Preseason Predictions - 2023 Division Results

SodeeWater_Cheezburger

36 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

The context of your original post was that we're losing a prime Aaron Rodgers.

No it wasn't. 

37 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

It won't take much for Love to match Rodgers performance last year.

It can get much, much worse than what Rodgers did last year. 

38 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

We're one of the youngest teams in the league

That's not necessarily a good thing. 

39 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

This year we're an ascending team

Based on what, exactly? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, malak1 said:

No it wasn't. 

It can get much, much worse than what Rodgers did last year. 

That's not necessarily a good thing. 

Based on what, exactly? 

Rodgers had a QBR of 41.3, good for 26th in the league. Passer rating of 91.1, good for 17th in the league. Love has to be average next year to match Rodgers 2022 performance.

Did you completely ignore my post? Based on the fact that every position group besides safety and QB are better heading into 2023 than 2022 on paper. 

1 minute ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Love has to be average next year to match Rodgers 2022 performance.

Yea, and I'm not willing to grant that there's any reason to believe he will play average ball. 

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

on paper

That's doing a lot of work for you here. 

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Rodgers had a QBR of 41.3, good for 26th in the league. Passer rating of 91.1, good for 17th in the league. Love has to be average next year to match Rodgers 2022 performance.

Did you completely ignore my post? Based on the fact that every position group besides safety and QB are better heading into 2023 than 2022 on paper. 

Don’t even try. He’s a known Packer hater. 

16 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Sorry.  I don't follow the Packers that closely.  I just based the 4th place ranking because (at least right now) Jordan Love is the 4th best QB in the division.  He could end up being great.  You know a lot more about him than I do.  I also just tried to mix things up a bit to get conversation going.  It's boring if someone just makes the same picks as the odds makers in Las Vegas or all the talking heads make. 

In any case, good luck this season!

You're either vastly overrating Justin Fields or vastly undervaluing Jordan Love.  And I'm honestly not sure which one is worse.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're either vastly overrating Justin Fields or vastly undervaluing Jordan Love.  And I'm honestly not sure which one is worse.

As it currently stands, there’s very little reason, arguably none, to think Jordan Love is a better player than Justin Fields.

At this point, he(Love) is the 4th best QB by default.

Edited by malak1
  • Like 1

A lot of people just picking favorites.. the NFL is a new year every year gentlemen. 

AFC East:

1) Miami Dolphins

2) New York Jets

3) Buffalo Bills

4) New England Patriots

Best Division in the NFL. I think Bills slightly regress, but will finish over .500. Dolphins are explosive and if they stay healthy, I feel they have a Top 3 Offense and Top 10 Defense. And once Ramsey comes back in December, it's a Top 5 Defense heading into the playoffs. Extremely balanced team, and the most explosive offense in the league. Maybe not "best" but definitely most explosive, if all healthy. 

AFC North:

1) Cincinnati Bengals

2) Baltimore Ravens

3) Cleveland Browns

4) Pittsburgh Steelers

Super tough between Bengals and Ravens... and none of these four teams are bad. 2nd best division in the NFL IMO.

AFC South:

1) Jacksonville Jaguars

2) Houston Texans

3) Indianapolis Colts

4) Tennessee Titans

(I can easily see 2 through 4 having 6 or less wins though. Texans offense is likely a disaster but I love DeMeco as a coach and should be able to uplift the defense).

AFC West:

1) Kansas City Chiefs

2) Las Vegas Raiders

3) Los Angeles Chargers

4) Denver Broncos

People are overrating Sean Payton way too much, Wilson is washed until proven otherwise. I love the Bronco D but eh. Raiders are a team people always sleep on, two terrific edge rushers, young secondary that is much improved with Marcus Peters and Jakorian Bennett. Jimmy G is capable of getting a lot of wins, and even if he gets injured or sucks (it is Jimmy G afterall), Aidan O Connell looks like a complete 100% Pro Ready High IQ gunslinger. Absolutely under-drafted. 

NFC North: 

1) Detroit Lions

2) Green Bay Packers

3) Minnesota Vikings

4) Chicago Bears

I think the Packers will be better than people think. Packers brought back their former QB coach that helped all of their QB's in the past such as Rodgers, and seems it may have helped Love a lot. Love can make every single throw on the NFL Field, his problem was discipline and playing hero ball. It will be interesting to watch a full season of him. I also really like the Packers D. As for the Vikings, their defense is still one of the worst units in the NFL. They won more one score games than any team in history last year. Always a marker for regression, every single time. With that said, I actually like the NFC North A LOT. A lot of shootouts IMO...

NFC East:

1) Dallas Cowboys

2) Philadelphia Eagles

3) New York Giants

4) Washington Commanders

All of these teams have potential. Hell, if Howell pans out, even the Commanders could easily win that division. I personally like the Cowboys defense more than any defense in the NFL. I also can't imagine Dak being worse than last year. Adding Brandin Cooks is a terrific add for that WR group. Also, letting Pollard eat. 

