Preseason Predictions - 2023 Division Results

SodeeWater_Cheezburger

I'm making this thread more to see what everybody else thinks, rather than to prove I know anything.  I threw a few surprise picks in there too, just for the sake of conversation.  Take these for what they are worth, and feel free to tell everyone where you think every team will end up.

AFC EAST
Jets - Great defense, new QB, and Dalvin Cook puts them over the top - IF the O-line holds up.
Bills - Diggs is whining again.  They can say it doesn't matter, but it does.  They still make playoffs.
Dolphins - I have to admit to not knowing much about this team.  They could be better or worse.
Patriots - If you don't have a QB, you need a dominant D.  Pats have the GOAT HC, but QB and D are lacking.

AFC NORTH - (This is a tough division to predict.  I admit I could be WAY off on these teams).
Ravens - Lamar finally got paid.  He's going to prove to everyone he is worth it.
Bengals - Anytime you have Jeaux Cool under center, you should be in the thick of things.
Steelers - Could this be the first sub .500 season in the Mike Tomlin era?  I think it could be.
Browns - I could be wrong on this, but I think it's going to take Watson more time to be good again.

AFC SOUTH
Jaguars - They are the class of the division right now.  Great coach, QB, and lots of emerging talent.
Titans - Veteran QB and King Henry could keep here.  They are a descending team, IMO.  Need to rebuild.
Texans - Rookie QB on a rebuilding team.  They struggle in 2023, but they are going in the right direction.
Colts - I'm a fan of Richardson, but he's very raw, so he's going to take time.  Colts are rebuilding too.

AFC WEST - (Surprise pick for division winner).
Chargers - They pick up the pieces and come back after a heartbreaking exit from the playoffs last year.
Chiefs - Call me crazy, but they can't win every year, can they?  I'm still a HUGE Mahomes fan though.
Raiders - Coolest stadium in the league, but they probably still have some work to do in this division.
Broncos - New head coach is overrated and their veteran QB is washed.  2023 looks like a tough one for Denver.

NFC EAST - (New Division Winner Almost Every Year).
Commanders - Daniel Snyder was a LOSER!  Dumping him energizes the team in 2023.  (Also, Magic J. RULES!)
Eagles - They should be the pick, but this division always seems to change every year.  Still a good team.
Cowboys - Lots of people will have them #1.  Sorry Cowboys fans, but I just don't have any faith in Dak.
Giants - Not a horrible team.  They are just the last ones standing when the music stops.

NFC NORTH
Lions - This is the year Dan Campbell gets his Lions to finally bite off enough kneecaps to win the Norris.
Bears - They have been rebuilding slowly.  Justin Fields progresses and Bears rise to #2 in division.
Vikings - Defense is suspect, and I don't see them coming back from behind so often in 2023. 
Packers - Cheeseheads are hopeful going in, but they learn that life just isn't the same without a HOF QB.

NFC SOUTH
Saints - Derek Carr, & new HC bring fresh air and new life to the Saints in 2023.  Good supporting cast too.
Falcons - I wanted to make them a surprise pick over the Saints, but I just don't think they are quite ready.
Panthers - Most will have them last, but I think their rookie QB could surprise at least some people this year.
Bucaneers - They hitched their wagon to a GOAT and it worked!  Now they're in the process of rebuilding.

NFC WEST
49ers - Great team.  The big question is the QB.  I think they will figure enough out to win the division.
Rams - Stafford still has some left in the tank, and they have Aaron Donald on the other side of the ball.
Seahawks - I could be wrong, but I think Geno Smith comes back down to earth some this year.
Cardinals - Their midget QB looks like Groucho Marx running around out there.  It's going to be an ugly year.

