Preseason Predictions - 2023 Division Results

SodeeWater_Cheezburger

30 minutes ago, malak1 said:

It’s not that interesting really. He was bad, but it seems intellectually dishonest to dismiss Fields’ rushing ability when discussing who is the better player. Again, right now, there’s literally zero reasons to think Jordan Love is better than Justin Fields.

In fact, there is probably nothing that Jordan Love has done on the field in his entire life to suggest he’s better than Justin Fields. Literally. It might not be a stretch to say that Justin Fields has been a better QB and football player than Jordan Love has been, literally, every single day of his life, even if you include these past 2 seasons. That can change, but I’m not betting on it.

Because we value QBs based on their running ability, right?  It's not intellectually dishonest to say that so far he's been a RB playing QB in the NFL.   If you have the choice between mediocrity (which Justin Fields has been) or the unknown, you take the unknown every single time.  Could Jordan Love be mediocre?  Absolutely.  But at least we don't know that he's mediocre.  I'll use this analogy, would you rather have $3 or a hidden amount that could be as much as $100 or could be $1?  The answer is pretty clearly the latter.  Unless you believe there's some legitimate reason why the last 2 seasons have been complete statistic anomalies, you take the unknown every time.  How you want to take mediocrity over an unknown is beyond me.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because we value QBs based on their running ability, right?

Not solely, but where that trait is elite, it buttresses the argument in their favor. 

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'll use this analogy, would you rather have $3 or a hidden amount that could be as much as $100 or could be $1?

It's a poor analogy because it assumes that Justin Fields can't and wont improve. The better analogy would be, there are 2 boxes: would you rather take the $3 you know you have with a chance at $100 or the box where you can get $0 with a chance at $100? Actually, I'd argue that Fields has higher upside, so the even better analogy is the following:

($3 OR possible $100) OR ($0 OR possible $95)

Edited by malak1

8 hours ago, malak1 said:

As it currently stands, there’s very little reason, arguably none, to think Jordan Love is a better player than Justin Fields.

At this point, he(Love) is the 4th best QB by default.

I would definitely agree as of today.  Love could change a lot of people's minds on Sunday, but we'll just have to see.

Wasn't the team around Fields absolute trash as well?  They tried to give Zach Wilson help and he still sucked.  They finally got Fields a #1 WR etc so let's see how he does with help.  If he still is underperforming then you can start writing him off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Wasn't the team around Fields absolute trash as well?  They tried to give Zach Wilson help and he still sucked.  They finally got Fields a #1 WR etc so let's see how he does with help.  If he still is underperforming then you can start writing him off.

Fields' problem is that he really really struggles to play within structure. His reads are late & he can't anticipate anything. That's the plight of being a freak athlete all through the lower levels--that part of your game doesn't need to get developed. He can obviously get literally infinitely better in that area, but he's underdeveloped there. I am not a Fields truther. 

25 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Fields' problem is that he really really struggles to play within structure. His reads are late & he can't anticipate anything. That's the plight of being a freak athlete all through the lower levels--that part of your game doesn't need to get developed. He can obviously get literally infinitely better in that area, but he's underdeveloped there. I am not a Fields truther. 

You don't have to be, but he did well at Ohio State doing that, but he also had much better weapons which made it easier for him.  Let's see how he does with real weapons.  If he still struggles then at least Ohio State has CJ Stroud as a pro QB that might actually turn into something, if he balls out, then that means they'll have 2 finally.

19 minutes ago, Raves said:

You don't have to be, but he did well at Ohio State doing that, but he also had much better weapons which made it easier for him.  Let's see how he does with real weapons.  If he still struggles then at least Ohio State has CJ Stroud as a pro QB that might actually turn into something, if he balls out, then that means they'll have 2 finally.

So we just need him to have 4 or 5 first round picks at the skill positions, a top OL, and the opponents to be fresh out of working for Am Fam or State Farm all week, and he may be good?  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So we just need him to have 4 or 5 first round picks at the skill positions, a top OL, and the opponents to be fresh out of working for Am Fam or State Farm all week, and he may be good?  

He played against plenty of NFL talent in the Big Ten and in the playoffs.  Don't act like he only played against the SEC's typical OOC opponent.  Also his skill positions and OL so far in Chicago haven't been those same caliber of players you claimed he played against, at least in relation to other NFL teams.  Let's see how he does with what would be considered a 1st round pick at the skill position and a better OL.

21 minutes ago, Raves said:

He played against plenty of NFL talent in the Big Ten and in the playoffs.  Don't act like he only played against the SEC's typical OOC opponent.  Also his skill positions and OL so far in Chicago haven't been those same caliber of players you claimed he played against, at least in relation to other NFL teams.  Let's see how he does with what would be considered a 1st round pick at the skill position and a better OL.

How many times did Justin Fields' team face a talent deficit in his college career?  Once? Twice? He isn't going to have it the way he had it in college.  And so far, he has shown to be a below average QB without a stacked team.  

29 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

@malak1 your hate for Green Bay makes me LOL. The salt is so real after 30yrs of consistently getting thumped by the Packers.

I can feel your blood pressure sky rocket everytime your discussing them on here. 

I absolutely love it.

Thank God football season is almost here!

That's great!

https://imgur.com/W8hjmbf