NFC South: 

1) Carolina Panthers

2) New Orleans Saints

3) Atlanta Falcons

4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Extremely hard division to predict. I think the Panthers and Bryce Young will be low-key very good. I like the defense a lot and Bryce is as pro-ready as it gets. New Orleans or Atlanta can easily win this division too. I don't say Carolina with much confidence. 

NFC West: 

1) Seattle Seahawks

2) San Francisco 49ers

3) Los Angeles Rams

4) Arizona Cardinals

49ers were my pick all season, and could be my pick before the season starts. But I just get bad vibes lately all over the place. The Trey Lance trade leaves a sour taste like that team has zero clue what they are doing, and zero clue how to develop a project-level QB. I honestly think that regime would have ruined Josh Allen. They treat project QB's like any other type of QB from everything I have listened to and watched. Not much "developing" going on. Also the whole Bosa thing... cutting it way too close. What is this Front Office doing? What is Kyle doing? It is all just a BAD VIBE. Would I be surprised if the 49ers go 14-3 and win the Super Bowl? No. Would I be surprised if they go 8-9 because of their management and coaches making some horrendous decisions and creating bad locker room culture? No. 

Seahawks defense is bad, so it's hard to put them at #1. 

Playoff Seeding:

AFC:

1) Kansas City Chiefs

2) Miami Dolphins

3) Cincinatti Bengals

4) Jacksonville Jaguars

5) New York Jets

6) Baltimore Ravens

7) Las Vegas Raiders

NFC: 

1) Dallas Cowboys

2) Detroit Lions

3) Seattle Seahawks

4) Carolina Panthers

5) Philadelphia Eagles

6) San Francisco 49ers

7) Green Bay Packers

Playoffs:

Wildcard:

(2) Miami over (7) LV

(3) Cin over (6) Bal

(5) Jets over (4) Jags

(7) Packers over (2) Lions (first ever 7 seed win)

(6) 49ers over (3) Seahawks

(5) Eagles over (4) Panthers

Divisional:

(2) Dolphins over (3) Cin

(1) KC over (5) Jets

(1) Cowboys over (7) Packers

(6) 49ers over (5) Eagles

Conference Championships:

(2) Dolphins over (1) Chiefs

(1) Cowboys over (6) 49ers (would be ironic if Lance is somehow starting this game)

Super Bowl:

Miami Dolphins over Dallas Cowboys

Dolphins finish with one of the best offenses of the decade, barring health to the offensive players.

MVP:

Winner: Tua (Tua, Hill, Waddle all have insane years)

2. Burrow

3. Mahomes

All finish close in voting. 

Offensive Player of the Year:

WR Ja'Marr Chase (historic season)

Defensive Player of the Year:

EDGE Micah Parsons

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

QB Bryce Young

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

Torn between Will Anderson and Tyree Wilson. But I'll go Will Anderson. 

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How so?

Fields has a ton to prove, but Love has proven next to nothing. Love could certainly end up being better than Fields, but it's silly to act like that will be a guarantee.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

As it currently stands, there’s very little reason, arguably none, to think Jordan Love is a better player than Justin Fields.

At this point, he(Love) is the 4th best QB by default.

Justin Fields was 33rd in ANY/A out of 33 QBs who qualified last year.  He was brutal.  That's a pretty damn low bar to set and you're already ready to say that Love is worse than that.  Interesting.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

How so?

Fields has a ton to prove, but Love has proven next to nothing. Love could certainly end up being better than Fields, but it's silly to act like that will be a guarantee.

Justin Fields has been brutal.  Zach Wilson was slightly worse than Justin Fields, and the Jets ACTIVELY looked to replace him with Aaron Rodgers.  The Bears doubled down on Fields as their franchise QB.  There's absolutely NOTHING to suggest that Fields is anything other than a mediocre QB that doesn't have to do with his draft status.  Maybe Jordan Love will be just as bad as Justin Fields has been.  Fields has proven to be terribad.  Love has proven nothing.  I'd take the guy who hasn't proven anything over the guy who has proven to be awful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Just for the hate, all the fourth place finishers:

NFCS: Bucs

AFCN: Browns

NFCN: Packers

AFCE: Dolphins

NFCE: Commanders

AFCW: Raiders

NFCW: Cards

Looks about right. Except for the Phins. I think they win the division while everyone is focused on the Bills and the Jets. 

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Justin Fields was 33rd in ANY/A out of 33 QBs who qualified last year.  He was brutal.  That's a pretty damn low bar to set and you're already ready to say that Love is worse than that.  Interesting.

It’s not that interesting really. He was bad, but it seems intellectually dishonest to dismiss Fields’ rushing ability when discussing who is the better player. Again, right now, there’s literally zero reasons to think Jordan Love is better than Justin Fields.

In fact, there is probably nothing that Jordan Love has done on the field in his entire life to suggest he’s better than Justin Fields. Literally. It might not be a stretch to say that Justin Fields has been a better QB and football player than Jordan Love has been, literally, every single day of his life, even if you include these past 2 seasons. That can change, but I’m not betting on it.