2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess that's why CBs are so much higher paid than safeties, because they aren't as important.

Says who you might want to do your research you have some top corners that get paid big money but you have more safety’s getting paid than CB’s that’s a fact. You have 8 CB’s make over 14 mill in the NFL on avg you have 9 safeties make over 14 mill on avg & you still miss my point you can phase a CB out simply not throwing on him. Peyton manning & Tom Brady could stay away from Revis but couldn’t stay away from Ed reed or Troy Pollamulu but I don’t know what I’m talking about it just sounds good talking out my a** you know like I know a lil. That’s very few CB’s travel play both sides or can play in the slot, all you have to do is move your WR’s to the other side. You need solid Corners more so than lockdown Corners. See the chiefs with Tyran Matthieu, ravens Ed reed, Steelers Troy pollamulu, Sherman wasn’t a shut down CB he didn’t travel they played cover 3 & they had 2 all pro safety’s. How many CB’s NE changed Talib, Revis, Gilmore bit Devin McCourty never left 🤔. Who remember the colts with Bob Sanders. 

Edited by TitanRedd

18 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Says who you might want to do your research you have some top corners that get paid big money but you have more safety’s getting paid than CB’s that’s a fact. You have 8 CB’s make over 14 mill in the NFL on avg you have 9 safeties make over 14 mill on avg & you still miss my point you can phase a CB out simply not throwing on him. Peyton manning & Tom Brady could stay away from Revis but couldn’t stay away from Ed reed or Troy Pollamulu but I don’t know what I’m talking about it just sounds good talking out my a** you know like I know a lil. That’s very few CB’s travel play both sides or can play in the slot, all you have to do is move your WR’s to the other side. You need solid Corners more so than lockdown Corners. See the chiefs with Tyran Matthieu, ravens Ed reed, Steelers Troy pollamulu, Sherman wasn’t a shut down CB he didn’t travel they played cover 3 & they had 2 all pro safety’s. How many CB’s NE changed Talib, Revis, Gilmore bit Devin McCourty never left 🤔. Who remember the colts with Bob Sanders. 

Of the top 10 highest paid secondary players based on AAV, 7 are CBs. The top 5 are all CBs. $14 million is such a weird cutoff, but you're wrong anyways. 11 CBs make at least $14 million, not 8. Let's go with at least $10 million, how about that? 21 CBs, 14 safeties. How about more than $7 million? 32 CBs, 20 safeties.

I'm not missing your point; you're just not reading the facts because they don't agree with your stance.

I'm not going to engage with the rest of this. You're so arrogant that I can barely stand it. You know your stuff, but you just ramble and ramble and I don't feel like translating it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Of the top 10 highest paid secondary players based on AAV, 7 are CBs. The top 5 are all CBs. $14 million is such a weird cutoff, but you're wrong anyways. 11 CBs make at least $14 million, not 8. Let's go with at least $10 million, how about that? 21 CBs, 14 safeties. How about more than $7 million? 32 CBs, 20 safeties.

I'm not missing your point; you're just not reading the facts because they don't agree with your stance.

I'm not going to engage with the rest of this. You're so arrogant that I can barely stand it. You know your stuff, but you just ramble and ramble and I don't feel like translating it.

I read the facts he said cut Byard & use that money to go back into the safety market, that’s dumb that’s why I said trade him for draft capital I’ll get that, but to cut him & sign another safety is retarded because safety isn’t the issue it’s CB. All I ask was what sense does that make. He said Byard isn’t making any plays, well no sh!t neither any of the other top paid safety’s playing next to mediocre CB’s. I’m not arrogant cause I want everyone to agree I’m saying this the same sh!t every time we have piss poor CB play it’s cut Byard he’s not making any plays, he fell off, but the 2nd we have solid CB play what happens 🤔

9 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I read the facts he said cut Byard & use that money to go back into the safety market, that’s dumb that’s why I said trade him for draft capital I’ll get that, but to cut him & sign another safety is retarded because safety isn’t the issue it’s CB. All I ask was what sense does that make. He said Byard isn’t making any plays, well no sh!t neither any of the other top paid safety’s playing next to mediocre CB’s. I’m not arrogant cause I want everyone to agree I’m saying this the same sh!t every time we have piss poor CB play it’s cut Byard he’s not making any plays, he fell off, but the 2nd we have solid CB play what happens 🤔

Let's ignore what the poster not involved in this conversation said. I said cut Byard and sign someone cheaper, since safeties have no impact on the game with bad CB play apparently (your words, and you somehow argue they're more important than CBs). What's the point in paying a safety if they are irrelevant without decent CB play? Get someone cheaper and use that money to, I don't know, pay a CB! Just off the top of my head, since you yourself have said CB play is more important than safety play.

