The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

we aren’t actually sure that he received Haldol, it was an assumption on my part (that or Geodon were my guesses)

as for Abilify, for long term management you can basically lump all of those 2nd gens as being a preferred option (though each has its own sets of issues) over any of the 1st generations. You won’t get an argument from me (with the exception of those that have shown a prior med was effective in their or their family hx).

I am partial to Abilify primarily for the reason I stated before, but colloquially it’s talked about as a weaker antipsychotic due to its lesser activation on dopamine receptors compared to others.  Though I’m not sure if that’s particularly true. Again Abilify is usually my go to antipsychotic. 

For acute psychosis  (as Chandlers case) Haldol has proven efficacious in numerous studies and is still a go to in that type of setting. If we were to go with a 2nd gen in that type of setting, I like both Zyprexa and Seroquel over Abilify as they have stronger sedative effects.

It’s all respect bruh we’ve talked before it’s all gravy you a good dude. I know you know your stuff. It’s risk with every med. you right we don’t know what he was given.

I just know in all his rants never saw any substance visible until after the injection then you saw the alcohol. Then this. In my experience once something like haldol hits your system it’s over. Downward spiral after that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s all respect bruh we’ve talked before it’s all gravy you a good dude. I know you know your stuff. It’s risk with every med. you right we don’t know what he was given.

I just know in all his rants never saw any substance visible until after the injection then you saw the alcohol. Then this. In my experience once something like haldol hits your system it’s over. Downward spiral after that. 

Bruh haldol works for countless people. Let it go man. Everyone can have a bad reaction to a drug but to act like something that’s worked for more than not is at cause with someone obviously not going by the guidelines of using said drug, while also just assuming that’s the drug they were prescribed is a bit of an over reach. 

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Bruh haldol works for countless people. Let it go man. Everyone can have a bad reaction to a drug but to act like something that’s worked for more than not is at cause with someone obviously not going by the guidelines of using said drug, while also just assuming that’s the drug they were prescribed is a bit of an over reach. 

All I’m saying is educate yourself and check the effectiveness stats of haldol vs abilify. Medicine has come a long way since the 60’s. You might be surprised. They might even have something better than abilify out nowadays.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All I’m saying is educate yourself and check the effectiveness stats of haldol vs abilify. Medicine has come a long way since the 60’s. You might be surprised. They might even have something better than abilify out nowadays.

I know them both very well. I promise. I just don’t like people firing off indictments on important drugs that help more people than they hurt every day (not that you’re doing that at all, I respect wanting to be aware of what you’re taking). I will just say that in my experience and in my knowledge this would not be what I’m looking at in this situation.