2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

QB situation notwithstanding, every pick next year needs to be OL, CB who can play the goddamn ball, or WR who can actually separate.

I have no idea what next years FA class (or trade options) will be

but that’s a position we need to invest seriously in 

he got a lot of criticism on here but Malcom butler was our last actually good corner. And we paid big $$ for him. Cuz he was actually a good corner 

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I have no idea what next years FA class (or trade options) will be

but that’s a position we need to invest seriously in 

he got a lot of criticism on here but Malcom butler was our last actually good corner. And we paid big $$ for him. Cuz he was actually a good corner 

I almost don't know if it matters what we do, if we don't change our offensive philosophy.  

But not being all gloom and doom, I can say that I wish we took Newsome instead of Farley.  
Butler was an above average corner, but gave us all heartaches at times.

I also think we just can't depend on FA. Proven FA's won't become available. It will be all back ups who flashed like Aziz or Dillard. 

or

Players with maybe 1 or 2 years left in them like Hopkins. 

Probably the wrong time for me to answer or respond after a loss like the Browns. lol

Lack of faith in this team is growing. It sucks too because it's a cool city that will really get behind a winner. The organization as a whole has a lot of cool things media wise that they do. Got a new stadium coming.

Radio caller had a good statement.  We have some good players that play hard. But other teams have great players that play well. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Radio caller had a good statement.  We have some good players that play hard. But other teams have great players that play well. 

whew, this is too real. the lack of talent is just glaring. big jeff is literally the only legit top-tier young talent on our entire roster. byard, autry, hopkins all aging and won't be around much longer. burks, chig, fulton/mccreary not performing as advertised. this is a flat-out bad roster.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

whew, this is too real. the lack of talent is just glaring. big jeff is literally the only legit top-tier young talent on our entire roster. byard, autry, hopkins all aging and won't be around much longer. burks, chig, fulton/mccreary not performing as advertised. this is a flat-out bad roster.

The bold is really the frustrating part.  
They aren't bums (to borrow an often used statement). Maybe Fulton is, but the others have really showed some good things. But have to think on other teams, they would be depended on as role players opposed to cornerstones. 

23 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Really sucks that we don't have a 3rd, 5th or 6th pick this next draft.

We may need to recoup some of that before the deadline.

Feels like we a trending towards a higher pick this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us start trading people after a few more loses this season. Tannehill and sadly Henry being the main two.

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

we're not playing myles garrett every week. we're not a good team but i'll eat my hat if we lose enough to have the #1 pick. not a chance

Only way we have even a remote chance is for injuries to pile up quickly.

Lose Simmons and Autry snd we could maybe get there.

So where do you guys see the biggest needs for the draft?

I think it's 1: Left tackle, 2: Cornerback, 3: Defensive tackle.

We've got free agents at a lot of other spots, but I think re-signing Azeez and Gibbens (assuming he actually keeps playing well) would be easy, and in my mind likely.  But with both Fulton and Bunting hitting free agency and us already being weak there, that's a huge one.  DT we're doing well, but replacing both Teair Tart and Denico Autry would be tough without a premium draft pick.

We need quality depth in lots of other spots, but those three look like the biggest needs to me.  Running back might be up there as well.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So where do you guys see the biggest needs for the draft?

I think it's 1: Left tackle, 2: Cornerback, 3: Defensive tackle.

We've got free agents at a lot of other spots, but I think re-signing Azeez and Gibbens (assuming he actually keeps playing well) would be easy, and in my mind likely.  But with both Fulton and Bunting hitting free agency and us already being weak there, that's a huge one.  DT we're doing well, but replacing both Teair Tart and Denico Autry would be tough without a premium draft pick.

We need quality depth in lots of other spots, but those three look like the biggest needs to me.  Running back might be up there as well.

i'd add receiver somewhere in the mix, perhaps before DT? hopkins is the goods but i think it's an open question whether we bring him back for round 2 and burks has only proven that we can't rely on him in the slightest. NWI and chris moore have shown out well as WR3 type guys but we still don't really want them in prominent roles if we can help it.

but otherwise agree. i will say though- it's still early returns and we'll have to see how the season goes, but if he maintains this level of play i think we should make every effort to re-sign SMB.

Edited by -Hope-

With where things stand right now, I'd do everything I could to try to get a top left tackle in the draft. Fashanu or Alt would be a dream. We have to prioritize fixing that OLine, and after that, I feel like a lot of the other offensive spots will fall into place. Unless we eventually put Skoronski at LT this year and find out he's our LT of the future getting that position handled is priority one. I think we'll go into next year with Malik and Levis battling it out for QB1, and whether either of them is the answer or not, I'd like to have a steady unit up front so that we can give them the best chance to succeed.