Justin Herbert Just Got Paid. 5 year/$262 Million

BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, ET80 said:
3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I am interested to see if they did anything with his 2024 cap hit. That's the year that will be....something...in terms of Chargers cap shenanigans. 

That's the year Herbert is going to be throwing to you and me - for $100 a game. 

Actually, we might take our talents to Gotham after that Rodgers extension. They're gonna need WRs at $2/game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

no no no no remember he's taking a team friendly deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣

It depends on how people interpret "team friendly".  When Mahomes signed his new deal, he was top paid by quite a bit, but the structure of it left leeway to sign plenty of other guys.  Why couldn't Burrow get his bag and still do that?  He's publicly said he wants to leave enough on the table for Chaser, Tee and others.  I fully realize that a lot of our fans are delusional if they think he's taking a lot less.  The rumor floating around some circles is he is going to negotiate cap % instead of hard numbers, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

There's also the Brady methos, which Mahomes is also doing, of banking on huge money from endorsements.  Burrow just signed on with Body Armor.  He could easily do more.

Edited by INbengalfan

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

It depends on how people interpret "team friendly".  When Mahomes signed his new deal, he was top paid by quite a bit, but the structure of it left leeway to sign plenty of other guys.  Why couldn't Burrow get his bag and still do that?  He's publicly said he wants to leave enough on the table for Chaser, Tee and others.  I fully realize that a lot of our fans are delusional if they think he's taking a lot less.  The rumor floating around some circles is he is going to negotiate cap % instead of hard numbers, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

There's also the Brady methos, which Mahomes is also doing, of banking on huge money from endorsements.  Burrow just signed on with Body Armor.  He could easily do more.

Yeah, I didn't understand that comment. Burrow can certainly still do a team friendly option when he gets his extension. The guy isn't an idiot and as you alluded to, he wants Tee, Chase and Co to get paid as well and knows they're vital to the offense's success. It would've been wise for the Bengals to get this done prior to everyone else but they didn't so we'll see what unfolds.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Probably annoying that say this after everyone of these. But man I am glad Mahomes is my teams QB with his contract and mindset.

You honestly don't think Mahomes will restructure his deal in the next season or two once all of these QB are done? 👌

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, I didn't understand that comment. Burrow can certainly still do a team friendly option when he gets his extension. The guy isn't an idiot and as you alluded to, he wants Tee, Chase and Co to get paid as well and knows they're vital to the offense's success. It would've been wise for the Bengals to get this done prior to everyone else but they didn't so we'll see what unfolds.

We'll wait and see what happens. Mahomes got a bag but he's going to quickly fall out of the top 10 and still has 9 more years left on that thing. Every time a QB says they are going to take a team-friendly deal because they want their teammates to get paid too, they don't.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You honestly don't think Mahomes will restructure his deal in the next season or two once all of these QB are done? 👌

I doubt it unless it’s done to free up cap space. He wants to win more than anything. He’s still getting 40+/year plus all his endorsements. 

• Like 2