JuJU penalty

3rivers

9 hours ago, August4th said:

Well, I gained alot of respect for that man.   Still dont want him on the field, but he is dead on.   So many helmet to helmet hits are incidental, yet they wanna fine huge money regardless of the situation?     

The George Illoka hit showed alot more intent than the Juju one.....and then they came out and said the taunt had nothing to do with it.

Screw the NFL man.    Like @warfelg alluded to....if it werent for the love of my team, I would stop watching right now.    I stopped watching the NBA at one point and I largely stopped watching the MLB.   It would be much harder to give up the NFL, but they are making it easier week after week.     Some of the idiots talking about the players supposedly ruining the image of the NFL.....how about you look to the top.    Alot of players will be greedy prima donnas and some will even be dirty players, but thats not whats hurting the league.

Hell, my fandom of the game has already severely dwindled over the last 5 years.   I went from watching the Steeler game of the week 3-5 times per week on top of watching other games and college football games to see who would make good pros, to now watching the Steeler game once or twice (usually once), maybe catching another game here and there, and barely watching college football outside of Penn State games when they are on national broadcast.       Some of my loss of interest has to do with stuff going on in my own life, but alot of it just has to do with the NFL....and most of it doesnt have anything to do with the players....even the protest stuff.   Even though the players are the ones pushing it, the NFL is accommodating them.

Right now, I honestly dont even want to watch the rest of the season.   Like I said....if I didnt love the Steelers so much, I would just move on.     This entire season has been tainted for me, and has tainted the name of the NFL going forward for alot of people.  

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, I gained alot of respect for that man.   Still dont want him on the field, but he is dead on.   So many helmet to helmet hits are incidental, yet they wanna fine huge money regardless of the situation?     

The George Illoka hit showed alot more intent than the Juju one.....and then they came out and said the taunt had nothing to do with it.

Screw the NFL man.    Like @warfelg alluded to....if it werent for the love of my team, I would stop watching right now.    I stopped watching the NBA at one point and I largely stopped watching the MLB.   It would be much harder to give up the NFL, but they are making it easier week after week.     Some of the idiots talking about the players supposedly ruining the image of the NFL.....how about you look to the top.    Alot of players will be greedy prima donnas and some will even be dirty players, but thats not whats hurting the league.

Hell, my fandom of the game has already severely dwindled over the last 5 years.   I went from watching the Steeler game of the week 3-5 times per week on top of watching other games and college football games to see who would make good pros, to now watching the Steeler game once or twice (usually once), maybe catching another game here and there, and barely watching college football outside of Penn State games when they are on national broadcast.       Some of my loss of interest has to do with stuff going on in my own life, but alot of it just has to do with the NFL....and most of it doesnt have anything to do with the players....even the protest stuff.   Even though the players are the ones pushing it, the NFL is accommodating them.

Right now, I honestly dont even want to watch the rest of the season.   Like I said....if I didnt love the Steelers so much, I would just move on.     This entire season has been tainted for me, and has tainted the name of the NFL going forward for alot of people.  

I really hate supporting the NFL tbh. I think they are a terrible organization all around, far worse than a company like EA and yet they get no hate outside of politics. 

On 2017-12-06 at 3:31 PM, August4th said:

this was several years ago. several years from now, you can imagine what the league will be like :$ Might as well enjoy whats left because I doubt many will tolerate the nfl 10 years from now.

So I know someone in enough know to learn some things:

Of course there is some unhappiness within the Steelers about what happened.  That is to be expected.  But there has been some voices of displeasure with other teams over the inconsistency with how they ruled and saying that JuJu's was because of the hit, and not offering why Iloka isn't suspended.  A couple of owners have questioned who those guys were assigned to each of those cases, as Thrash has a low turnover rate, and Brooks had a high one.

Supposedly even other members of the competition committee have called Tomlin and have offered to put on the table a different way to come to these rulings, as even they see the inconsistencies here.