• Like 2

Here’s how I see it:

AFC East:  
1. Bills   
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Patriots

AFC North:    
1. Bengals    
2. Ravens    
3. Steelers   
4. Browns

AFC South:   
1. Jaguars   
2. Titans   
3. Texans   

4. Colts

AFC West:   
1. Chiefs   
2. Chargers   
3. Broncos   
4. Raiders

NFC East:   
1. Eagles   
2. Giants 
3. Cowboys   
4. Commanders

NFC North:   
1. Lions   
2. Vikings   
3. Packers   
4. Bears

NFC South:   
1. Saints   
2. Falcons   
3. Panthers   
4. Buccaneers   

NFC West:   
1. Niners   
2. Seahawks   
3. Rams   
4. Cardinals

Edited by SmittyBacall

AFC South:

Houston Texans: They stumble, a lot, with spots of good play and probably the DROY. 5-12.

Indianapolis Colts: Richardson turns the ball over a lot, but has one or two brilliant games that gives them more wins than they should have. 6-11.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Lawrence takes the next step and shows the latter half of last season wasn’t a fluke. They sweep the division. 11-6.

Tennessee Titans: Henry and Tannehill both decline, but Spears and the defensive line keep them solid and in most games. 8-9.

• Like 3

AFC East:
1. Bills
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Patriots

AFC North:
1. Bengals
2. Ravens
3. Steelers
4. Browns

AFC South:
1. Jaguars
2. Titans
3. Texans
4. Colts

AFC West:
1. Chiefs
2. Broncos
3. Chargers
4. Raiders

NFC East:
1. Eagles
2. Cowboys
3. Giants
4. Commanders

NFC North:
1. Lions
2. Vikings
3. Packers
4. Bears

NFC South:
1. Panthers
2. Falcons
3. Saints
4. Buccaneers

NFC West:
1. 49ers
2. Seahawks
3. Rams
4. Cardinals

AFC East:
1.  New York Jets
2.  Buffalo Bills
3.  New England Patriots
4.  Miami Dolphins (I don't like predicting injuries but I'm truly concerned for Tua and getting repeated concussions)

AFC North:
1.  Cincinnati Bengals
2.  Pittsburgh Steelers
3.  Baltimore Ravens
4.  Cleveland Browns

AFC South:
1.  Jacksonville Jaguars
2.  Tennessee Titans
3.  Houston Texans
4.  Indianapolis Colts

AFC West:
1.  Kansas City Chiefs
2.  San Diego Chargers
3.  Denver Broncos
4.  Las Vegas Raiders

NFC East:
1.  Philadelphia Eagles
2.  New York Giants
3.  Dallas Cowboys
4.  Washington Commanders

NFC North:
1.  Detroit Lions
2.  Green Bay Packers
3.  Chicago Bears
4.  Minnesota Vikings

NFC South:
1.  New Orleans Saints
2.  Atlanta Falcons
3.  Carolina Panthers
4.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West:
1.  San Francisco 49ers
2.  Seattle Seahawks
3.  Los Angeles Rams
4.  Arizona Cardinals

7 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I'm making this thread more to see what everybody else thinks, rather than to prove I know anything.  I threw a few surprise picks in there too, just for the sake of conversation.  Take these for what they are worth, and feel free to tell everyone where you think every team will end up.

AFC EAST
Jets - Great defense, new QB, and Dalvin Cook puts them over the top - IF the O-line holds up.
Bills - Diggs is whining again.  They can say it doesn't matter, but it does.  They still make playoffs.
Dolphins - I have to admit to not knowing much about this team.  They could be better or worse.
Patriots - If you don't have a QB, you need a dominant D.  Pats have the GOAT HC, but QB and D are lacking.

AFC NORTH - (This is a tough division to predict.  I admit I could be WAY off on these teams).
Ravens - Lamar finally got paid.  He's going to prove to everyone he is worth it.
Bengals - Anytime you have Jeaux Cool under center, you should be in the thick of things.
Steelers - Could this be the first sub .500 season in the Mike Tomlin era?  I think it could be.
Browns - I could be wrong on this, but I think it's going to take Watson more time to be good again.

AFC SOUTH
Jaguars - They are the class of the division right now.  Great coach, QB, and lots of emerging talent.
Titans - Veteran QB and King Henry could keep here.  They are a descending team, IMO.  Need to rebuild.
Texans - Rookie QB on a rebuilding team.  They struggle in 2023, but they are going in the right direction.
Colts - I'm a fan of Richardson, but he's very raw, so he's going to take time.  Colts are rebuilding too.

