Baldur’s Gate III

Kiltman

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Add me to the group that also sucks at combat.  The learning curve has caused me to have a hard time getting into it with the limited windows I have to play games in.  

To be honest, I am very much enjoying the game, I am just restarting fights a lot. Part of my other issue is that I was never a D&D player, so the nuances of things I should be doing to help myself I have no idea. Like all this leveling up and what comes with it... NO IDEA.

• Like 1

I just picked it up recently and I'm loving it. I'm deep into Dungeons and Dragons though as an RPG player (and love the newest movie) so that helps. But I don't find the combat too clunky, it takes a second to remember everything, but now that I've been in a few, I know what I'm doing. And I really love my character, she's a pretty awesome Sorcerer.

2 hours ago, Geek said:

I've been playing with my buddies and it's a great time. It's pretty hilarious how everything will be going great and then one of us will make the most zero-IQ play ever and completely collapse the whole fight or even dialogue.

Playing with my girlfriend and sometimes immediately after saving (so we can reload without consequences) I attack random NPCs to see what happens. 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, MKnight82 said:

This just came out on console.  Debating this or Starfield being my next game. 

Baldur's gate 3 - Can pick your genitals

Starfield - No genitals

What else do you need to know?

But in all seriousness I have both and enjoy both very much.

Ask yourself this... Do you want to play Fallout in space more or Divinity: Original Sin 2 set in D&D world more?

Cause that's pretty much what they are.

Both will easily offer a ton of play time and replayability.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, MKnight82 said:

This just came out on console.  Debating this or Starfield being my next game. 

Go BG3, they released it years ago in early access and got it to this polished point. Starfield now is good, but will probably feel better in 3-5 months once Mods are everywhere and there is one or two big quality of life patches. The DLC might also be out by summer too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Go BG3, they released it years ago in early access and got it to this polished point. Starfield now is good, but will probably feel better in 3-5 months once Mods are everywhere and there is one or two big quality of life patches. The DLC might also be out by summer too.

I wouldn't really call it "polished" it still has some issues (mainly graphical errors and annoying weird camera errors in battle at times), it's definitely playable and doesn't have any game breaking bugs or anything (that I know of) but it still needs a few more patches.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

lol just found out I missed an entire Origin character in Act 1

I almost never found Lae'zel lol. Didn't walk over in that direction after getting off the beach but eventually looked up where to find her. 

Edited by skywindO2

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I almost never found Lae'zel lol. Didn't walk over in that direction after getting off the beach but eventually looked up where to find her. 

Just don't leave her and come for her later, that's what I did 

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet but if you're going back into BG3 a second time pick the Dark Urges background from the character creator instead of custom character (you can still customize everything else). I don't want to spoil anything but it's the reason I think BG3 is the game of the year now. It's worth your while.

• Like 1