Justin Herbert Just Got Paid. 5 year/$262 Million

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

The rumor floating around some circles is he is going to negotiate cap % instead of hard numbers, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

How would this actually work? Would the contract break all of the money into % of the cap as well? So Joe Burrow is getting 2% of the cap as an option bonus each year or something?

If they don't do it that way, I'm sure he could still sign a deal, but I don't see how he could sign a team friendly deal. If he's just making a flat 15% of the salary cap or whatever that gives the Bengals no ability to defer his deal or add void years or take advantage of cap inflation or any of the other things teams do that make the deal team friendly.

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

The rumor floating around some circles is he is going to negotiate cap % instead of hard numbers, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

I mean, that's been floated around before but nobody has secured a contract like that.

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I doubt it unless it’s done to free up cap space. He wants to win more than anything. He’s still getting 40+/year plus all his endorsements. 

Stop with the He wants to win more then anything BS. So does Justin, Jalen, Lamar and eventually Joe.

When Mahomes signed his deal he was the highest paid QB in NFL history. The market has reset itself. He is not Tom Brady taking a discount to win SB becuase to my knowledge Pat doesn't have a Wife making 45M a year, like Tom did for most of the 2010 decade.

Mahomes in the next year or two will be making $60M a season. No doubt.

27 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I doubt it unless it’s done to free up cap space. He wants to win more than anything. He’s still getting 40+/year plus all his endorsements. 

I think people are already forgetting his recent quotes saying "I've always said I worry about legacy and winning rings more than making money at this moment"

And also this "We see what's going on around the league, but at the same time, I'll never do anything that's going to hurt us from keeping the great players around me. So it's kind of teetering around that line"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37722831/patrick-mahomes-priority-legacy-winning-rings-not-money

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Stop with the He wants to win more then anything BS. So does Justin, Jalen, Lamar and eventually Joe.

When Mahomes signed his deal he was the highest paid QB in NFL history. The market has reset itself. He is not Tom Brady taking a discount to win SB becuase to my knowledge Pat doesn't have a Wife making 45M a year, like Tom did for most of the 2010 decade.

Mahomes in the next year or two will be making $60M a season. No doubt.

Its not BS man hes literally said he values rings and legacy more than money.

Edited by Sad People

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That's nice and all but there's a 0.00% chance he doesn't ask for more money.

Even though 2 months ago he said he value rings and legacy more than money?

In that same exact interview he said "It's not about being the highest-paid guy; it's not about making a ton of money. I've made enough money where I'll be set for the rest of my life"

That cute that you think that.

There will be a time when Mahomes gets a new deal or new money but itll be the same team friendly deal he already signed with KC.

19 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Yes but if you go back to my other quote where i literally say its going to be the same type of deal as he has now.

How can it be a similar deal if the Going rate for FQB is no longer $40M a season, but $55-60M?

You're being extremely naive if you think the best QB in the NFL is going to intentionally restructure another "team friendly " 👌 deal 15-20M under the current FQB market.

His 2027 salary (62M),  will become his base.

• Like 2

Burrow reportedly is going to leave money on the table for his guys as well… yeah we will see. He’s going to be the highest paid player here shortly and we will see how much is left on the table for the others. Guys say a lot of things… Mahomes will be seeking new and more money.

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Burrow reportedly is going to leave money on the table for his guys as well… yeah we will see. He’s going to be the highest paid player here shortly and we will see how much is left on the table for the others. Guys say a lot of things… Mahomes will be seeking new and more money.

I would think your ask goes up, not down when you start rubbing shoulders with guys like Michael Rubin.