Baldur’s Gate III

Kiltman

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm going to wait until it comes to Xbox which I hear could be a few years. 

Supposedly if Microsoft let it skip the Series S it’d be ready to go. Issue with the co-op on the S. Probably coming early next year.

I’m not sure why the delay on PS5, but that’s coming in a month.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 12:12 AM, Kiltman said:

Anyone playing it yet?

My buddy works for Larian and we've been playing together, he's letting me play as the 'main character' and he's acting like one of my companions. I went with a high charisma warlock and it's been a blast, handling dialogues and wielding that flaming sword from the devil in the prologue.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I want to love this game so much, but the combat is so slow and clunky, and I despise needing to go to camp and rest after almost every battle.

Everything outside of combat is awesome.

You are able to perform two short rests to heal and replinish skills before needing to go back to camp for long rest.

Personally love this game and have been playing the hell out of it.  If anyone has played any Divinity: Original Sin 2, its extremely similar to that, which is a good thing.  Personally D:OS2 is a top 5 all time game for me.   I'm not a massive fan of the having to return to camp to replenish, but, there are the short rests and, you can swap out companions who still have their full health/spells if you want to avoid the long rests.   I usually just keep slugging through, quick saving often, until I get to a big battle that I'll need everything for before I head to camp.  Of course, the long rests at camp are the only chance to have sexy time too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waiting forever for this to go on sale and I finally caved. Paid $80 something for the deluxe version. 20 hours in so far and I absolutely suck at combat. My main character is a true Rogue, Darkheart is true Cleric, Gale as Wizard and I swapped the Bard that tried to vamp me for an Orc Paladin. Lvl 4 fighting through the Arcane Tower and getting my *** handed to me. Game has such a huge learning curve... I'm overwhelmed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Waiting forever for this to go on sale and I finally caved. Paid $80 something for the deluxe version. 20 hours in so far and I absolutely suck at combat. My main character is a true Rogue, Darkheart is true Cleric, Gale as Wizard and I swapped the Bard that tried to vamp me for an Orc Paladin. Lvl 4 fighting through the Arcane Tower and getting my *** handed to me. Game has such a huge learning curve... I'm overwhelmed. 

Astarion is a rogue, not a bard 

12 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I too suck at combat. 

• Like 3