Week 2 Preseason GDT: Jim Schwartz and the Brownies @ The Philadelphia Eagles

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

For fantasy it’s going to be horribly inconsistent. Im not touching Swift at ADP. Penny I’ll take if he is in the double digits. I’ll take Gainwell with my last pick and just see what’s up. Drafting anyone to rely on at the start of the season is a dangerous game 

I think I'm tracking the same way. Sometimes you just get to those later rounds though, shooting for the moon, and was thinking what the hell do I do with these Eagles guys? 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I think I'm tracking the same way. Sometimes you just get to those later rounds though, shooting for the moon, and was thinking what the hell do I do with these Eagles guys? 

There is a non 0 chance you get the Eagles RB to have with your last pick. If not, he’s an easy cut for the week 1 waiver hotness 

• Like 1

They weren’t contributing on defense, but we lost 2 of our best special teams guys in back to back weeks in Bradley and McPhearson.

Hopefully some young guys can help fill what we lost there.

But, besides field goal kicking I’m not sure how good are special teams will be. Punter is still very questionable. I like Covey as a punt returner but hopefully we can give him more room to operate cause we were bad at that for most of last year. Our coverage units just took hits like I said, so that’s TBD.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

22 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s still crazy to me that basically our only true day 3 picks were a 6th and 7th rounders and we got steals with both of them in McKee and Ojomo. Honestly Moro was probably the bigger of the steals. He was more like a 4th to 5th rounder that we got near the end of the 7th. I still can’t believe he slipped like that.

And, yes I know technically Ringo was a day 3 pick we bought with a 3rd rounder next year. That’s why I put “true day 3 picks” cause he was essentially day 2 capital and a project for us at 20 years old (when we picked him). Even he has shown some nice moments in camp and in the first game.

I was more worried about Ojomo.
His draft status reminded me of Antajj Hawthorne, a 2nd or 3rd in some mocks, a 4th or 5th in others.
Then he slipped to the 6th ..... and was terrible.
The NFL was right, mockers were wrong.

I am not all that surprised that McKee is good.
I am surprised that he is this good this fast.
I thing he may be your prototypical system QB.

17 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Does anyone really have faith that Jordan Davis becomes more than a rotational run stuffer? I haven't really even seen flashes out of him that say otherwise. 

I was talking with Greg Cosell about him.
I hadn't realized that he never played more than 20 snaps in college.
He may need to be less of a "stuffer" and more of a "dieter."