Baldur’s Gate III

Kiltman

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I tried to like this one dude but the combat just killed it for me. I still haven't put enough time into it to where I can still refund it on Steam but I might give it another go. 

I just play on easy and use basic attacks to breeze through the combat parts. The rest of the game is worth it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I just play on easy and use basic attacks to breeze through the combat parts. The rest of the game is worth it. 

Maybe this is what I need to do to give myself a way to get invested and make the learning curve a little less intimidating.  Just drop the difficulty to the lowest setting until I'm not so overwhelmed.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Same! Finished last night and immediately started a Dark Urge

Was debating doing Urge next or not, 

But downloaded a ton of mods late in the game so just chose to start a normal playthrough this time.

• Like 1

When I get around to playing Durge, I'm 100% playing Circle of the Spores Druid, just sounds perfect.

Current playthrough going through act 1 slowly,

Spoiler

I choose wrong talking to Vlaakith and she just straight up killed my party during the dialog and I got a game over screen lmao.

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But downloaded a ton of mods late in the game so just chose to start a normal playthrough this time.

I want to try the larger party mod with friends. The game really needs a faster party swapping mod or update too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

When I get around to playing Durge, I'm 100% playing Circle of the Spores Druid, just sounds perfect.

Current playthrough going through act 1 slowly,

Hide contents

I choose wrong talking to Vlaakith and she just straight up killed my party during the dialog and I got a game over screen lmao.

I was surprised just how much you can miss in Act1, I just cleared out the Goblins fast and like the whole grove stuff was just gone

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I wanted to do an evil Urge playthrough, but I can't do it. No way I'm not helping the tieflings or being mean to my companions. I guess I'll see what happens by trying to be the nicest Dark Urge possible. 

Durges doesn't mean you need to pick the evil options, even in a roleplaying setting. It just makes your personal background/quest MUCH more interesting. You'll still have agency over those choices.

I've been hesitant to buy the game at full-price because I'm generally not one for turn-based games (although I do tolerate them), so I decided to try out the trial version on PS Plus and 2 hours in, I can already see why this game won GOTY.  It is fantastic.  Love the freedom.  Love the dialogue.  Love how it looks.  Everything.

My one gripe is that this game isn't beginner-friendly at all.  I don't want my hand held or anything, but there are so many different things in this game that I wish they did a better job explaining it all.  But not the end of the world.

I'll end up buying this game on my PC this week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

Mod support on consoles would be sicccckkkk.

Even if it's just basic mod support it would be hella nice.

Adding classes, spells, armor and all the character creation stuff really add to the replayability. 

Like my current character is an multiclassed arcane archer / hunter that can also transform into a werewolf. Been super fun to be the sniper but also teleport in and wolf out. 

• Like 1