2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I haven't watched a lot of him, but I don't think so in the moments I've seen. 

13 hours ago, 615finest said:

Is Brock Bowers considered a generational at TE? And if so, if he is sitting there when we pick how do we pass him up especially with how much we use TEs

Generational gets thrown around loosely these days but Bowers is elite. Dominated the SEC from the moment he stepped on the field as a freshman. Not the freak athlete Pitts is but is a high level athlete himself. Also is a much better blocker than Pitts even though some might see him as undersized. He battled an ankle injury this season, that hampered him the 2nd half of the season. With the pace he was on prior to the injury, he probably would’ve been a Heisman finalist which is unheard of for a tight end.

I say all this to say I’d have to think long and hard about picking him if we’re in the 7-10 range. At worse, I feel you could use him as jumbo Kyle Phillips his rookie year.

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

Bowers is really good. I wouldn't hate adding him. That said, the drop from him to just a mid round Iowa TE (for example lol) is not as far as Marvin Harrison Jr. or Nabers to a mid round WR IMO

I think it may be equal. For example, let’s use our very own Josh Whyle as the random mid round TE. I like Whyle but Bowers is in a whole different ball park.

I honestly even think Bowers in the place of Chig this past season would’ve made a big difference for us.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Bowl games have lost all their appeal to me. I don't have a college team. And everyone that is remotely draftable sits out. 

My guy, at least two top ranked prospects played today. Adisa Isaac is a likely first rounder, and Sedrick Van Pran also played.

Then there are guys that are likely drafted before today that had huge games, like you can’t tell me Caden Prieskorn was on anyone’s radar before today, or that he’s going undrafted after.

And that’s not even getting into all the high draft picks that played in the Ohio St-Mizzou game, or any of the other earlier bowls.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

My guy, at least two top ranked prospects played today. Adisa Isaac is a likely first rounder, and Sedrick Van Pran also played.

Then there are guys that are likely drafted before today that had huge games, like you can’t tell me Caden Prieskorn was on anyone’s radar before today, or that he’s going undrafted after.

And that’s not even getting into all the high draft picks that played in the Ohio St-Mizzou game, or any of the other earlier bowls.

Again not a huge college football fan. I wouldn't care about it really if they were potential Titans. 

I don't dive into the deep draft until at least senior bowl. 

And the guys I know didn't play. 

Edited by KingTitan

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Again not a huge college football fan. I wouldn't care about it really if they were potential Titans. 

I don't dive into the deep draft until at least senior bowl. 

And the guys I know didn't play. 

I'm hoping the playoffs fix that somewhat. I don't think as many will drop out if they are in the playoffs but for the lesser bowl games you will still have it. It definitely does affect the product. I'm just trying to take all the football in before it goes away in a month lol 😔

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I'm hoping the playoffs fix that somewhat. I don't think as many will drop out if they are in the playoffs but for the lesser bowl games you will still have it. It definitely does affect the product. I'm just trying to take all the football in before it goes away in a month lol 😔

Yeah I used to love watching the lower bowl games and seeing them talk about the prospects and seeing those guys stand out. 

I remember watching Florida A&M. And this LB named Earl Holmes was everywhere. Ended up being drafted by the Steelers had a nice career. 

I might be nostalgic but I miss that. 

But yeah hopefully the playoffs adde more meaningful games opposed to glorified spring practices for next year players. 

• Like 1