Gronk suspended 1 game for elbow drop

Apparition

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Gronk is the same as a player in Suh who has had a ridiculous amount of dirty plays during and after live plays?

Gronk picks on small CBs  (other than catching football's and running them over in game)?

No, he's not right. He's upset and emotionally invested for some reason, and is letting it get the best of him.

The fact that people weren't screaming and crying about Evans like they are with Gronk is hilarious and telling.

So like I said....deep breathes...inhale/exhale...its all going to be okay.

You posted solely to be condescending. You added nothing to the conversation. You could have said any of the above to him. You didn't. It was a BS post.

Maybe people weren't going crazy over Evans because he didn't intentionally target the head and neck of a player on the ground who was giving up nearly 100 pounds to him. The Evans ply was dirty. Evans is known for having problems controlling himself, but it wasn't as malicious or dangerous. Is Gronk as bad as Suh? No. But other aspects of his post were right, such as Gronk's apology being total BS.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You posted solely to be condescending. You added nothing to the conversation. You could have said any of the above to him. You didn't. It was a BS post.

Maybe people weren't going crazy over Evans because he didn't intentionally target the head and neck of a player on the ground who was giving up nearly 100 pounds to him. The Evans ply was dirty. Evans is known for having problems controlling himself, but it wasn't as malicious or dangerous. Is Gronk as bad as Suh? No. But other aspects of his post were right, such as Gronk's apology being total BS.

I responded to someone overreacting and being ridiculous. 

He said Gronk is the same as Suh....he's not.

He said Gronk always does this type of stuff to smaller CBs....he doesn't.

He said Gronk always celebrates his dirty plays....as if he has multiple (he doesn't), and that he celebrates them (he doesn't).

He was using hyperbole but being serious with his statements, which obviously points to him being extremely upset and not thinking clearly.

Hence...deep breathes.

7 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I responded to someone overreacting and being ridiculous. 

He said Gronk is the same as Suh....he's not.

He said Gronk always does this type of stuff to smaller CBs....he doesn't.

He said Gronk always celebrates his dirty plays....as if he has multiple (he doesn't), and that he celebrates them (he doesn't).

He was using hyperbole but being serious with his statements, which obviously points to him being extremely upset and not thinking clearly.

Hence...deep breathes.

Gronk arguably does have multiple dirty plays that he celebrated, and both were against much smaller CBs. He's right about that. And Gronk blamed the CB (Sergio Brown) for it, just like he blamed White and the refs for this one.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gronk arguably does have multiple dirty plays that he celebrated, and both were against much smaller CBs. He's right about that. And Gronk blamed the CB (Sergio Brown) for it, just like he blamed White and the refs for this one.

Arguably....lol...if people want call blocking and shoving after the whistle an actual dirty play, then 50% of the league, and most linemen are dirty. 

And Sergio Brown did 100% deserve to get ragdolled with how he was acting and mouthing off that game.

This is the only dirty play that Gronk has ever committed, and I think it's the last.

You want to sit there and make a big deal out of it while a similar act just happened this season with little to no outrage, that's fine.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Arguably....lol...if people want call blocking and shoving after the whistle an actual dirty play, then 50% of the league, and most linemen are dirty. 

And Sergio Brown did 100% deserve to get ragdolled with how he was acting and mouthing off that game.

This is the only dirty play that Gronk has ever committed, and I think it's the last.

You want to sit there and make a big deal out of it while a similar act just happened this season with little to no outrage, that's fine.

I think it was the whole picking him up and throwing him into the camera after he was out of bounds and the player was over that was the dirty aspect of it all. And no, you don't deserve to have that happen because you're talking trash. Players talk trash all the time. Most guys manage to control themselves. Gronk has now lost control twice, done something illegal after a play, and made it appear like he was trying to injure the other player. Of course, Gronk did this to two CBs. As AlexGreen said, you don't see him going after a guy that's his own size.

What's the similar act that happened with little to no outrage?

