2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, CD was a decent receiver, and I would love to have prime CD on our roster now.

But I am not choosing CD when Lewan is on the board.

Me neither, 1 thing about it Lewan didn’t become injury prone till he got pop for peds, Davis was injury prone from the start 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, CD was a decent receiver, and I would love to have prime CD on our roster now.

But I am not choosing CD when Lewan is on the board.

obviously the draft is a crapshoot and odunze could turn out to be a monster. but the difference to me is, when i look at the WRs available in the second round, i am much more confident that i can get someone who comes close to odunze’s level than to nabers or MHJ. so at that point, just take whoever’s left between alt and fashanu. alt is the surer thing, but you give either of those guys to callahan and there’s a good chance you’re looking at a franchise LT.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm irrationally high on Brian Thomas Jr. and wouldn't be surprise if 3-5 years from now he's the best WR from this class.

I don’t know if that’s super irrational. There’s no clear consensus, but he seems to be the most common WR4.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Well, that's certainly interesting.

I wouldn’t be mad if we picked him honestly.. We need playmakers and he’s been a playmaker his whole career at UGA since day 1.  Chig and Bowers we be an interesting duo for sure but I’m still on the WR at 7 train

man i just don't know how i feel about picking bowers. like sure if he's a bona fide kelce or kittle level talent that's hard to pass up, but it's just so hard to project TEs to the league. kelce and kittle went in the 3rd and 5th rounds respectively, the two best TEs in titans history were both 6th round picks, and we're talking about taking a guy 7 overall.

though, honestly, i think with harbaugh bowers is now in play at 5 for chargers, so it could be out of our hands anyway.

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man i just don't know how i feel about picking bowers. like sure if he's a bona fide kelce or kittle level talent that's hard to pass up, but it's just so hard to project TEs to the league. kelce and kittle went in the 3rd and 5th rounds respectively, the two best TEs in titans history were both 6th round picks, and we're talking about taking a guy 7 overall.

though, honestly, i think with harbaugh bowers is now in play at 5 for chargers, so it could be out of our hands anyway.

Have to trade down to take Bowers. Unless he runs like a 4.3 and proves to be some super athlete along with his football play and be injury free, I can see taking him top 10 over the OTs and WRs. 

On 2/7/2024 at 7:36 PM, TitanSlim said:

Well, that's certainly interesting.

Didn't work out great when Ramsey came out with it, but who knows. Don't think he's generational and I would have a hard time calling anyone a generational prospect at the TE position. Pitts might've been the only true 'generational' TE prospect, but mostly because he was kind of much more than a typical TE.

But he's solid, and I would not cry too much about it if we do end up picking him, be that at 7 or after a trade down.

if odunze runs a 4.34 it will be the least-translated-to-the-field 40 yard dash of all time lol. he plays like he runs a 4.5. perfectly fine speed, but nothing special. troy franklin is said to run a 4.35 and watching his on-field speed vs odunze's is night and day (not comparing them as overall prospects, just speed)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if odunze runs a 4.34 it will be the least-translated-to-the-field 40 yard dash of all time lol. he plays like he runs a 4.5. perfectly fine speed, but nothing special. troy franklin is said to run a 4.35 and watching his on-field speed vs odunze's is night and day (not comparing them as overall prospects, just speed)

I’ll give you 1, you’ll be shocked but Julio Jones. When Julio came out none of the mock draft experts had him running 4.3 they all had him low 4.4 sub 4.5, but to his credit Alabama was a run 1st program Saban wasn’t trying to push the ball down field with with Greg McElroy. They a stable of backs