2024 Draft

Ftn49

The more I see the options that are likely at #31 the more I think the best course of action is to trade down with someone like Atlanta or Vegas that may need a QB and want the 5th year option on Penix or Nix. Take their 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and next year's 2nd and pick up Frazier or a falling Edge, Tackle or CB.  

33 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

The more I see the options that are likely at #31 the more I think the best course of action is to trade down with someone like Atlanta or Vegas that may need a QB and want the 5th year option on Penix or Nix. Take their 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and next year's 2nd and pick up Frazier or a falling Edge, Tackle or CB.  

Oh you want trades do you!?

1Ma3CyX_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JIllg said:

love Kimani Vidal as a late round or udfa running back flyer. Runs a pretty outside zone.

Draft doesn't have a bijan or Gibbs, but I do like some of the late day 2 and day 3 options

• Like 1

9ers meetings at the Shrine Bowl:

Gabriel Murphy (makes sense as a budget run defense rotational edge, taken him in drafts before)

Christian Mahogany (quality run blocking OG, obvious guy I've taken in drafts)

Mason Pine (very tall small school receiving TE - freaky athlete)

Jamree Kromah (small school tweener edge)

Isaac Rex (another receiving tight end type - definitely think that we're writing off our draft picks from last year and trying again)

Kedon Slovis - because if you've done the Josh Rosen thing once...

12 hours ago, JIllg said:

9ers meetings at the Shrine Bowl:

Gabriel Murphy (makes sense as a budget run defense rotational edge, taken him in drafts before)

Christian Mahogany (quality run blocking OG, obvious guy I've taken in drafts)

Mason Pine (very tall small school receiving TE - freaky athlete)

Jamree Kromah (small school tweener edge)

Isaac Rex (another receiving tight end type - definitely think that we're writing off our draft picks from last year and trying again)

Kedon Slovis - because if you've done the Josh Rosen thing once...

Oh, I like Rex! Have watched him off and on for a couple of years. He has had some injury issues, but the guy is a good receiving target that probably needs to learn some better blocking. He has good size, too. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kiper mocking us Chop Robinson 😍……Little to no chance he drops to #31 though.

What are some first round caliber interior DL that may be available at our pick though? 

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he's available at 31. 

His on field stuff is pretty meh. He's basically a high spec play based on traits. Odafe Oweh went 31st. Boye Mafe went 40. Both were kind of the same idea. There are quite a few teams that could go edge in round 1, but they also have other needs. If Detroit goes CB over EDGE, for example, not shocking at all. 

31 is too early for Sweat, even though I would like to have a big, space eating zero (probably not as needed with Wilks out the door, but I still like it). Only other DT I'd have interest there would be Newton if he feel because of the foot injury. I think Murphy will be long gone. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he's available at 31. 

His on field stuff is pretty meh. He's basically a high spec play based on traits. Odafe Oweh went 31st. Boye Mafe went 40. Both were kind of the same idea. There are quite a few teams that could go edge in round 1, but they also have other needs. If Detroit goes CB over EDGE, for example, not shocking at all. 

31 is too early for Sweat, even though I would like to have a big, space eating zero (probably not as needed with Wilks out the door, but I still like it). Only other DT I'd have interest there would be Newton if he feel because of the foot injury. I think Murphy will be long gone. 

Combine meetings with many more defenders, particularly edges. Darius Robinson sticks out to me. I've thought he was a perfect roster fit for a while. It looks like they are looking for 1 tweener and 1 pure speed rusher guy. So Darius Robinson and similar from the Shrine and Hula Bowl and Jonah Eliss, Austin Booker, and Javon Solomon from the combine. All of those latter guys are light speed first athlete guys. Not a fan of Eliss if he goes in the second as projected. He's just tiny. But Booker and especially Solomon are worth a look.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Combine meetings with many more defenders, particularly edges. Darius Robinson sticks out to me. I've thought he was a perfect roster fit for a while. It looks like they are looking for 1 tweener and 1 pure speed rusher guy. So Darius Robinson and similar from the Shrine and Hula Bowl and Jonah Eliss, Austin Booker, and Javon Solomon from the combine. All of those latter guys are light speed first athlete guys. Not a fan of Eliss if he goes in the second as projected. He's just tiny. But Booker and especially Solomon are worth a look.

Yep, I'm all in on the Robinson boys in the first round. I like a few corners as well but haven't studied enough to see their draft projection. We will go OL in round 2 and and one of the picks in round 3 but the first pick will be edge or CB IMO. 

Few WRs like Washington that I like and there's a few top level route runners that Kyle will rate highly. 

I really hope we can bring Young back but I'm not convinced we will and that leaves a big void at DE. Beal/Jackson will be battling for a roster spot and we are suspect in the interior. Those players can be had in the middle rounds though so not too worried there.