Just now, jrry32 said:

I think it was the whole picking him up and throwing him into the camera after he was out of bounds and the player was over that was the dirty aspect of it all. And no, you don't deserve to have that happen because you're talking trash. Players talk trash all the time. Most guys manage to control themselves. Gronk has now lost control twice, done something illegal after a play, and made it appear like he was trying to injure the other player. Of course, Gronk did this to two CBs. As AlexGreen said, you don't see him going after a guy that's his own size.

Sergio wasn't just talking trash he was also mugging Gronk all game, hitting him low, etc....the crap that Gronk has to deal with game in game out since he got into the league. 

Continuing to shove, block, hit, throw to the ground, after the whistle is pretty damn common in this league, but yes, Gronk doing it is dirty, got it, makes sense. 

Why is no one calling AJ Green dirty for cominf uo from behind, putting a guy in a joke hold, throwing him to the ground by his neck, and throwing down punches after simply being shoved a little?

I don't hear people calling Evans dirty even though you just said yourself he has a history of not being able to control himself (same thing you accuse Gronk of) and he sprinted and hit a guy in the back long after the play was over?

Gronk isn't goung out of his way to find the smallest guys on the field either. Both instances were of people covering him, and the Sergio Brown case was of a guy targeting him not the other way around.

15 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Sergio wasn't just talking trash he was also mugging Gronk all game, hitting him low, etc....the crap that Gronk has to deal with game in game out since he got into the league. 

Continuing to shove, block, hit, throw to the ground, after the whistle is pretty damn common in this league, but yes, Gronk doing it is dirty, got it, makes sense. 

Gronk just hit a player after the play. That happens all the time.

Yea, it's no surprise that it doesn't sound like a dirty play when you dishonestly misrepresent what happened to paint it in a decent light. You're not fooling anyone.

Why is no one calling AJ Green dirty for cominf uo from behind, putting a guy in a joke hold, throwing him to the ground by his neck, and throwing down punches after simply being shoved a little?

I don't hear people calling Evans dirty even though you just said yourself he has a history of not being able to control himself (same thing you accuse Gronk of) and he sprinted and hit a guy in the back long after the play was over?

There were multiple threads calling out both players. In fact, the consensus in the Evans thread was that Evans deserved the suspension and that Green should have been suspended too. Of course, that doesn't fit your narrative, so let's pretend it didn't happen.

Gronk isn't goung out of his way to find the smallest guys on the field either. Both instances were of people covering him, and the Sergio Brown case was of a guy targeting him not the other way around.

Gronk certainly seems to control his temper around the Justin Houston's, Von Miller's, Aaron Donald's, etc. of the world.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

How many incidents does Suh have? How many incidents has Gronk had. Aside from this Gronk has 

-retaliated against players on the Seahawks who started taking swings at him. 

- pushed a guy well out of bounds who was taking cheap shots on him all game. 

The idea that you can look at Gronk and look and Suh and in anyway say they are equal is a misleading at best. The idea that Gronk is some consistently dirty player like Suh or Burfict is again a reach if not outright intellectually dishonest. He's a player who made a dirty play. Big difference. And I don't know where the board got mind readers to determine how sincere his apology was. 

Why is it out of reach? How many incidents do you need to be considered a dirty player? 

That hit on White was every bit as dirty as any of Suh's incidents. That was a deliberate shot to the head of a smaller player who was on the ground, out of bounds, after the whistle. That was about as dirty of a play as could be drawn up. 

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

So when Tom Brady is talking ****, he deserves to get hit late to the head out of bounds? Yes or No?

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Why do Patriot fans act like players "hitting Gronk low" is something unique to Gronk? Welcome to playing football. Why on earth would anybody tackle a TE up around the shoulder pads. Getting hit in the knees is part of the game. It's not a dirty tactic. If he's getting hit low, away from the play, outside of the line of game play, that's one thing, but getting hit in the knees when you're going up for a pass is part of football and NOT a dirty play that deserves retaliation.

And now we get to the standard "My team did something dirty" Patriots defense approach. Here we have a perfect example of it detailing all of the phases.

1. Downplaying the action. In this case calling the Sergio Brown incident. As if the situation was two guys pushing after the whistle and not Gronkowski picking up a player and throwing him into the camera stand.

