GDT Week 1: Packers at Baers

mikebpackfan

39 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Every Myers play. cuz why not ya know? Our worst player, gotta know why. N=Nonconsequential. L= Lost assignment W= Won assignment. obvi.

1: Tough play, pushed back on a reach. Not ideal. L

2: Gets to 2nd level, hat on hat. unimportant block, but got on a guy. (Heath whiffs on every guy possible, Bahk misjudges Edmunds and Reed gets blown up). N/W

3: Pro, stunt runs into him, no danger. does his job. N/W

4: Gives his guy the forklift and gets solid movement before being rolled on. W

5: JRJ pulls, 3T comes into Josh, Josh moves him 3 yards down field past line to gain. W

6: 2nd level gets a hat on Edmunds, 8 yard gain behind him. W

7: down block on PA. double with JRJ their guy ends up on the ground... is that good? W

8: Pulls out in front, Lines up the DB for a walk in TD, Jones cuts inside instead. Hat on hat in space. thats another. W

9: Pulls goes too fast and Edmunds knifes behind him, if this is Jones instead of Dillon, might be a foot race to the EZ but its not so. call it a miss. Edmunds speed will get ya. L

10: screen **** gets muddled, Myers tries disengaging to go out in front of the play. unfortunately Jones is standing there. N/L

11: Pro, looks for work, teams with Elgy, 5 seconds of pocket time, TD. W

12: Elgy pulls, Myers goes to fill on 3T, OLB ends up dropping so David and Myers blocking 1 guy, JRJ misses block on the Nose, Looks like he got stepped on .  N/W

13: Outside pitch and Ngakoue just hammers Dillon. Just a good read/bad play. Maybe Musgrave should chip there. N

14: Pro, nobody over him throws short to 88. N

15: Quick toss, punches his dude.. N

16: has a double with JRJ, they move the guy 5 yards. 6 yard run. W

17: Pro nobody over him, helps a guy meet the ground at the end. N/W

18: Pro, locks on nose until he wants try going the long way round to Tom, traces the guy, announcer says "lotta time" must be good. W

19: Pro, Locks into 97, a squat powerful bastard, oversets 2nd move beats Myers, if this was a 5 step drop mightve been a problem. N/L

20: Pro, stunt comes inside. hes waiting for it. 3rd and 6 completion to Toure. W

21: PA, passes his go off to elgy with a punch and moves to help JRJ. Announcer says "gots a lot of time" W

22: zone right, logs his guy out 3 yards laterally, 5 yards behind bakh and myers. W

23: Pro, Elgys guy spins inside, he's waiting. W.

24: Pro, sits on a bull. W

25: THE SACK BY NGAKOUE IS TOTES ON MYERS. wait no, It's on Love, 100%. Myers picks him up, dead in the water, Ngakoue scrapes off his tackles *** (only way to stop him would be to hold him). Love runs into it. No sane person puts this on Myers. W

(an aside here, WILD snap by the LS on the end of half FG. Looks like Carlson is trusting the ops, and just homeruns this *****.)

Half. Lets get a quick tally. 14 W's. 4 N/W's. 3 N. 2 N/L. 2 L. seems really bad so far. Also, all but 1 he's been put in space, he's succeeded in performing his task.

26: Double with JRJ bit of a mate, run goes left. N/W

27: JRJ pulls Myers gets the down block. Elgton gets a handful with stocky 97, he blows this up a bit that dude would be a very solid #2 NT. Myers guy goes downfield to get over the top on 2nd and 2. N/W

27: 3rd and 1 sneak, This is full scrum mode. Myers has a shoulder into both DT's. we get a 3v2 and get enough push for the 1st. W

28: Toss left, Myers gets across the face of the nose enough to win the assignment. W

29: PA-screen Myers gets into the Nose to make him feel like its real, before releasing. You know what would really suck for this screen? for the Nose to go unblocked blowing this up before it gets set up, like someone wanted him to be? DBs decide to clear the path instead of getting mauled or putting up any sort of resistance. lol. if youre telling me any of this play is a negative for myers, I cant take you serious. 3 hats for 3 hats, theyre neutralized any way you look at it. W

28: Downblock for pulling Elgy, walls his dude, almost a walk in for Dillon. W

29: Heads up, goes to reach his guy, his dude shoots inside for him, Myers gets enough of him and Brisker for dillon to slip through the hole. Gonna make this one N/W, his guy ended up where he wanted him to be but for the wrong reasons. Edmunds knifes in the hole for the stop. Good run blitz call from them. N/W

30: Stones his guy, Jones walks in. W

31: Down block for pulling Elgy, Guy shoot straight upfield. Josh gets a good shot on him, Dillon needs to hammer this up the gut and trust the block there's nothing outside, its not pretty for Josh. but W

32: Pro is locked with his guy. W

33: Pro his dude doesnt do much of a rush here. Elgy loses his footing Love goes beast mode, stiffs a dude and trucks a bro. W

34: Pro, picks up a switch from JRJ. 4th and 3 house call from Jones. W

35: PA. i mean. there's just zero threats to Love this play could continue for 10 seconds. W

36: Fills for elgy. run right. N/W.

