2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You’re going to have to elaborate here for me.

Has an illegal carry of gun charge. Lives on instagram live. Has been reported to be high maintenance. I am sure we will be looking into these things. But I want dudes who are gonna be locked in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Has an illegal carry of gun charge. Lives on instagram live. Has been reported to be high maintenance. I am sure we will be looking into these things. But I want dudes who are gonna be locked in.

The gun charge, while not ideal, was dropped. The Instagram stuff is something we’re all going to have to start getting used to with these young guys. Being on social media, painted fingernails, so on and so on. That’s just the new generation. High maintenance thing is something to monitor but it’s also lying/rumor season and the report is pretty vague. 

Look maybe he is a diva and a huge red flag. I just get weary when you hear these things two weeks before the draft when it’s lying season. And the gun charge, IG stuff was things known well in advance. I feel if he truly wasn’t locked in, he’d go the MHJ route and do none of the predraft process stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

The gun charge, while not ideal, was dropped. The Instagram stuff is something we’re all going to have to start getting used to with these young guys. Being on social media, painted fingernails, so on and so on. That’s just the new generation. High maintenance thing is something to monitor but it’s also lying/rumor season and the report is pretty vague. 

Look maybe he is a diva and a huge red flag. I just get weary when you hear these things two weeks before the draft when it’s lying season. And the gun charge, IG stuff was things known well in advance. I feel if he truly wasn’t locked in, he’d go the MHJ route and do none of the predraft process stuff.

I agree. I am a bit of an old head, self admittedly. Tbh, it's not my thing but I don't really care if a dude wants to paint his finger nails and be weird, Rodman is one of my favorite athletes of all time. If you ball you ball, that's what is most important.

The gun thing is a little scary to me. I don't necessarily think he is a diva, but there is a few breadcrumbs there. Just hate diva WRs, want to really avoid that. Definitely could be BS.

Ultimately we took a chance on Big Jeff and it paid off, so it can go either way. I just have seen WRs destroy locker rooms and I don't want that.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I agree. I am a bit of an old head, self admittedly. Tbh, it's not my thing but I don't really care if a dude wants to paint his finger nails and be weird, Rodman is one of my favorite athletes of all time. If you ball you ball, that's what is most important.

The gun thing is a little scary to me. I don't necessarily think he is a diva, but there is a few breadcrumbs there. Just hate diva WRs, want to really avoid that. Definitely could be BS.

Ultimately we took a chance on Big Jeff and it paid off, so it can go either way. I just have seen WRs destroy locker rooms and I don't want that.

The question is, is he a young guy (one of the youngest guys in the draft) who made a mistake and maybe a tad bit immature or are there some legit character concerns to monitor. Me personally, it’s nothing too alarming.

If we were to draft him, I think we’ve positioned ourselves to be a positive environment for him. Having Ridley and Hopkins, who are thought of highly by other WRs, as mentors/tutors/vets would be beneficial for him. And Ridley could certainly talk to him about how making the wrong decision could potentially derail your career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If you're gonna be a number 1, you're probably going to have some diva to you. There aren't many Larry Fitzgerald types. Many more TOs, Randy Mosses, AJ Browns, Tyreek Hills, OBJs, etc. 

Seems like it's the only way sometimes. 

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If you're gonna be a number 1, you're probably going to have some diva to you. There aren't many Larry Fitzgerald types. Many more TOs, Randy Mosses, AJ Browns, Tyreek Hills, OBJs, etc. 

I like a little diva in a top receiver.  I feel like most of the top end NFL receivers have some of it in them.  They should think they're the best if they're gonna be out here trying to be the best.

Furthermore times have changed the new generation of WR’s aren’t your act like you been there before Good Samaritan WR’s of yesteryears. Give me a WR that’s a dog, gets open, wants the ball & put points on the ball. I’m cool with him being label a diva just as long he’s not labeled a cancer in the locker room. 

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I don't think being a diva disqualifies you as a legit WR, but there are definitely much more successful WRs that did not behave like one than just Larry Fitzgerald. Green, Jones, Megatron, Hopkins come to mind.

Also, some of them were probably more "dawgs" than divas. Self-centered, but not in a harmful way to the team and locker room.