2. The "Well other people do it too." As though AJ Green had a cheap shot somehow makes Gronkowski's action okay. Welcome to Kindergarten.

3. Blaming the circumstances, "Sergio Brown was targeting him." Ah, yes, like Sergio Brown did something dirty while being blocked on a run play. 

Come on, admit you're a homer and move on. This is the same pathetic mental gymnastics that Patriots fans have been doing for years. And truthfully we have all the usual suspects in this thread, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

Gronk got off light here. That was bushleague and he should've been gone for more than a game.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is it out of reach? How many incidents do you need to be considered a dirty player? 

That hit on White was every bit as dirty as any of Suh's incidents. That was a deliberate shot to the head of a smaller player who was on the ground, out of bounds, after the whistle. That was about as dirty of a play as could be drawn up. 

Aside from this Gronk's "dirty" hits were throwing a guy who spent the whole game cheap shorting him a little further than he should have and fighting a guy who attacked him. Not really dirty. 

So his one real "dirty" play was this. Suh has one or two incidents every year. Gronk had one real incident his whole career. 

38 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Aside from this Gronk's "dirty" hits were throwing a guy who spent the whole game cheap shorting him a little further than he should have and fighting a guy who attacked him. Not really dirty. 

So his one real "dirty" play was this. Suh has one or two incidents every year. Gronk had one real incident his whole career. 

See Above:

And now we get to the standard "My team did something dirty" Patriots defense approach. 

1. Downplaying the action. In this case calling the Sergio Brown incident. As if the situation was two guys pushing after the whistle and not Gronkowski picking up a player and throwing him into the camera stand.

3. Blaming the circumstances, "Sergio Brown was targeting him." Ah, yes, like Sergio Brown did something dirty while being blocked on a run play.

++++++++++++++++

Do we have evidence that Sergio Brown was "cheap shotting the whole game". The only claim that exists of this is Gronkowski's claims of "yapping". I haven't seen any claim of cheap shotting by anybody outside of the few Patriots fans here attempting to justify it.

Gronkowski threw the guy into several camera stands. Big difference between landing on turf and landing on metal poles. 

The far more likely back story leading up to this, Gronkowski was bitter about his broken arm suffered against the Colts the previous season. IIRC it was Brown rushing from that side on that play. That was premeditated, and it was nonsense.

Welcome to the New England Patriots though, where it's not "real" unless it's absolutely indisputable AND admitted to.

I just can't believe Pats fans are really in here justifying that Gronk only deserved a one game suspension for this.  Its a bad look.

My favorite part though was when one of them accused someone else of making unjustified claims because they were too emotionally invested.

7 hours ago, grubs10 said:

I just can't believe Pats fans are really in here justifying that Gronk only deserved a one game suspension for this.  Its a bad look.

My favorite part though was when one of them accused someone else of making unjustified claims because they were too emotionally invested.

If you take all bias out of it. The standard is one game. I'm sorry it's just the cold blunt truth. To argue that he should have gotten more you are not looking at this situation objectively, you are not looking at precedent, you are not looking at similar incidents. And essentially you are arguing that Gronk's situation should be treated differently than everybody else. There's no way around that. The NFL already did something incredibly rare by not lowering the sentence in the appeal which almost universally happens. Again I'll say Adam Jones literally bashed a guys head on his helmet and got a fine. And that wasn't a Gronk situation where he momentarily freaked out and dived on a player. It was him setting a guy up on his helmet and repeatedly trying to slam his head into it. People complain about a lack of consistency in NFL punishments, but this was the epitome of consistent. They didn't give Gronk any more or any less than what they would normally give. That's the only justification needed. They did what they always do and they were consistent. You'd literally have to argue that Gronk did something unprecedented (he didn't) that would cause them to break it for this one case. It's legitimate to argue that going forward they should potentially rule on these differently and be more harsh, but right now a standard has been set and they followed the standard. It's an argument for next year going forward. 

Also not for nothing, but when the person is making obscenity filled posts freaking out and making a text book false equivalency between Gronk and Suh then yeah they deserve to be called out.

Archived