The other thing that happened was Troy Vincent was called a ton and questioned as to why it was the hit by JuJu in his explanation and in Jon Runyan's explanation the taunting played a part.  Essentially the NFL left a lot of teams with quite a few questions as to what happened, why it went down the way it did, and what this means for discipline moving forward.    Questions also revolve around why there was a suspension for a first time offender, why it was explained to be a hit when it wasn't as bad as it looked, why Iloka's which looked much more egregious was allowed to be overturned.

Personal injection here:

I think by next season we see some change, whether it be to how the penalty is applied, having a board for appeals, or if there is an actual guideline from there.  Personally I would love to see a structure put in place: 1st offense $50K fine, 2nd offense $75K, 3rd offense 1-game suspension, 4th+ on a case by case basis.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not a single Seattle player suspended for yesterday’s debacle in Jacksonville. 

ok to go intentionally for the knees on a kneel down play but accidentally barely hitting the head on an otherwise textbook block not allowed - this is the nfl 2017.  The league is just getting worse, they need to make changes in the offices that make these decisions before the fans had enough.

JuJu talks about his suspension in this video but I linked it at this time to showcase the sick burn that takes place between him and a friend playing Call of Duty.

JuJu: I'm about to embarass you bro.

Friend: Bet bruh, come on.

JuJu: Alright, all over my youtube bro, you finna be under my name (lower on the scoreboard).

Friend: Alright bruh.

JuJu: You know why my back hurts right?

Friend: Nah bruh... (cut off)

JuJu: Cause I'm carrying the team. I am carrying the team right now bro.

Friend: Nah you aint carrying no team, cause you suspended bruh.

Steelers gonna have to put JuJu on IR after that burn.

Gruden was way off base about the helmet to helmet contact because it was incidental contact which isnt a penalty. He led with his shoulder.

Having said that, Steeler or not he deserved the suspension. Standing over a player like he did, come on man....where is the class and humanity?

I have no love loss for Burfict, but imagine if that were Burfict that stood over a player he had just injured.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Gruden was way off base about the helmet to helmet contact because it was incidental contact which isnt a penalty. He led with his shoulder.

Having said that, Steeler or not he deserved the suspension. Standing over a player like he did, come on man....where is the class and humanity?

I have no love loss for Burfict, but imagine if that were Burfict that stood over a player he had just injured.

Since when is a taunting penalty suspension worthy?

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except, Troy Vincent said the suspension was because of the hit, and when it comes to suspensions Vincent is kinda the final word.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:55 AM, warfelg said:

So I know someone in enough know to learn some things:

Of course there is some unhappiness within the Steelers about what happened.  That is to be expected.  But there has been some voices of displeasure with other teams over the inconsistency with how they ruled and saying that JuJu's was because of the hit, and not offering why Iloka isn't suspended.  A couple of owners have questioned who those guys were assigned to each of those cases, as Thrash has a low turnover rate, and Brooks had a high one.

Supposedly even other members of the competition committee have called Tomlin and have offered to put on the table a different way to come to these rulings, as even they see the inconsistencies here.

The other thing that happened was Troy Vincent was called a ton and questioned as to why it was the hit by JuJu in his explanation and in Jon Runyan's explanation the taunting played a part.  Essentially the NFL left a lot of teams with quite a few questions as to what happened, why it went down the way it did, and what this means for discipline moving forward.    Questions also revolve around why there was a suspension for a first time offender, why it was explained to be a hit when it wasn't as bad as it looked, why Iloka's which looked much more egregious was allowed to be overturned.

Personal injection here:

I think by next season we see some change, whether it be to how the penalty is applied, having a board for appeals, or if there is an actual guideline from there.  Personally I would love to see a structure put in place: 1st offense $50K fine, 2nd offense $75K, 3rd offense 1-game suspension, 4th+ on a case by case basis.

Thanks for the info.  Who's on the competition committee?  Do you know?

Edit:  Rich McKay & John Mara?  Those are seasoned football men.  They can't possibly think that's a suspendable offense

Archived