Vikings rookie WR Jordan Addison cited for driving 140 MPH in a 55 zone

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

...What an idiot.

I'm assuming it's only a citation because hew wasn't DUI and it didnt result in an accident, but either way he's very lucky to not have hurt himself or someone else. Just an unnecessary and reckless speed to drive at on any public roadway.

Genuinely interested to see what punishment the NFL responds with for this.

Idk here in Indiana you get caught going that fast you're typically arrested on the spot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

He was the biggest diva in his class, combine that with Minnesota being one of the more boring states in America…what can you do 

Maybe not be a total freaking idiot, that is one thing he could do... I understand speeding, but 140... throw his *** in jail for a few days.. Luckily he didn't kill someone. 

• Like 3

When I lived in Hawaii, my buddy got arrested for going 118 in a 55 on his bike.   First thing I said to him after bailing him out is "serves you right, a-hole", and I 100% meant it.

At a certain point, it goes beyond mere speeding.   Its reckless endangerment.   When you double up the speed limit, it should be treated similarly to a DUI.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 43M said:

When I lived in Hawaii, my buddy got arrested for going 118 in a 55 on his bike.   First thing I said to him after bailing him out is "serves you right, a-hole", and I 100% meant it.

At a certain point, it goes beyond mere speeding.   Its reckless endangerment.   When you double up the speed limit, it should be treated similarly to a DUI.

Why tf did you bail him out lmao

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

These kids, wait until you get outside of city limits before you top it out. That kind of reckless speeding is reserved for the back roads.

Was he in town or on an open stretch of a back road/Hwy? Yes it makes a difference IMO. We have Hwy in NC where there are literally no cars, no houses, no pedestrian.  Straight aways where your biggest fear/danger is hitting a Deer! Or your own inability to handle your car!

Those whining with moral out cry need a reality check. Even if "You'd Never" 👌, doesn't mean it doesn't occur by Millions, yes millions on a daily or at worst monthly basis.

Hell there are several TV shows celebrating such activities. Just not everyone can own 500K cars and do it whenever they chose.

Now if in a populated part of town, where numerous vehicles, homes and or pedestrians are involved,  passed like a game of hopscotch,  Yes, he was a GD idiot!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was he in town or on an open stretch of a back road/Hwy? Yes it makes a difference IMO. We have Hwy in NC where there are literally no cars, no houses, no pedestrian.  Straight aways where your biggest fear/danger is hitting a Deer! Or your own inability to handle your car!

Those whining with moral out cry need a reality check. Even if "You'd Never" 👌, doesn't mean it doesn't occur by Millions, yes millions on a daily or at worst monthly basis.

Hell there are several TV shows celebrating such activities. Just not everyone can own 500K cars and do it whenever they chose.

Now if in a populated part of town, where numerous vehicles, homes and or pedestrians are involved,  passed like a game of hopscotch,  Yes, he was a GD idiot!!!!

I dont agree with what he did at all because all the outcry is true he could of seriosuly hurt himself or someone else or even killed someone but all of these people speed every day to and from work, speeding is speeding at the end of the day, and i can pretty much guarantee you these cats have driven while above the legal BAC limit. Arguing about morales is always a little odd to me.

And again i dont condone what he did at all. But hes young and young people make bad decisions. What matters now is that he didnt hurt or kill anyone or himself and that he learns from his stupid mistake.

2 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Why tf did you bail him out lmao

Because he called me and my roommate at the time and asked us to.    I wasnt even sure what exactly it was for when we did.   

At the time, I wouldve bailed him out even if I had known.    After putting some years on, I wouldve let him spend a night in jail.

8 hours ago, Sad People said:

I dont agree with what he did at all because all the outcry is true he could of seriosuly hurt himself or someone else or even killed someone but all of these people speed every day to and from work, speeding is speeding at the end of the day, and i can pretty much guarantee you these cats have driven while above the legal BAC limit. Arguing about morales is always a little odd to me.

And again i dont condone what he did at all. But hes young and young people make bad decisions. What matters now is that he didnt hurt or kill anyone or himself and that he learns from his stupid mistake.

There's a difference between speeding 5-20 MPH on the highway or a road which you're matching the traffic speed or just trying to get to work, you can still control your vehicle. Doing 70 in a 55, etc is fine if everyone else is doing it. No one else is doing 140 MPH on the road, you do not have the time to react to **** in front of you at that speed which results in accidents,deaths,cars flying into houses etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

There's a difference between speeding 5-20 MPH on the highway or a road which you're matching the traffic speed or just trying to get to work, you can still control your vehicle. Doing 70 in a 55, etc is fine if everyone else is doing it. No one else is doing 140 MPH on the road, you do not have the time to react to **** in front of you at that speed which results in accidents,deaths,cars flying into houses etc.

Speeding is speeding my dude. Theres NO difference in that. The outcome was the same and that was a ticket.

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Speeding is speeding my dude. Theres NO difference in that. The outcome was the same and that was a ticket.

"Stabbing someone is stabbing someone my dude, Theres NO difference in that. The outcome was the same and that was a ticket." 

Context and situation very much matter as well as degree of severity hence why we have sentencing guidelines and various degrees of crime escalation. Do yourself a favor and learn from this situation like Jordan should and hopefully will considering he was just given a ticket and not thrown in jail. 

Crimes should be given the correct punishment to ward off the individual and future idiots. 

Jordan should be given a 4-6 game suspension for this conduct minimum IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xmad said:

"Stabbing someone is stabbing someone my dude, Theres NO difference in that. The outcome was the same and that was a ticket." 

Context and situation very much matter as well as degree of severity hence why we have sentencing guidelines and various degrees of crime escalation. Do yourself a favor and learn from this situation like Jordan should and hopefully will considering he was just given a ticket and not thrown in jail. 

Crimes should be given the correct punishment to ward off the individual and future idiots. 

Jordan should be given a 4-6 game suspension for this conduct minimum IMO. 

lmao the first part doesnt even make sense my man.

And he did receive a punishment for the severity of of his crime and thats a hefty ticket because thats what happens when you speed. If society as a whole thought his crime was so bad he wouldnt of walked away with just a ticket.

Get off your high horse man youre arguing about morales. When i can pretty much guarantee you youve driven after having over a couple beers, a glass of wine or a mixed drink or went over the speeding limit on your way to work today or consume Nestle products. Which if you did speed on your way to work today and got pulled over you would of received the same punishment and Addison did and thats a ticket.....

Now arguing about if the punishment he received and other people receive for going over the limit that much is an entirely different argument.

Just now, Sad People said:

lmao the first part doesnt even make sense my man.

And he did receive a punishment for the severity of of his crime and thats a hefty ticket because thats what happens when you speed. If society as a whole thought his crime was so bad he wouldnt of walked away with just a ticket.

Get off your high horse man youre arguing about morales. When i can pretty much guarantee you youve driven after having over a couple beers, a glass of wine or a mixed drink or went over the speeding limit on your way to work today or consume Nestle products. Which if you did speed on your way to work today and got pulled over you would of received the same punishment and Addison did and thats a ticket.....

Now arguing about if the punishment he received and other people receive for going over the limit that much is an entirely different argument.

Not gonna bother taking personals into this when that doesn't justify anything have a good one m8.