37: Pro, sits on his guy. W

38: Keeps his guy from being in the play on a run behind LG. W

39: Screen. JRJ just runs under Myers feet here and it gets messy. gets an arm into a guy before the tackle. still a 5 yard gain N/L

40: False start wicks. now 3rd and 8. Pro, picks up JRJ's guy. "Love has all day" W

41: Fumble big gain to musgrave. the snap was good, Jordan had both hands on it as he turns, then bobbles it. Love didnt get killed. W

42: Pro double with elgy. fade doubs tudd. W

43: 97 gives him a solid rip move to get upfield and disrupt this play, myers keeps him from making the stop. N/L

44: Screen, Myers stays in to slow the blitz. keeps his hat on the spy backer. allowing the 1st down. W

45: Gets a hat 2nd level on edmunds, like immediately. run left gets 10. W

46: 1st & 18 Pulls, Kraft doesnt get a hat on quick enough, **** gets messy, run still gets outside, Myers goes bull mode against 3 dudes and allows this play to have a positive gain for Taylor. W

42: 2nd and 16 Pro 5+ seconds in the pocket. W

43: Fills for JRJ. run goes LT. N/W

(LOL Reed was in the game for hands team after he was injured, yeah im thinking his cramping knee will be ok)

44: gives 97 the forks and gets him off the ball 3 yards, not bad. W

45: fumbled snap. i cant really tell, looks like clifford leaves early to me. Maybe Myers doesnt get it up high enough, wont know unless they tell.

46: Gets some lateral movement. run goes off RG for a couple. N/W

47: same play, same result. N/W

48: His guy has a head start on a toss and does a good job mirroring down the line, Myers is on his hip the whole time but cant quite pull even. gets 5 yards on 4th and 6. N/L

GAME.

Biggest takeaway was coming out impressed with 97 Andrew Billings strength. guy has developed into a straight up bull. looks good. well. he looks like a bowling ball. but he plays well.

For Myers, he had one "bad" play in space where edmunds knifed in behind him. one "eh" play where he tripped over JRJ, otherwise he got his hat on a hat, routinely that hat was Edmunds who is seriously athletic. I just dont know how you can ever come away with the take "Myers is bad in space" it has no legs. He did struggle a bit with Billings squatty strong frame but he "won" the overall war pretty handily. 

Some of those W's could be closer to N/W's because probably everyone could do the task, but you can only complete the assignment youre given. I think i graded plenty harshly, gave a N/L to a Pro play that had a 4 second pocket.

Billings has always been a good player. Texas Powerlifting Champion in highschool. Were it not for a degenerative knee condition, he would be a much higher regarded player, but he wears down so much as the season goes on with his knee pain. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Interesting to see the snap counts for this game.    It's great to see so much snap distribution across the roster.  I don't think that was a function of the score either - looked like a concerted effort to rotate often.   

- Kenny Clark has to be relieved to finally have effective help on the DL.   He played 38 snaps (51%) and finished 2nd to Slaton with 40 (54%).  Our top five DL all played between 29-54 snaps.   I could be wrong but it seemed like in years past Clark had to play 75-80% of snaps with regularity -- great for his longevity to be in a deeper rotation now

Here are Kenny Clark's game logs:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarKe01/gamelog/

Outside of his rookie season, he seems to be in high 70s percent of snaps on average.  That was tired and about to go to sleep Dave estimates.  Getting him in a lower percentage of plays will probably extend his career, and also make him more effective.  I think some of this will be helped by Slaton and Wyatt keeping form, and also Wooden and Brooks not hitting a rookie wall.  I would guess that Clark plays more in closer games and he will see more than 51% of snaps on the season.  But if we can keep it down into the mid 60s instead of the high 70s, it should help quite a bit.

• Like 1

I watched a utuber for the Bears after the game. I watched a few, any way, this one guy was yelling at the camera. As he was recapping the game he was getting angrier and angrier. Then he had to do ads for revenue and he would try and not be angry but he couldn't stop. He would yell like " Be sure to buy this product for all your needs!" Commercial rage. It was kinda funny.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Billings has always been a good player. Texas Powerlifting Champion in highschool. Were it not for a degenerative knee condition, he would be a much higher regarded player, but he wears down so much as the season goes on with his knee pain. 

4 teams in 6 years.   

Scored an 88.1 grade against GB on 33 plays.  #7 ranked interior player last week.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

4 teams in 6 years.   

Scored an 88.1 grade against GB on 33 plays.  #7 ranked interior player last week.

Lotta that grade did not come against Myers bud, gotta check those guards you were watching so close.

His precious score wasn't too shabby last year, either.

Edited by HighCalebR