Week 14 - Rams vs Eagles

RamRod

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

How about some irony for you. If not for that BS taunting call on TruJo that play that Wentz got hurt on wouldn't have happened. 

Wentz could've got hurt on any other play. He's not exactly cautious with his body. You run the risk of getting hurt when you barrel into guys, even at his size.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wentz could've got hurt on any other play. He's not exactly cautious with his body. You run the risk of getting hurt when you barrel into guys, even at his size.

He needs to treat it as a learning experience. He needs to start protecting himself.

56 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

the way I see it now is that we should be favorites for NFC champs going into the playoffs (with a seattle win next week) 

Yeah I was just telling my friend I see the Rams vs Saints in the NFC Championship Game. I don’t think the Vikings get through the playoffs and the Eagles are done now without Wentz.

5 minutes ago, RamRod said:
So it appears we had a game changing penalty called on us because they were talking football. I'm sorry for blaming Tru earlier. 

The refs didn't care. They were looking for a reason to flag us. We had just gotten a key stop on 3rd and long.

7 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Good game today guys... you have one hell of team that is going to be force for years to come. It's going to be fun watching these two young QB's battle the next decade or so. 

Good luck the rest of the year.

Same to you guys. I'm sick for you guys about what happened with Wentz. Has to feel like a straight gut punch. Hopefully the Goff-Wentz rivalry will be a big one for many years. 

3 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Same to you guys. I'm sick for you guys about what happened with Wentz. Has to feel like a straight gut punch. Hopefully the Goff-Wentz rivalry will be a big one for many years. 

It truly does feel like a gut punch... I had to shut everything down for a while get away from it all after the game. It truly just changed everything for us. 

But if we don't have a chance, I don't mind you guys going all the way. Just not Seattle lol.

Why are Rams fans so irate over the Trumaine flag? Are you mad at Trumaine for yapping, or do you think it was a bad call? 

Regardless, I'd definitely say we got the favorable calls today. I'm thinking of the big calls I recall GDT bickering.... The Celek PI I thought was correct, he wrapped his arm and impeded his progress, no different (albeit slower) than the correct PI Mills got on 3rd down against Cooper later in the game. The big play PI on Alshon I certainly would have been pissed about as Rams fan, it was an underthrown ball, not sure what else the CB can do in that situation when the WR suddenly wants to go forward into the CBs space. The leverage penalty was just straight up incorrect. Blatant hold on Quinn by big V. I wouldn't say you guys outplayed us or were the better team... but I wouldn't say we were the better team either (and that's w/ Wentz)... A couple plays change this game.

Kupp is king. Loved that kid since his junior year, always pimped him, was a sleeper in all my leagues... so of course he repays my faith by have his best game against the Eagles. Seriously though I can tell him and Goff have good chemistry and expect both to benefit very much from each other over the next few years. Expect regular 1k seasons from him.

McVay needs to pound the rock, Gurley is the most talented back in the league. I'm still not sure about the Rams offense, how good it really is (obviously is good, top 10, but is it great?), but that special teams is elite and the defense IMO is better than what stats will show. Certainly a disciplined unit all around, sound tackling and tight offensive execution. I'm still high on the Seahawks (maybe just because they spanked us), but if you guys beat them in Seattle next week you would jump over the Vikes as my NFC favorites. 

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why are Rams fans so irate over the Trumaine flag? Are you mad at Trumaine for yapping, or do you think it was a bad call? 

Regardless, I'd definitely say we got the favorable calls today. I'm thinking of the big calls I recall GDT bickering.... The Celek PI I thought was correct, he wrapped his arm and impeded his progress, no different (albeit slower) than the correct PI Mills got on 3rd down against Cooper later in the game. The big play PI on Alshon I certainly would have been pissed about as Rams fan, it was an underthrown ball, not sure what else the CB can do in that situation when the WR suddenly wants to go forward into the CBs space. The leverage penalty was just straight up incorrect. Blatant hold on Quinn by big V. I wouldn't say you guys outplayed us or were the better team... but I wouldn't say we were the better team either (and that's w/ Wentz)... A couple plays change this game.

At first I was mad at Trumaine but I think that's a situation where the ref needs to let something like that go and not a throw a game changing flag. 

Also, according to this tweet it wasn't even trash talking, they were talking football.

We'll never know what was said or if a flag was warranted but it seemed like a bogus call.

38 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Kupp is king. Loved that kid since his junior year, always pimped him, was a sleeper in all my leagues... so of course he repays my faith by have his best game against the Eagles. Seriously though I can tell him and Goff have good chemistry and expect both to benefit very much from each other over the next few years. Expect regular 1k seasons from him.

McVay needs to pound the rock, Gurley is the most talented back in the league. I'm still not sure about the Rams offense, how good it really is (obviously is good, top 10, but is it great?), but that special teams is elite and the defense IMO is better than what stats will show. Certainly a disciplined unit all around, sound tackling and tight offensive execution. I'm still high on the Seahawks (maybe just because they spanked us), but if you guys beat them in Seattle next week you would jump over the Vikes as my NFC favorites. 

It's a bad call. We had just gotten a stop on 3rd and long in a close game between two great teams. You don't throw a flag for a guy yapping. It's a joke of a call. There has to be more than talking for a flag in that situation. This isn't a game where there was a bunch of fighting. It was completely unwarranted to throw a flag in that situation. When you add in all of the other questionable decisions, it reeks of one-sided officiating. I think all of us NFL fans are tired of the refs inserting themselves into games. They need to check their ego and stay out of the way.

At the end of the day, though, we still cost ourselves the game with that fumble. But yea, I'm not happy about the officiating. They did not call it anywhere close to down the middle. And that needs to happen with two great teams.

Regarding Trumaine any ref worth a damn would have seen both guys were doing it and it was instigated by Jeffery and let it go or at worst call off setting. That was just one of many many bad officiating moves today though. I'm pretty sure your interior linemen still have their hands on Donald's jersey and one guy has his arm still wrapped around his neck, which is an accomplishment with him being on a flight back to Philly. There were so many bad calls going on it was sad. Call it bad both ways and that's tolerable. The way this went down is a sour pill to take.

20 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Regarding Trumaine any ref worth a damn would have seen both guys were doing it and it was instigated by Jeffery and let it go or at worst call off setting. That was just one of many many bad officiating moves today though. I'm pretty sure your interior linemen still have their hands on Donald's jersey and one guy has his arm still wrapped around his neck, which is an accomplishment with him being on a flight back to Philly. There were so many bad calls going on it was sad. Call it bad both ways and that's tolerable. The way this went down is a sour pill to take.

It's infuriating that this crap goes down at home for us. Why are we getting the vast majority of 50/50 calls going against us in a HOME game? That's a joke. I added that crew to my list. I pray to god we don't get those turds again in the playoffs (assuming we make it).

Archived