Best run blocking offensive linemen

Hunter2_1

No idea where they rank league-wide but Terron Armstead and Andrus Peat have both been great runblockers this year. 

Armstead can FLY... nothing like seeing him throwing dudes out of the way, 20 yards downfield.

My kinda thread - trench play. My top 10 run blockers:

Tyron Smith

Kelechi Osemele

Andrew Norwell

Zach Martin

Marshall Yanda

Alex Mack

Trent Williams

Rodney Hudson

Lane Johnson

Last but not least, although he's slightly under-powered as a solo blocker at the LOS, I really like his athleticism, quickness, and recognition at the second level in the zone game - Joe Thuney.

13 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

My kinda thread - trench play. My top 10 run blockers:

Tyron Smith

Kelechi Osemele

Andrew Norwell

Zach Martin

Marshall Yanda

Alex Mack

Trent Williams

Rodney Hudson

Lane Johnson

Last but not least, although he's slightly under-powered as a solo blocker at the LOS, I really like his athleticism, quickness, and recognition at the second level in the zone game - Joe Thuney.

Great post

Brandon Brooks deserves to be mentioned alongside any other guard in this topic. He's been incredible this year. Because of Kelce and Lane both being the best (or among the best) at their positions and all the praise they have gotten, Brooks has somehow become extremely underrated. He's not just one of the best run blockers, but one of the best guards in general

On 12/4/2017 at 5:35 PM, domepatrol91 said:

No idea where they rank league-wide but Terron Armstead and Andrus Peat have both been great runblockers this year. 

Armstead can FLY... nothing like seeing him throwing dudes out of the way, 20 yards downfield.

Armstead is incredible.

TBH I'd take him over any tackle in the league. Guys so damn athletic. The idea of having him on the Eagles makes me salivate. Putting him on the same line as Kelce and Lane would give us the 3 most athletic OLineman in the league maybe

25 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Armstead is incredible.

TBH I'd take him over any tackle in the league. Guys so damn athletic. The idea of having him on the Eagles makes me salivate. Putting him on the same line as Kelce and Lane would give us the 3 most athletic OLineman in the league maybe

He’s elite...for the five games he’s healthy each season. 

Shaq Mason might be an under-radar one for you all. He's in PFF top 5 for run blocking guards. He's also very athletic, really good at pulling in the power game. Easily the quickest to get into second level on the team (perhaps even division). He's small, but you wouldn't know it.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Shaq Mason might be an under-radar one for you all. He's in PFF top 5 for run blocking guards. He's also very athletic, really good at pulling in the power game. Easily the quickest to get into second level on the team (perhaps even division). He's small, but you wouldn't know it.

He has certainly improved his run blocking. His height (6'1") also gives him great leverage as well.

Archived