Top 10 DB Units in the NFL

Ozzy

You are way off in your Lions projections. 

NB: Brian Branch/Will Harris

CB: Jerry Jacobs/Emmanuel Moseley

S: C.J. Gardner-Johnson/Tracy Walker III

S: Kerby Joseph/Ifeatu Melifonwu 

CB: Cam Sutton/Steven Gilmore/Khalil Dorsey

CJGJ can also play nickel, but Branch won that starting role and will have Harris backing him up. That slides CJGJ in at safety opposite Kerby Joseph and moves Tracy Walker to the bench while coming back from an Achilles injury. Gardner-Johnson is not an outside corner. 

Moseley is reportedly doing much better from his injury and will be coming off the bench behind Jerry Jacobs opposite Sutton. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

You are way off in your Lions projections. 

NB: Brian Branch/Will Harris

CB: Jerry Jacobs/Emmanuel Moseley

S: C.J. Gardner-Johnson/Tracy Walker III

S: Kerby Joseph/Ifeatu Melifonwu 

CB: Cam Sutton/Steven Gilmore/Khalil Dorsey

CJGJ can also play nickel, but Branch won that starting role and will have Harris backing him up. That slides CJGJ in at safety opposite Kerby Joseph and moves Tracy Walker to the bench while coming back from an Achilles injury. Gardner-Johnson is not an outside corner. 

Moseley is reportedly doing much better from his injury and will be coming off the bench behind Jerry Jacobs opposite Sutton. 

I did not know how bad Tracy Walker was off the injury, obviously he is not 100% or he would have and should have won the starting job.  I still say Jacobs and Moseley are far better in the slot than Brian Branch as pure coverage guys.  But not surprising they want to get Branch on the field, but Branch would be better in the box as a safety and Gardner-Johnson as the slot if they need Jacobs to start at the other corner spot and Moseley is out anyway.   I mentioned Steven Gilmore to someone who apparently knew the Lions and he clearly did not know him and he made the roster which is a great accomplishment I did not have him doing that but great for him.  And it is multiple and will change constantly, what is assumed to be the lineup and the starters will not always be the case.  

Yeah I think Gardner-Johnson is better as a safety but there is a reason why the Lions need Jacobs a slot and Moseley when healthy a slot to play outside because it is a need compared to safety which is almost overloaded.  And Gardner-Johnson could do it if asked and has in the past.  

Either way fine group and since when is versatility and depth a bad thing, never.  

Falcons playing time:

RCB - Flowers - 77 snaps

LCB - Terrell - 77 snaps

NCB - Alford - 72 snaps

Hughes is Terrell's backup and was a healthy scratch for the game. Okudah was an unhealthy scratch for the game. Phillips played 0 defensive snaps. In dime, they went 3 S, 3 CBs.

Edited by scar988

It's really interesting to see what BB does with his secondary. They all swap roles so often, and we play more Dime than any other defense by far. They tend to play a lot of man, but then rotate and also play a completely different play to what they show pre-snap. Can't wait to see how Gonzo fits in - my guess is a lot more freedom for the others, as he should be able to be left on MEG (man everywhere he goes).

• 2 weeks later...

Texans have been pretty solid this year before the horrible injuries happened.

LCB - Sting - Allowed 1 Reception so far in 2 games (Hamstring Injury Today last play of practice breaking for an INT; out ~3-4 weeks last reported)
RCB - S. Nelson - Allowing the 5th Lowest QB rating for corners when thrown his way currently.
NB - Tavierre Thomas - Highest Graded Corner week 1 (Broke Hand last week against Colts, played game in Soft cast; expected to miss maybe 1 game)

FS - Jalen Pitre - Team Captain, PB level player (Brusied Lung Week 1, out Week 2 and status uncertain week 3)
SS - Jimmyy Ward - Team Captain, PB Player (Hip Injury first 2 weeks, Finally back week 3)

Once Healthy - The Secondary is an absolute nightmare. We just need our LB's to get their stuff together on intermediate routes.