Titans Sign DHop

615finest

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Then we got something real special.

Dayum right I’m believer in chip Kelly if our OL can get to the 2nd level In the run game & pass protect I’m confident & saying we’ll have a top 15 offense in the league. 

• Like 1

So, not to rain on anyone's parade (I'm certainly thrilled; it was a desperately needed signing), but I don't think we should expect Hopkins to rescue the offense.  He hasn't played a full season since 2020, and that is not a good sign for a team as bad with injuries as the Titans are.  Now, in the time he has played, he hasn't slowed down much, but he is on the wrong side of 30, so a step down even from last year seems all but inevitable.

Still, I think expecting him to be the second most productive receiver on this team is more than reasonable.  And he'll be a good possession guy that can be used to get first downs and he's almost certainly a great redzone weapon.  But I think we need to tamp down our expectations if we're thinking he's gonna be a 1000 yard type player: we still need big steps from Treylon Burks and Kyle Phillips to have a complete WR room, and not having a big step from Burks will still give us a terrible group.

Still, Burks-Hopkins-Phillips-Ikhine-Moore-Dowell looks a whole lot better than Burks-Phillips-Ikhine-Moore-Dowell-McMath.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nothing makes me feel older than seeing the ages of veteran NFL players. Just saw that Hopkins  just turned 31, two years younger than me. And it feels like Nuk has been around forever.

Nothing makes me feel older than the person feeling old for being two years older than Nuk being three years younger than me.

His health along with the health of Tanny will be the ultimate key.  (And OL) The reality is last year we are in the playoffs if Tanny plays two or three more games.   This year if we get 13-14 games from DHop and atleast 15 from Tanny we should be in the discussion or winning the division.  

Its like clockwork. It always gets on my nerves....

We sign Hopkins, "oh it was a foolish move, he only did it for the money, this doesn't change anything about the Titans."

Signs with any other team in the league " OH THEY GOT A STEAL. Hopkins instantly makes them a contender. Hopkins made the right move and he got a nice pay day."

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

So, not to rain on anyone's parade (I'm certainly thrilled; it was a desperately needed signing), but I don't think we should expect Hopkins to rescue the offense.  He hasn't played a full season since 2020, and that is not a good sign for a team as bad with injuries as the Titans are.  Now, in the time he has played, he hasn't slowed down much, but he is on the wrong side of 30, so a step down even from last year seems all but inevitable.

Still, I think expecting him to be the second most productive receiver on this team is more than reasonable.  And he'll be a good possession guy that can be used to get first downs and he's almost certainly a great redzone weapon.  But I think we need to tamp down our expectations if we're thinking he's gonna be a 1000 yard type player: we still need big steps from Treylon Burks and Kyle Phillips to have a complete WR room, and not having a big step from Burks will still give us a terrible group.

Still, Burks-Hopkins-Phillips-Ikhine-Moore-Dowell looks a whole lot better than Burks-Phillips-Ikhine-Moore-Dowell-McMath.

Nothing makes me feel older than the person feeling old for being two years older than Nuk being three years younger than me.

Here’s a positive 2021 he was hurt, 2022 he was suspended first 6 games but still put up respectable #s over 700 yards. Yes I definitely see him getting a 1k yards next yr especially if the OL can pass block chip Kelly understands how to use the pass to setup the run & how to scheme players open. Call me crazy but I’m saying it 1st bold prediction if the OL is solid like we had in 2020 Tannehill will throw over 4k yards & have a MVP season in a contract yr. 27-35 total TD’s book it 

13 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Here’s a positive 2021 he was hurt, 2022 he was suspended first 6 games but still put up respectable #s over 700 yards. Yes I definitely see him getting a 1k yards next yr especially if the OL can pass block chip Kelly understands how to use the pass to setup the run & how to scheme players open. Call me crazy but I’m saying it 1st bold prediction if the OL is solid like we had in 2020 Tannehill will throw over 4k yards & have a MVP season in a contract yr. 27-35 total TD’s book it 

You think that's an MVP season?

17 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Its like clockwork. It always gets on my nerves....

We sign Hopkins, "oh it was a foolish move, he only did it for the money, this doesn't change anything about the Titans."

Signs with any other team in the league " OH THEY GOT A STEAL. Hopkins instantly makes them a contender. Hopkins made the right move and he got a nice pay day."

as the boys in two tone blue always say

WE ALL WE GOT

WE ALL WE NEED