Chargers - They pick up the pieces and come back after a heartbreaking exit from the playoffs last year.
Chiefs - Call me crazy, but they can't win every year, can they?  I'm still a HUGE Mahomes fan though.
Raiders - Coolest stadium in the league, but they probably still have some work to do in this division.
Broncos - New head coach is overrated and their veteran QB is washed.  2023 looks like a tough one for Denver.

Commanders - Daniel Snyder was a LOSER!  Dumping him energizes the team in 2023.  (Also, Magic J. RULES!)
Eagles - They should be the pick, but this division always seems to change every year.  Still a good team.
Cowboys - Lots of people will have them #1.  Sorry Cowboys fans, but I just don't have any faith in Dak.
Giants - Not a horrible team.  They are just the last ones standing when the music stops.

NFC NORTH
Lions - This is the year Dan Campbell gets his Lions to finally bite off enough kneecaps to win the Norris.
Bears - They have been rebuilding slowly.  Justin Fields progresses and Bears rise to #2 in division.
Vikings - Defense is suspect, and I don't see them coming back from behind so often in 2023. 
Packers - Cheeseheads are hopeful going in, but they learn that life just isn't the same without a HOF QB.

NFC SOUTH
Saints - Derek Carr, & new HC bring fresh air and new life to the Saints in 2023.  Good supporting cast too.
Falcons - I wanted to make them a surprise pick over the Saints, but I just don't think they are quite ready.
Panthers - Most will have them last, but I think their rookie QB could surprise at least some people this year.
Bucaneers - They hitched their wagon to a GOAT and it worked!  Now they're in the process of rebuilding.

NFC WEST
49ers - Great team.  The big question is the QB.  I think they will figure enough out to win the division.
Rams - Stafford still has some left in the tank, and they have Aaron Donald on the other side of the ball.
Seahawks - I could be wrong, but I think Geno Smith comes back down to earth some this year.
Cardinals - Their midget QB looks like Groucho Marx running around out there.  It's going to be an ugly year.

I will call you crazy. Picking against Mahomes is bad enough but taking Washington over both the Cowboys and Eagles is insane, not that sanity is normal in the NFC East.

A cople of other disagreements are the Packers--much better--and the Rams--much worse. I have the LA Rams picking #1. 

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

AFC South:

Houston Texans: They stumble, a lot, with spots of good play and probably the DROY. 5-12.

Indianapolis Colts: Richardson turns the ball over a lot, but has one or two brilliant games that gives them more wins than they should have. 6-11.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Lawrence takes the next step and shows the latter half of last season wasn’t a fluke. They sweep the division. 11-6.

Tennessee Titans: Henry and Tannehill both decline, but Spears and the defensive line keep them solid and in most games. 8-9.

I doubt that not because they’re the best AFCS team talent wise but how uncommon that is in the NFL.

11 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Packers have the best HC, defense and OL(arguable with the Lions) in the North. We're not finishing last unless Love gets injured

Unless Love is an absolute flop (and I'm pretty sure he isn't), the Packers won't finish last.  I think they end up 2nd or 3rd.  I think Minnesota ends up winning the division with ~10 wins, and I think Detroit ends up falling on their face with the expectations.

AFC East:
1. Miami - This is contingent on Tua staying healthy
2. Buffalo - There's something not quite right with them imo. they'll still be in the playoffs though
3. NY Jets - I predict by week 8, they have had some bumps in the road and Rodgers has thrown a few guys under the bus
4. Patriots - Belichick is still the coach and they won't be terrible, but the division is so much better than it once was

AFC North:
1. Baltimore - I don't think Lamar is as good as he thinks he is, but their overall team is very complete
2. Cincinnati - They will obviously score points, but their OL weakness will catch up to them a few times
3. Pittsburgh - They will be solid but mediocre
4. Cleveland - I don't believe Watson will ever get back to where he was

