Gronk suspended 1 game for elbow drop

Apparition

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Also not for nothing, but when the person is making obscenity filled posts freaking out and making a text book false equivalency between Gronk and Suh then yeah they deserve to be called out.

By a mod, not you. Let's keep discussion about Gronk and football not about individual posters. 

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

If you take all bias out of it. The standard is one game. I'm sorry it's just the cold blunt truth. To argue that he should have gotten more you are not looking at this situation objectively, you are not looking at precedent, you are not looking at similar incidents. And essentially you are arguing that Gronk's situation should be treated differently than everybody else. There's no way around that. The NFL already did something incredibly rare by not lowering the sentence in the appeal which almost universally happens. Again I'll say Adam Jones literally bashed a guys head on his helmet and got a fine. And that wasn't a Gronk situation where he momentarily freaked out and dived on a player. It was him setting a guy up on his helmet and repeatedly trying to slam his head into it. People complain about a lack of consistency in NFL punishments, but this was the epitome of consistent. They didn't give Gronk any more or any less than what they would normally give. That's the only justification needed. They did what they always do and they were consistent. You'd literally have to argue that Gronk did something unprecedented (he didn't) that would cause them to break it for this one case. It's legitimate to argue that going forward they should potentially rule on these differently and be more harsh, but right now a standard has been set and they followed the standard. It's an argument for next year going forward. 

Also not for nothing, but when the person is making obscenity filled posts freaking out and making a text book false equivalency between Gronk and Suh then yeah they deserve to be called out.

Bull, that the standard is one regular season game for a dangerous, and malicious hit to the head on a defenseless player after a play was over.

Trevathan got two games, though it was brought back down to one on appeal.

Suh got one PLAYOFF game for stomping on Rodgers.

All you need to see to know the NFL screwed this up and that it should have been two games brought down to one is that they held on appeal. That's the biggest mea culpa the NFL will ever admit to. It should have been two games and held on appeal. At least the Trevathan hit was at least in the field of play and you could argue that if he didn't hear the whistle, that it was legitimate.

This was nothing more than a deliberate attempt to injure the head of a downed player. If Gronkowski wasn't a star, he would be sitting a game longer. 

++++++++++++

I guess the question for you is, what should be the penalty for a player intentionally trying to hurt a downed player?

If Tom Brady is down on the field and somebody attempted to injure him, what would you feel the suspension should be? We all know the answer is longer than one game.

I'm still yet to see ANY patriots fans try and justify this logic.

Gronk getting hit low means it's excusable when he losses his temper and does this nonsense? Even though every TE experiences this?

Gronk gets pushed and grabbed and it's PI, but it's not PI worthy of objection when Gronk pushes and grabs other players? How the hell can you talk on one hand about how physical Gronk is as a receiver and yet still shriek and yell about how players are too physical with him? Are we forgetting that it was Gronk who had the PI in this game grabbing Tredavious White and yanking him away from a potential INT earlier in this game?

Gronk getting trash talked to him somehow justifies these plays, especially in the case of Sergio Brown? Tom Brady talks trash all the time, but if somebody were to take a shot at Brady's head when he was on the ground, everybody would be freaking out.

Just admit the hypocrisy that surrounds all these arguments. It's okay to be a homer, just acknowledge it.

On 08/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm still yet to see ANY patriots fans try and justify this logic.

Gronk getting hit low means it's excusable when he losses his temper and does this nonsense? Even though every TE experiences this?

Gronk gets pushed and grabbed and it's PI, but it's not PI worthy of objection when Gronk pushes and grabs other players? How the hell can you talk on one hand about how physical Gronk is as a receiver and yet still shriek and yell about how players are too physical with him? Are we forgetting that it was Gronk who had the PI in this game grabbing Tredavious White and yanking him away from a potential INT earlier in this game?

Gronk getting trash talked to him somehow justifies these plays, especially in the case of Sergio Brown? Tom Brady talks trash all the time, but if somebody were to take a shot at Brady's head when he was on the ground, everybody would be freaking out.

Just admit the hypocrisy that surrounds all these arguments. It's okay to be a homer, just acknowledge it.

strawman.jpg

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

strawman.jpg

How is something a straw man if it's what's being said?

Direct Quotes:

On 12/7/2017 at 6:12 PM, Pats#1 said:

Sergio wasn't just talking trash he was also mugging Gronk all game, hitting him low, etc....the crap that Gronk has to deal with game in game out since he got into the league. 

On 12/7/2017 at 5:59 PM, Pats#1 said:

And Sergio Brown did 100% deserve to get ragdolled with how he was acting and mouthing off that game.

I like how we are just ignoring that Sergio was part of the play where Gronk broke his arm and that Sergio was talking trash all game and taking questionable hits and acting like Gronk pushing him maybe 5 yards out of bounds while he was dead on facing him was of the highest evil to suggest a trend that Gronk spends all his time cheap shotting players so we can say he's just like Suh or Burfict. 

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk why Gronk got suspended bc judging by the leagues recent ruling they dont care about player safety 

This is why I when everyone said he deserves more I was bewildered. Because the league clearly set a precedent that they don't really punish harshly on this. Just feels selective. 

Just now, lancerman said:

This is why I when everyone said he deserves more I was bewildered. Because the league clearly set a precedent that they don't really punish harshly on this. Just feels selective. 

Yea i agree he should have got more than 1 but given this precedent Im sick of hearing about player safety

On 12/8/2017 at 1:18 AM, grubs10 said:

I just can't believe Pats fans are really in here justifying that Gronk only deserved a one game suspension for this.  Its a bad look.

Why? I would have been OK with him getting more, but given recent precedent, one game was fine. Mike Evans dangerously launched himself into the back of an opponent after the play was over, and almost no one in that thread said he should get more than one game. Go ahead. Check out the thread. I've also seen no one saying that AJ Green should get more than a one-game suspension for choke-slamming and punching Ramsey, and he only ended up getting a fine. So your disbelief is misguided. Gronk's one-game suspension is in line with recent precedent with those two situations.

That said, I am sure you could find plenty of situations where someone received a longer suspension for something equally bad, or the same one-game suspension for something not nearly as bad (JuJu being the prime example). The NFL being wildly inconsistent with punishment is nothing new.

Archived