2023 College Football Thread

Norm

35 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

ACC should focus on maintaining its historical dominance in basketball. 

They are not equals. The best players on ACC squads would often be buried on SEC rosters. 

They are better than the Big 10. Clemson has won the title twice since the playoffs began, Ohio State once. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's probably fair in a way but depth is a thing too.

Ohio State very good consistently. Michigan good lately, but they are getting trounced by Alabama. Penn State, good lately not great. The rest are average (Iowa, Wisconsin) then down right ****ty the rest of the league. 

Now, when you add in Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA it's a different story. Most of the Big Ten gets destroyed by decent teams out of conference. 

Top to bottom, year in and year out, the ACC would smoke the Big 10. The vast majority of Big Ten schools are stuck in the '90s offensively. Outside of Ohio State there have been very few really good quarterbacks. 

The Big Ten is the most overrated conference in college football. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The funny thing about the CFP committee pulling the okey-doke and putting Alabama in over undefeated FSU is that if you look at all the composite metrics Alabama isn't actually the #4 team (and neither is FSU)- it's Ohio State.

If you watched Ohio State's quarterback play, you know they are not one of the 4 best teams. They did have a defense this year. Their quarterback was so bad, Ryan Day told him to hit the portal because they were bringing in somebody to replace him. 

If Notre Dame could count to 11 they would have beaten Ohio State and Notre Dame sucks. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They are better than the Big 10. Clemson has won the title twice since the playoffs began, Ohio State once. 

I mean this in the nicest way possible. This is so incredibly stupid and disingenuous. I know you don't actually believe this or think that makes any sense at all. You're way too invested in being wrong on all of this. You can't possibly care enough about this to care this much about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

The SOS across CFB is massively different. All wins aren't equal. You know this. Beating Alabama isn't the same as Alabama AM which is why records aren't the end all...

Yes, of course, I'm not arguing against this.

That this exists at all is a major reason why it's all so dumb

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible. This is so incredibly stupid and disingenuous. I know you don't actually believe this or think that makes any sense at all. You're way too invested in being wrong on all of this. You can't possibly care enough about this to care this much about it. 

Hate Alabama mostly. 

I know you live in Big Ten Country, so do I. The ACC is better, it's just a fact. 

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, of course, I'm not arguing against this.

That this exists at all is a major reason why it's all so dumb

But teams wanna be in FBS where the money is at over FCS titles. I don't think there's an answer to this that teams will go for. Extend the playoff and I guess that's it. CFB isn't amateur anymore and I get that but it's not pure pro sports either. Maybe I'm too glass half full on it at all, but it allows me to enjoy it.