2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

3 hours ago, lovetitans said:

Yes. He played well as a rookie, he played decent last year and I've seen and believe him leaving is due to conflict with coaching more than true talent. He would be an upgrade at RT just based on his tape there last year. And with our Line coach his potential is pretty good considering his prior play. 

Oh if that's the case then could be a good signing. I'll have to do some more research on him and figure out what went wrong.

In general starting level tackles don't hit free agency so I'm still pro address tackle in the draft but could use more OL help

13 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I'm starting to wonder if we don't go OT with our 1st and 2nd. I think we should still go WR with one of them but potentially locking down both positions could be tempting

It would be, but I'd hate to wait til the 4th to take a WR in this class.  That second round spot could give us some really, really good players.  Coleman, Franklin, Legette, and McConkey could be contributors for years, and we'll be needing to replace Hopkins next season anyway.

I think we can scrounge together a starting tackle from the guys we have.  Will they be good?  Almost certainly not.  But we might be able to get someone playing on the low end of average.  And if we're only struggling at one spot on the OL, that's pretty good.

Alt/Fashanu-Skoronski-Cushenberry-Brunskill-Dillard/NPF/Duncan/Radunz could work.  Radunz didn't look awful on the right side at the end of the year last year, and Duncan is still super young and will have better coaching.  NPF had stretches of being a solid starter there before.  I'd take that gamble.

That said, with Hopkins/Ridley/NWI on the roster (plus whatever outside hope there is of some level of contribution from Burks or Phillips), I wouldn't hate the idea of a non-WR at 38, if there's a fantastic player there.  Like, say Kris Jenkins or Darius Robinson falls out of the first, or maybe one of the CBs.

• Like 1

Now that we've signed Ridley. I'm good to pass on WR all together. It's slid down my priority list a peg or two. Fixing the tackles, adding athleticism at corner, adding youth at safety, or adding another legit playmaker to the front seven are more pressing to me than adding another rookie WR. 

We need blue chip players at other positions and the rookie WR pool will be deep again next year

38 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Now that we've signed Ridley. I'm good to pass on WR all together. It's slid down my priority list a peg or two. Fixing the tackles, adding athleticism at corner, adding youth at safety, or adding another legit playmaker to the front seven are more pressing to me than adding another rookie WR. 

We need blue chip players at other positions and the rookie WR pool will be deep again next year

Speaking for myself, I still believe we need another WR. I don’t think we can afford to go into another season relying on Burks and Phillips having significant roles. Now if they do end playing a big role for us and succeeding, that’s fantastic and the absolute best case scenario, but they haven’t proven they can stay healthy or carry that significant role for a full season. Plus if we could get a jumpstart on potentially getting DHop’s replacement, that’ll be even better.

I would feel so much better with our WR group being Ridley-Hopkins-rookie WR-NWI-Burks-Phillips than it being Ridley-Hopkins-NWI-Burks-Phillips.

• Like 2

Yea WR still high on the list. We’re still 1 injury away of being in the same situation we’re always in. Plus this is the last year of Dhop contract and he ain’t getting younger. I rather keep NWI on the roster bubble then expecting big snaps every game.

Rome at 7!!! Dying on that hill lol

If you need depth, grab a WR day three. We don't even have starters at several positions.

You can't deal with Burks and Phillips as 3's and 4's, but you're cool with trey Avery starting at corner or Otis Reese and JAck Gibbons getting run past at linebacker? I'd rather not rely on Elijah Molden to be a full time safety.  Arden Key is only a part time edge rusher. Iknow some of this can be filled in FA, but so can WR depth. This defense NEEDS better players. The secondary NEEDS youth and speed. Football is more than fantasy football, and 7 on 7. 

If you want depth at WR sign tyler Boyd or a veteran. Use the picks to build the line and the defense. 

We can match Ridley with a young WR next year.

I’ve just come to terms with we’re not goin to fill every need this offseason. We have way too many needs. We’re goin to have a weak spot somewhere. They’re trying to figure out if Will is goin to be the guy so offense will be the main focus in my opinion.

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I’ve just come to terms with we’re not goin to fill every need this offseason. We have way too many needs. We’re goin to have a weak spot somewhere. They’re trying to figure out if Will is goin to be the guy so offense will be the main focus in my opinion.

We’re not. Not enough picks or players in FA for that. Might come close to fixing the OL and receiver but DL will take a hit. They had a chance with Reader and Armstead and missed on it. Both OTs are a need but they may feel like Callahan can turn NPF, Duncan, or Radunz into a decent RT. Still need another receiver but they may feel like that they can make something out of Burks or Philips. Still need a LB but we may have to go through another year with Reese/Gibbons starting. Still need a safety, hopefully they sign Simmons. Still need a starting CB. Just so many needs in one offseason, impossible to fix everything.

it definitely hurt to whiff on so many front 7 guys in FA. even one of armstead, baker, reader would have us looking better but none of them? yowch. the defense is gonna be rough this year.

16 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We’re not. Not enough picks or players in FA for that. Might come close to fixing the OL and receiver but DL will take a hit. They had a chance with Reader and Armstead and missed on it. Both OTs are a need but they may feel like Callahan can turn NPF, Duncan, or Radunz into a decent RT. Still need another receiver but they may feel like that they can make something out of Burks or Philips. Still need a LB but we may have to go through another year with Reese/Gibbons starting. Still need a safety, hopefully they sign Simmons. Still need a starting CB. Just so many needs in one offseason, impossible to fix everything.

Might have to take the Chiefs approach and put up a lot of points and hope for a few stops lol. I saw somewhere that Ran prefers to build the defense through FA and offense through the draft. Part of the reason why I think offense will be the main focus for the draft at least for the first 2 picks

Yeah, I still think WR is the big need. I do think that we’re good enough there to not absolutely NEED to take one at 38 though. If a top DL or CB is sitting there, then take them. But WR is definitely what you hope to get at 38.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I still think WR is the big need. I do think that we’re good enough there to not absolutely NEED to take one at 38 though. If a top DL or CB is sitting there, then take them. But WR is definitely what you hope to get at 38.

WR’s is no bigger need than CB, if we go OT in da 1st with no 3rd rd pick you can bet yo a$$ we go CB in the 2nd. We have 0 depth at CB & Owuzie is a solid #2 CB 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

WR’s is no bigger need than CB, if we go OT in da 1st with no 3rd rd pick you can bet yo a$$ we go CB in the 2nd. We have 0 depth at CB & Owuzie is a solid #2 CB 

All offensive needs are bigger than defensive ones this offseason, full stop.

But if there’s a CB on the board that’s way better than the best WR, then I think it will be a fine pick.

• Like 1