Browns v Bengals: We’re Ready To Hurt Again

LETSGOBROWNIES

Hoo due eye think will win sense your a genius?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Yes or no

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Mike
    • Don’t be an idiot, it’s mike
    • Ojobo, Davis dt, baker and 60,000,o000 $

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Saw a crazy stat that said Amari Cooper has a chance to become the 1st WR in Browns history to have back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons this year.

In the big pile of crap the Browns have been since 1999, I guess it got lost on me how the Browns have never truly had 1 good WR for any extended period of time.

Damn....I could have sworn Dwayne Bowe did that during his time here.  Or maybe I was thinking of Corey Coleman.  

Oh well.  You get older, you tend to misremember things from time to time.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That is insane. I feel like we've always had a dude that could pass as a 1,000 yard WR, but they usually fizzle out after a year or move on. I feel like despite us not really having that #1 WR, it's never really been THE singular glaring need for the team. Even now, I think people overreacted about our desperation to find a WR. We obviously added Elijah Moore and Cedric Tillman, but I didn't think those were like "omg we will be terrible if we don't address WR" moves. At least, not before we took a swing at fixing our problems on the DL, LB, and S units.

There has always been a need for it, I guess ive never realized how big of a need it actually has been. I think its because Ive always just chalked it up to bad QB play but its insane how in 23 years we havent had a Tyreke Hill, Deandre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Jamar Chase, ect type on the team--or even longer ago a Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Anquon Bolden, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, ect. 

I understand those guys are hard to come by but in over 2 decades you feel like you would have fallen into one at some point. Every team since the 2000s seems to have had a great WR at some point, even the Lions lol But not the Browns.

Edited by AkronsWitness

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There has always been a need for it, I guess ive never realized how big of a need it actually has been. I think its because Ive always just chalked it up to bad QB play but its insane how in 23 years we havent had a Tyreke Hill, Deandre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Jamar Chase, ect type on the team--or even longer ago a Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Anquon Bolden, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, ect. 

I understand those guys are hard to come by but in over 2 decades you feel like you would have fallen into one at some point. Every team since the 2000s seems to have had a great WR at some point, even the Lions lol But not the Browns.

I think it hasn't seemed necessary because our WR's were never absolute bottom of the barrel worst in the NFL. Outside of the year where we had Mo Mass & Robiskie, I feel like we always had 1 legit starting caliber WR. Meanwhile, we were always majorly lacking at important spots like QB, OL, DL, CB, etc... Those spots needed way more attention than WR.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think it hasn't seemed necessary because our WR's were never absolute bottom of the barrel worst in the NFL. Outside of the year where we had Mo Mass & Robiskie, I feel like we always had 1 legit starting caliber WR. Meanwhile, we were always majorly lacking at important spots like QB, OL, DL, CB, etc... Those spots needed way more attention than WR.

I also think its because we never truly knew how impactful having one of those guys on your team could be. Saw it with Gordon 1 season, but never again. Imagine having Chase or Jefferson on your team doing what Gordon did for 8+ years straight lol Must be nice.

Ive always been a 'WRs are products of QB play' person, as in it is easy for WRs to look better than they are when you have a great QB throwing you the ball--but I cant help but wonder how all those QB busts would have looked if they were throwing to truly elite WRs. Like would Colt McCoy have bombed so hard if he had someone like Devante Adams to force feed the ball to instead of Greg Little and Massaquoi? Just feel like while having bad QB luck, we also didnt put them in the best possible scenerio to succeed.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I also think its because we never truly knew how impactful having one of those guys on your team could be. Saw it with Gordon 1 season, but never again. Imagine having Chase or Jefferson on your team doing what Gordon did for 8+ years straight lol Must be nice.

Ive always been a 'WRs are products of QB play' person, as in it is easy for WRs to look better than they are when you have a great QB throwing you the ball--but I cant help but wonder how all those QB busts would have looked if they were throwing to truly elite WRs. Like would Colt McCoy have bombed so hard if he had someone like Devante Adams to force feed the ball to instead of Greg Little and Massaquoi? Just feel like while having bad QB luck, we also didnt put them in the best possible scenerio to succeed.

If we were a good situation the two people who could have been different imo are Couch and Kizer. 

Kizer needed two years on  the bench. 

Couch showed negligence by our front office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we were a good situation the two people who could have been different imo are Couch and Kizer. 

Kizer needed two years on  the bench. 

Couch showed negligence by our front office.

True, the other one I cant believe was terrible is Quinn. I thought for sure he was going to be a franchise QB. Kizer is another good one that got killed by the system. McCoy showed a lot of promise too but there was just no receiving talent on the offense to help him out. I actually think they gave up on Colt too early.

Lot of QBs with talent who got ran over by coaching/system incompetence along with no receiving talent to throw the ball to. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

True, the other one I cant believe was terrible is Quinn. I thought for sure he was going to be a franchise QB. Kizer is another good one that got killed by the system. McCoy showed a lot of promise too but there was just no receiving talent on the offense to help him out. I actually think they gave up on Colt too early.

I have purchased one browns top. And that was Quinns. Glad I choose him over Joe Thomas.

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lot of QBs with talent who got ran over by coaching/system incompetence along with no receiving talent to throw the ball to. 

Yeah, we are an overlapping vendor diagram of problems.

We usually have a good runningback, otherwise it is often

No oline check

Bad coaching check

Bad targets check 

Bad coaching check check. 

Not many people succeed here in 2016. Coaching a nightmare, our best weapon was Duke or Pryor. Oline was somewhere between average and good.