doing. That being said I’m warming up to the idea of him because I can see him working out as 
Dennis Kelly 2.0 however freakishly more athletic. Meaning he’ll occasionally need help in pass pro like Kelly & be a decent - good run blocker, but the difference will be Fant is more of a zone run blocker than Kelly. Looking at the film, he fires off the ball, gets to the 2nd level quick & can move in space, he just not a mauler that plays nasty like a Conklin, David Stewart. He’s finesse. 
this OL boyyyy man I’m telling you this The king may rush for 2k. All of our OL are athletes, agile athletic guys that get to the 2nd level blocking & Henry put up almost 1600 wit A$$ in front of him. 😮‍💨🤦🏽‍♂️

Yes, if Hopkins plays well at all he will be here in 2024.  The 2024 salary is peanuts and we will still need him even if we pick another WR fairly high.  He is still a 1000 yard WR if he can stay on the field and only injury prevents him from being here next year.  He and Burks could get 1000 yards if both are healthy.  Makes the offense pretty hard to defend when you figure in Phillips and Spears along with Henry.  The OL just needs to hold up.