AFC South:
1. Jacksonville - Lawrence and their offense should be better than they were last year
2. Tennessee - Mediocre but in a sub-mediocre division they're second best
3. Indianapolis - Taylor will come back at some point and they will win a handful of games
4. Houston - I'd be very surprised if Stroud leads them to more than a few wins. Their overall roster seems thin at best

AFC West:
1. LA Chargers - I think this is the year they rise above their bumbling tendencies
2. Kansas City - I think they've lost more than people realize, though they'll still be ready for a playoff run by season's end
3. Las Vegas - They're probably going to be around .500 give or take a game or two
4. Denver - They will be in the market for the #2 or #3 QB in the 2024 draft

NFC East:
1. Philadelphia - Their defense will suffer from their losses just a bit but they still have a top-notch roster
2. Dallas - I don't believe in Prescott, but they're still probably a wild-card team
3. NY Giants - Teetering right on the edge of being either slightly above average or disastrous
4. Washington - They lost the game of QB musical chairs in the off-season and they have other holes in the roster too

NFC North:
1. Detroit - Good young talent, good coaching. They need a few guys to take those next steps
2. Green Bay - As long as Love is average, they have the other ingredients to be a playoff team
3. Minnesota - Age and the breaks will catch up to them this year
4. Chicago - Fields is exciting but he's not good enough to overcome a roster that's still pretty weak

NFC South:
1. New Orleans - This is the toughest division to call, for now I'll go with the only team with a veteran QB
2. Atlanta - I expect them to be in a lot of shootouts, and they have the personnel to win some of them 
3. Carolina - Bryce Young has some great qualities but he's going to have his ups and downs
4. Tampa - I just don't see them having much on offense and I think they're likely to have a collapse set in by mid-season

NFC West:
1. Seattle - I think their roster is pretty good, especially their offensive weapons
2. San Francisco - Brock Purdy isn't playing with house money anymore
3. LA Rams - They just don't have a fully competitive roster anymore. A few remaining star players will get them a handful of wins
4. Arizona - Do I really need to go into it? Avoiding 0-17 would be an upset

Edited by Superduperman

14 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

AFC EAST

AFC SOUTH

NFC NORTH

NFC SOUTH

NFC WEST

The Commanders winning the NFCE would be the shockers of all shockers. I do think the trend of no back to back winners in that division will continue but it will either be the Cowboys or the Giants winning not the Commanders.

FINALLY someone is putting some respect on the Rams name. Stafford has more than some left in that tank. Its funny bc people consistently talk about the Rams are going to tank or the Rams just flat out bad. Are people just ignoring all the reports of how Stafford is feeling the healthiest he has every felt and how great he is looking in camp and in those live scrimmages? If we get a better version of the 2021 Stafford which the reports Im hearing is he is better than he was in 2021 then defenses especially in the weak NFC will have a hard time stopping the Rams offense. I just think people overreact per usual to a bad season in 2022 followed by alot of changes in the offseason. People reacted like that after the Rams lost the Superbowl in 2018 then had a (9-7) season in 2019 followed by alot of changes in the offseason. And the Rams came out in 2020 won 10 games and made the playoffs and won a playoff game. So if people want to go down that road again with the Rams do so but until I see a McVay led Rams have back to back bad seasons and miss the playoffs Im not going to predict it. Rams will finish 2nd in the NFCW and I think they can sneak into the playoffs as the 6th or 7th seed.

Everything else I can see happening. I will say personally though I get all the hype of the Jets. Just remember though its still a young team with a QB in ARod who has shown that it will take him some time with a new team around him. The OL is an issue, Hall is coming back from a injury, Cook is prone to get injured, Wilson is a young receiver that has to grow with ARod, and the coach Saleh isnt really proven. So I would say the Bills will win the division but if the Jets somehow won it I wouldnt be shocked. 

52 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

2. Atlanta - I expect them to be in a lot of shootouts, and they have the personnel to win some of them 

I think people are really underating how good the defense will be in Atlanta. Not saying that they'll be world beaters or anything, but I think they'll be around league average this year. Which from arguably the worst defense in the league in 2022, that's a nice step up.