2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

He is already ready lol. Got the finger roll. 

I'm a big believer in Maye. My hesitation is the offense he comes from, but I have faith he can develop. He's got everything you want in a QB except proven capabilities in a more than 2 read offense.

I don’t really watch much CFB. I’ve seen bits and pieces from Williams over the last few years. I totally get why people are excited about him. But nothing about his game screams “generational prospect” like he’s often been called. Nothing at all.

he may still end up great, absolutely. But nothing about him is Andrew Luck-esque in terms of sure thing prospects 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t really watch much CFB. I’ve seen bits and pieces from Williams over the last few years. I totally get why people are excited about him. But nothing about his game screams “generational prospect” like he’s often been called. Nothing at all.

he may still end up great, absolutely. But nothing about him is Andrew Luck-esque in terms of sure thing prospects 

the hype was always insane. he's a really good QB prospect who will go high in the first round, but i genuinely think the overblown hype is entirely because mahomes is the biggest player in football these days, everyone sees the crazy stuff he does, so it's kind of a flavor of the moment thing- when people see williams make plays like that, it immediately becomes "oh he's the next mahomes."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the hype was always insane. he's a really good QB prospect who will go high in the first round, but i genuinely think the overblown hype is entirely because mahomes is the biggest player in football these days, everyone sees the crazy stuff he does, so it's kind of a flavor of the moment thing- when people see williams make plays like that, it immediately becomes "oh he's the next mahomes."

I can’t think of a single player that was ever called “the next (great player)” that ever even sniffed that level, esp when their play styles are so similar 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I can’t think of a single player that was ever called “the next (great player)” that ever even sniffed that level, esp when their play styles are so similar 

I complain about this a lot. There is no “next so and so QB.” There never has been. Elite QBs are pretty unique as players and that’s why there’s so few of them. Seeing any player like that just means you’re looking at the glass half full and are probably about to waste a draft pick on a bad player.

Generally, when any poster claims that whatever prospect is the next whatever, I just assume that they don’t know how to scout.

When GMs do it I know they’re gonna be fired soon.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 7:19 AM, -Hope- said:

If he's able to do things that maybe one or two other players before him have been able to, the hype might not be so overblown. He's not a generational prospect, but it's easy to argue he's a generational talent. From a pure talent standpoint, he's better than maaaaany that have come before him. Does talent always translate into NFL success? Obviously no.