The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

People have asked, so I’m curious too if there’s any detrimental to team clause? And if not, that’s a pretty big oops. Imo. I hope cj gets help and rights the ship. But let’s also be real, it’s business. Family apparently has history, there might have been prior knowledge or something of that nature possibly? No bueno all the way around. 

Without any real details, it's hard for me to digest what truly happened here. 

You've got the team that seems to be in the "we can't talk about this"  and "please just go away" phase.

The player is then out on his own doing a crazy dance.

I struggle to believe that the guy just snapped and hasn't recovered from that, at least enough to come out and say, hey my bad, I've got an issue and I'm dealing with it.  Or none of his friends or family have come to his defense or aid for that matter.  He seems to be on an island.

He clearly has problems, but it's very concerning how this has unfolded.  It's like he has the plague and everyone just wants him as far away as possible.

34 minutes ago, true2form said:

Without any real details, it's hard for me to digest what truly happened here. 

You've got the team that seems to be in the "we can't talk about this"  and "please just go away" phase.

The player is then out on his own doing a crazy dance.

I struggle to believe that the guy just snapped and hasn't recovered from that, at least enough to come out and say, hey my bad, I've got an issue and I'm dealing with it.  Or none of his friends or family have come to his defense or aid for that matter.  He seems to be on an island.

He clearly has problems, but it's very concerning how this has unfolded.  It's like he has the plague and everyone just wants him as far away as possible.

I don’t think there’s anything deep to it. He’s probably just refusing help and becoming more and more toxic and dangerous to be around. I can’t see any way to fault the team from what’s available nor anything that would suggest there is the possibility of it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Look up haldol vs abilify

haldol is supposed to be off the market for being ineffective with crazy side effects 

Different class of antipsychotic meds, Haldol is a 1st gen antipsychotic whereas Abilify is a 2nd gen. They have different functions in that your 2nd gen adds an addition neurotransmitter that it works on (Serotonin/Dopamine vs primarily acting on Dopamine). 

Haldol is a very effective medication for lots of people and a first line choice in many situations. 

I like Abilify (it’s one of my go to meds as it has less metabolic issues associated with it that other 2nd gen antipsychotics), but it has its own problems as well. 

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Different class of antipsychotic meds, Haldol is a 1st gen antipsychotic whereas Abilify is a 2nd gen. They have different functions in that your 2nd gen adds an addition neurotransmitter that it works on (Serotonin/Dopamine vs primarily acting on Dopamine). 

Haldol is a very effective medication for lots of people and a first line choice in many situations. 

I like Abilify (it’s one of my go to meds as it has less metabolic issues associated with it that other 2nd gen antipsychotics), but it has its own problems as well. 

I’m glad you edited it cause across the board ability is better than haldol. No disrespect but I trust patient and caregiver reviews more than drs but even clinical trials support abilify is better 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14609439/

Haldol was introduced in the 60’s almost 50 years ago. Abilify  early 2000’s. 

Sure it’s the go to just like every other thing unless you ask questions about alternatives.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

we aren’t actually sure that he received Haldol, it was an assumption on my part (that or Geodon were my guesses)

as for Abilify, for long term management you can basically lump all of those 2nd gens as being a preferred option (though each has its own sets of issues) over any of the 1st generations. You won’t get an argument from me (with the exception of those that have shown a prior med was effective in their or their family hx).

I am partial to Abilify primarily for the reason I stated before, but colloquially it’s talked about as a weaker antipsychotic due to its lesser activation on dopamine receptors compared to others.  Though I’m not sure if that’s particularly true. Again Abilify is usually my go to antipsychotic. 

For acute psychosis  (as Chandlers case) Haldol has proven efficacious in numerous studies and is still a go to in that type of setting. If we were to go with a 2nd gen in that type of setting, I like both Zyprexa and Seroquel over Abilify as they have stronger sedative effects.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I don’t think there’s anything deep to it. He’s probably just refusing help and becoming more and more toxic and dangerous to be around. I can’t see any way to fault the team from what’s available nor anything that would suggest there is the possibility of it. 

Yeah, but you’re just making assumptions. That’s why I said without details it’s hard to know anything.