Vikings rookie WR Jordan Addison cited for driving 140 MPH in a 55 zone

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Have you all ever been in a car going that fast? It's ridiculous trying to process everything at that speed. 

You don't get a Lambo SUV to drive 55 mph. 140 is taking it easy. Is it stupid? Yes, but let's not act like we were all saints in our early 20s either.

I don't get the people comparing this to driving under the influence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You don't get a Lambo SUV to drive 55 mph. 140 is taking it easy. Is it stupid? Yes, but let's not act like we were all saints in our early 20s either.

You also shouldn't get a lambo to drive three times the speed of the posted speed limit. I certainly have never gone anywhere close to that on a county road. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You also shouldn't get a lambo to drive three times the speed of the posted speed limit. I certainly have never gone anywhere close to that on a county road. 

It's easier than you think in these modern luxury vehicles. I never had access to a car that fast when I was younger but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be very tempting.

22 minutes ago, StatKing said:

It's easier than you think in these modern luxury vehicles. I never had access to a car that fast when I was younger but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be very tempting.

I'm not even sure what you're justifying. Boys will be boys? Fine, but that still comes with consequences. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You know I heard that the feeling you get doing hard drugs is so exhilarating that it is tempting too. The difference is that when you are an adult, specifically a professional in any field, the "temptation" to do something that can end in serious bodily harm or death, should never have excuses made to justify the action. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Ah, so he's a moron.  I bet he gets caught doing it again sometime in the next year.

You're assuming he keeps his license? As a professional athlete he might get a slap on the wrist with enough palms greesed, but not guaranteed. 

"What is the law for reckless driving in Minnesota?

Reckless driving is a misdemeanor offense and can lead to 90 days in jail and up to $1,000 in fines. A single offense like this can lead to an automatic suspended license. This is applied on a case-by-case basis and many licensees are allowed to contest this suspension via a hearing."

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not even sure what you're justifying. Boys will be boys? Fine, but that still comes with consequences. 

The consequence was a citation. People that think he should get cut or punished further for speeding is kind of insane in my opinion. Nobody got hurt and he didn't try to outrun the cops. Give the kid a break.

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

Who the hell cares that it's easy to drive a Lambo 140 mph? That doesn't change the fact that it's harder to control and an immense danger to pedestrians and the driver's lives.

What is going on in this thread?

• Like 2