Week 14 - Rams vs Eagles

RamRod

I'm saddened by the loss.. But it's a thing Sean has to get better at.. He's a lil Mike Martz.. He's trigger happy.. 

It cost us the game.. We had the lead run the ball.. But alas we aren't even suppose to be this good.. 

Sucks Wentz got hurt.. I hate philly but not like this.. You don't ever want to see anyone get injured.

Specially after years of suckage.. I'm so sorry.. But love me some @BLick12 , @Remixxxxxxxand @RandyMossIsBoss

hope he recovers quick and comes back stronger.. That dude is a ox fused with a bull.. So strong. GG guys.. 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

I'm saddened by the loss.. But it's a thing Sean has to get better at.. He's a lil Mike Martz.. He's trigger happy.. 

It cost us the game.. We had the lead run the ball.. But alas we aren't even suppose to be this good.. 

Sucks Wentz got hurt.. I hate philly but not like this.. You don't ever want to see anyone get injured.

Specially after years of suckage.. I'm so sorry.. But love me some @BLick12 , @Remixxxxxxxand @RandyMossIsBoss

hope he recovers quick and comes back stronger.. That dude is a ox fused with a bull.. So strong. GG guys.. 

If I remember Gruden (Jon... the real Gruden) early on as a HC, he made a number of similar mistakes.  Honestly, you'd generally rather have your coach be too aggressive versus too conservative, because the former is considerably easier to temper.

All that said, this was kind of worst case scenario for me given that we lost and my fantasy team (1 win shy of guaranteeing me a minimum of a $1k payout) lost Wentz for the remainder of the fantasy playoffs.

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

Appreciate ya, Rammy - best of the luck the rest of the way!

What an amazing game that was ruined by injuries and questionable calls. We lost a lot of key players, but fortunately (I think) Webster is the only serious one. Hopefully Whit, Tru, and the rest of them are ready for Seattle.

That joke of an unsportsmanlike conduct call and the phantom leverage one killed us. The leverage one took a good amount of time off the clock that shouldn't have happened, and as a ref, you CANNOT throw that flag on Tru after a 3rd down stop. It's football. That drastically affected the momentum of the game.

That being said, after all of that, we were in a position to win. Mcvay got too pass happy and Long made a hell of a play, but I'm confident he'll fix it. Hope Wentz is ok because man is he fun to watch. Can't wait until the next Goff-Wentz matchup.

And the fans in LA are horrible. How do we let the Eagles take over the stadium? It sounded like a road game.

Jesus where to start on this one....

...Welp we didn't get ONE holding call the entire first half. It was infuriating. Tru's PI against Alshon was a joke considering it was under thrown and Tru was looking back playing the ball.  The call on Tru in the 2nd half I think changed the game just as much as Goff's fumble did. Big 3rd down stop and huge momentum swing and that call that garbage. I saw a tweet that this officiating crew has done 3 Rams games this year and we are 0-3 in those games. If that's true, it needs to be looked at immediately and I pray we don't get that crew for the playoffs.

The Rams fans getting out cheered in their own stadium is an embarrassment. If that's how you act when you have a playoff team then Jrry is right, you don't deserve a team. And I have also met some great LA Rams fans when i was out there, but I could audibly hear the Eagles fans at home on my TV. Disgusting.

To criticize the Rams play would be the obvious "GIVE GURLEY THE DAMN BALL". Should have had over 200 all purpose yards yesterday.

Sad to see what happened to Wentz, but you have to protect yourself at this level. Lesson learned for him hopefully. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but Eagles losing an MVP candidate means they are not much to worry about in the playoffs. More scared of GB and Carolina/ATL to be honest.

Hell of a game to watch even though the penalties were just atrocious. I still feel the Rams are the better team in all 3 phases.

We just gotta forget about this loss. We went toe to toe with them, they won it happens. Our true playoff game Is this week. 14 years of sucking could end. Or we could slip and lose the division. And wouldn’t you know it’s seattle... 

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Jesus where to start on this one....

...Welp we didn't get ONE holding call the entire first half. It was infuriating. Tru's PI against Alshon was a joke considering it was under thrown and Tru was looking back playing the ball.  The call on Tru in the 2nd half I think changed the game just as much as Goff's fumble did. Big 3rd down stop and huge momentum swing and that call that garbage. I saw a tweet that this officiating crew has done 3 Rams games this year and we are 0-3 in those games. If that's true, it needs to be looked at immediately and I pray we don't get that crew for the playoffs.

The Rams fans getting out cheered in their own stadium is an embarrassment. If that's how you act when you have a playoff team then Jrry is right, you don't deserve a team. And I have also met some great LA Rams fans when i was out there, but I could audibly hear the Eagles fans at home on my TV. Disgusting.

To criticize the Rams play would be the obvious "GIVE GURLEY THE DAMN BALL". Should have had over 200 all purpose yards yesterday.

Sad to see what happened to Wentz, but you have to protect yourself at this level. Lesson learned for him hopefully. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but Eagles losing an MVP candidate means they are not much to worry about in the playoffs. More scared of GB and Carolina/ATL to be honest.

Hell of a game to watch even though the penalties were just atrocious. I still feel the Rams are the better team in all 3 phases.

I'm still furious. That game made me more angry than Seattle. We played like garbage against Seattle and deserved to lose. We played well against Philly on a day where they also played well. I think we played well enough to win, but bad calls by the refs and a dumb decision by McVay ended up costing us the W.

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

And the fans in LA are horrible. How do we let the Eagles take over the stadium? It sounded like a road game.

I was there yesterday. Fox had to send out a casting call to get Rams fans to the game. I live in LA, and that's sad. 

And let me say, some of these "Rams fans" got extra rowdy out there. Kind of messed up because the security was instantly blaming Eagles fans right away on every occasion. You guys on here seem much cooler than a lot of the people at the game, for sure. The Eagles fans had the numbers and noise, but Rams fans were extra aggressive for some reason yesterday. 

Good game overall, minus the epic injury. Our teams should be set for good match-ups for the foreseeable future, seeing as Wentz makes a full recovery of course. TG is that dude, such a monster. 

3 hours ago, 808 said:

I was there yesterday. Fox had to send out a casting call to get Rams fans to the game. I live in LA, and that's sad. 

And let me say, some of these "Rams fans" got extra rowdy out there. Kind of messed up because the security was instantly blaming Eagles fans right away on every occasion. You guys on here seem much cooler than a lot of the people at the game, for sure. The Eagles fans had the numbers and noise, but Rams fans were extra aggressive for some reason yesterday. 

Good game overall, minus the epic injury. Our teams should be set for good match-ups for the foreseeable future, seeing as Wentz makes a full recovery of course. TG is that dude, such a monster. 

Might have been because they felt outnumbered which is horrible. But I know nothing about LA so I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they were really chanting ACL and cheering at Wentz, then they suck and need to grow up, because that is REALLY uncalled for. But as we've said, every fan base out there has bad eggs. Trust me, I've gotten a lot of crap after yesterday's game from Eagles fans who I can't even have a discussion with without them resulting to insults and attacks when I ask them about a certain play. And I also have friends that are Eagles fans who know football and are decent people. Every team has the bad ones, but unfortunately you only hear about those people which can result in a team's entire fanbase getting a bad image. Just have to take it one individual at a time instead of lumping all fans of one team under certain categories. 

Definitely a great game minus the injury and a few questionable calls. Before that, it was looking like the game of the year. Hopefully Wentz comes back just as hot next year, but learns to take a little less punishment, because he can truly be something special. This game was just the beginning of a long, beautiful, frustrating rivalry. 

Archived