2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

The secondary has to get fixed big time. Fulton should be gone. Farley is Farley at this point. Not ever relying on that guy to be worth a damn. I could see Byard gone one way or the other. Resign SMB. That look leaves us with SMB, McCreary, and Molden. Maybe Molden can make that transition to safety. I know they’ve been using him as the 3rd safety at times this year. CB should be hit hard this coming season. CB isn’t exactly strong FA but Sneed would definitely be my favorite. Sign one and draft one. 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The secondary has to get fixed big time. Fulton should be gone. Farley is Farley at this point. Not ever relying on that guy to be worth a damn. I could see Byard gone one way or the other. Resign SMB. That look leaves us with SMB, McCreary, and Molden. Maybe Molden can make that transition to safety. I know they’ve been using him as the 3rd safety at times this year. CB should be hit hard this coming season. CB isn’t exactly strong FA but Sneed would definitely be my favorite. Sign one and draft one. 

You think molden can play safety better than Byard or you simply saying clear cap space cause we gone have bout 90 mill which serves no purpose to cut him, but resign SMB. You now added another hole at safety & now have to waste draft capital on 1 

50 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You think molden can play safety better than Byard or you simply saying clear cap space cause we gone have bout 90 mill which serves no purpose to cut him, but resign SMB. You now added another hole at safety & now have to waste draft capital on 1 

You can get someone cheaper and have the same impact.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Because he’s not worth what he’s making. Name one play he’s made this year? Cutting him saves about 6 mil. Free agency is actually pretty strong for safety next year with Dugger, Winfield Jr., McKinney, etc.

• Like 1

😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨 right makes perfect sense go sign another safety in FA move molden a guy with no speed no range to a full time starter. We have corner issue not safety, now if you talking full rebuild & want to trade him for draft capital cool, but cut him & waste money on another Safety is genius. I can see your Twitter rants now we paid Winfield 30 mill & the guy haven’t made a play yet. Kevin Byard allowed 2 catches yesterday for 15 yards. It doesn’t matter if you have edd Reed at Safety if you’re playing Quarters defense which means you’re taking your safety away bracketing the middle of the field playing a shell, a cloud. Taking away the middle of the field. Everyone loves to scream cut Byard when we have mediocre CB’s but the 2nd we get quality corner play he magically returns to form. Seen it before next let’s hire Jim Schwartz hell turn this defense around 

59 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Because he’s not worth what he’s making. Name one play he’s made this year? Cutting him saves about 6 mil. Free agency is actually pretty strong for safety next year with Dugger, Winfield Jr., McKinney, etc.

You don’t fix your corner position doesn’t matter what you have a Safety sal you don’t have to listen to me. How’s Derwin James doing last I check he was the best safety in football I don’t think he’s been making any plays with that secondary the chargers have. How bout Eddie Jackson for the bears how’s he been playing 1 of the highest paid safety’s. 
I keep telling y’all the secondary is like a puzzle bad corners mean Safety’s have to cover more ground & play more help takes em away from making plays. You don’t have corners your Safety’s obsolete 🥱.  I don’t know what I’m talking bout though all the top safety’s are looking bad not making plays 

Edited by TitanRedd

It’s like how the bulls were so good defensively during MJ’s era that Jordan could cheat on defense & play the passing lanes & gamble for steals. The Safety is the QB if the defense that’s why who aren’t mobile & you don’t have to account for their legs a good safety cheats, what they say not playing honest when a safety has good corners around him, he can cheat, he can roam he can play robber, he can gamble. It’s crazy all the top Safety’s playing for teams with bad corners & all the sudden not making plays this yr. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I thought Molden was gonna be an all pro level nickel. I was so excited to draft him based off his college games. 

Right a poor man’s honey badger. He’s not athletic he won at the college level because the hashes are smaller guys aren’t skilled & as fast 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨It doesn’t matter if you have edd Reed at Safety if you’re playing Quarters defense which means you’re taking your safety away bracketing the middle of the field playing a shell, a cloud. Taking away the middle of the field.

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You don’t fix your corner position doesn’t matter what you have a Safety sal you don’t have to listen to me.

This...is exactly the point we are making? Why pay safeties so much money if it literally doesn't matter since the CBs are so bad? You're just stating our point for us.

Use the money we'd save by getting rid of Byard to build up positions that make actual impacts on the field.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This...is exactly the point we are making? Why pay safeties so much money if it literally doesn't matter since the CBs are so bad? You're just stating our point for us.

Use the money we'd save by getting rid of Byard to build up positions that make actual impacts on the field.

He literally said spend money on the safety FA class next offseason. That’s dumb like I said if you talking about trading him for draft capital I get it but sal said cut him. & sign Winfield. You not going to get no type of safety production with bad corners. But y’all so right. I literally just name every elite safety that’s not making plays because their team has horrible secondary play 

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

& you still wrong the Safety position is far more valuable than CB in todays NFL for the simple fact you can have a shut down corner all you have to do is don’t throw on his side. Or if you have a CB that’s good but don’t travel guess what a good OC going to do, move him around in the slot or in bunch sets to get him free releases. A safety can’t be taken out of the play unless you run the ball or if you like us playing so much damn zone & bracket coverage because your corners suck. Okay only good your CB is if he’s a Marcus peters, Richard Sherman, Asante Samuel, Treyvon Diggs a CB that’s not a shut down CB that will jump routes & get picks. 

Edited by TitanRedd

50 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

& you still wrong the Safety position is far more valuable than CB in todays NFL for the simple fact you can have a shut down corner all you have to do is don’t throw on his side. Or if you have a CB that’s good but don’t travel guess what a good OC going to do, move him around in the slot or in bunch sets to get him free releases. A safety can’t be taken out of the play unless you run the ball or if you like us playing so much damn zone & bracket coverage because your corners suck. Okay only good your CB is if he’s a Marcus peters, Richard Sherman, Asante Samuel, Treyvon Diggs a CB that’s not a shut down CB that will jump routes & get picks. 

I guess that's why CBs are so much higher paid than safeties, because they aren't as important.