You're arrogant on the way you talk and you always pat yourself on the back when you're right. You literally bumped an 18 month old thread because Christian Watson is kind of good.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Let's ignore what the poster not involved in this conversation said. I said cut Byard and sign someone cheaper, since safeties have no impact on the game with bad CB play apparently (your words, and you somehow argue they're more important than CBs). What's the point in paying a safety if they are irrelevant without decent CB play? Get someone cheaper and use that money to, I don't know, pay a CB! Just off the top of my head, since you yourself have said CB play is more important than safety play.

You're arrogant on the way you talk and you always pat yourself on the back when you're right. You literally bumped an 18 month old thread because Christian Watson is kind of good.

CB play is important far as you need solid CB’s not shut down corners that’s what I’m trying to articulate solid Corner play with great Safety play is far better than having a shut down corner & mediocre safety play is the point I’m trying to make, for the simple fact you can take a hood CB out the game simply avoiding him at all cost. Yes I am petty like that, I will bump a 2 yr thread a yesterday thread, simply because I’m pretty much kinda like the black sheep on this forum. I been called far worse than arrogant to clown, yo I don’t know what I’m talking bout, & when I’m right they don’t come back & say nothing. But when I was giving my opinion they bash me. 😮‍💨🤣 it’s just me being petty. You think Watson kind of good boyyyy the only thing holding him back to becoming elite is QB play. He has all the tools 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

We're gonna have a ton of cap space in 24 already.  I don't know if cutting Byard does that much for us when he's a free agent in 25 IIRC anyway, and we aren't competing no matter how much additional cap space we shave off.

That was my point I was trying to make, no point I’m cutting him trading him for draft capital cool we have very little, but cutting him wasting money to sign another safety is dumb. Just go in & spend money on corners 

Just came to post the same thing about Nix and Penix...which means they will probably be All pro's!! I don't think they are bad, or have no chance to be good, just don't look like NFL caliber QB's. I have trouble with lefties period, just looks odd leaving their hand or something. 

I am a Michigan fan, and I am sure I will be proven wrong but JJ McCarthy is an NFL QB. He needs to mature as a passer, but his placement is high end. He make legit NFL tight window throws, back shoulder throws every week. He has good mobility to almost really good. Biggest flaws in my opinion are...he has a great line so sometimes he holds the ball a little long on occasion, and he tends to make the more sure thing play vs challenging the defense downfield. I don't mind that against the competition we have faced so far...but will have to do more vs PSU and OSU...like he did last season. 

Please don't hit me with the "he's trash" thing because he's not...I may be inflated because I am a MU fan but he is a legit NFL starting QB. I would say I see a lot of Joe Burrow in him, he just doesn't play on a team that will ever throw enough to put up the great numbers. Ok I put it out there...so I guess I am on the record now. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Not that impressive physically and will be 24.

penix is teddy bridgewater but even slower. he’s a gifted passer but his arm is just okay and he can’t operate outside the pocket at all. he also to me seems to have a weird take-back on his throwing motion that slows it down some. but yeah add in age and his injury history and i don’t see it at all.

nix i like a little bit better but the thing is he basically seems like what would happen if you put will levis on a team packed with nfl talent and a good offensive scheme lol. big arm, hot-and-cold accuracy, penchant for risky throws are all there, it just all looks a lot better because he actually has guys getting open and time in the pocket. would make no sense whatsoever for us to draft him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, as prolific as they've been in college i don't like penix or nix at all as nfl prospects lol

See, I still like Nix as an NFL prospect quite a bit.  Not his best game, especially in the first half, but he was still extremely efficient with the ball.  He had three fourth down tries that didn't convert, which is a bad look, but he also did exactly what the team wanted him to do to get them in position to win, so eh.  He's still QB3 in this class for me, but the space between him and Maye got a little wider.  I actively wanted him to be the next Titans QB last year before he came back to school, so last year's tape is still there in my head.

Penix though, no thanks.  He's Hendon Hooker.  Plays in an extremely QB-friendly scheme with a ridiculous group of receivers.  Throwing motion is a little odd as well.  He's one of those guys who's a great college player, but isn't someone I'd want to hitch a franchise to at all.  Especially with his age.

All that said, I don't think I want to take any QB in this class that isn't the top 2 over one of the other players likely available.  Still want to watch more of Jordan Travis and Michael Pratt though.  They could still be up there, but I haven't watched enough of them.

At least this WR class is looking god-tier.  We could grab a difference maker in the third round.