2024 Draft

Ftn49

I'm almost positive I'm going to take a 4th round running back in my shadow draft 

I just love so many of the guys in that 3-4 range 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm almost positive I'm going to take a 4th round running back in my shadow draft 

I just love so many of the guys in that 3-4 range 

There’s also some good Tackle depth in the 3-4th rounds. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

31 is starting to feel more and more like a spot I want to trade down from. There are guys like Newton that I would love there. There are guys there that I'm mostly okay with....like, if they are there, I'll probably just take them. Even a guy like Guyton, who i personally don't "love", falls into that group. but there are a lot of guys that I like, but I like the same amount as a bunch of other guys I can get 12 picks later lol. Frazier is a guy I really lilke (give me all the centers with wrestling backgrounds), but I don't love it at 31. 

I wouldn’t mind Frazier at 31. 

8 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I wouldn’t mind Frazier at 31. 

If you want him, you probably have to take him there. I wouldn't get mad or anything if they did that, I do really like him.....but I also have to believe that there are better options at 31? 

I could see Denver or Chargers try and trade back so they can build up their draft stock. Wonder if Denver trades back and takes Bo Nix late in the first or if they stay put and take him. If so, it would help us lol 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

I could see Denver or Chargers try and trade back so they can build up their draft stock. Wonder if Denver trades back and takes Bo Nix late in the first or if they stay put and take him. If so, it would help us lol 

I haven’t watched a lot of Nix, but there is just something about him that screams bust to me. 

Of the QBs in this draft, the ones I’d feel comfortable taking at the spots their slotted to go would be Williams, Maye, McCarthy, & Jordan Travis. 

I think Penix could turn into an average starter, but wouldn’t touch him in round one. I would also be happy if we could pick up Slovis as an UDFA, but wouldn’t touch him before round 7. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I haven’t watched a lot of Nix, but there is just something about him that screams bust to me. 

Of the QBs in this draft, the ones I’d feel comfortable taking at the spots their slotted to go would be Williams, Maye, McCarthy, & Jordan Travis. 

I think Penix could turn into an average starter, but wouldn’t touch him in round one. I would also be happy if we could pick up Slovis as an UDFA, but wouldn’t touch him before round 7. 

Agreed. I don’t care for Bo either, but Denver seems like a team who wants a QB and unless they trade up could choose from Bo or Penix.

Penix could go in the first. I heard he had a good combine and interviews. 

Can we simulate to the draft already! lol 

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed. I don’t care for Bo either, but Denver seems like a team who wants a QB and unless they trade up could choose from Bo or Penix.

Penix could go in the first. I heard he had a good combine and interviews. 

Can we simulate to the draft already! lol 

Totally agree that Penix could go round one and Nix could as well, but for some reason I get some serious Drew Lock vibes from Nix. 

If I’m picking in the top 10 I’m also not touching Daniels; another guy I didn’t watch a ton outside of his days at Arizona St. 

His last year at LSU was great, and maybe it was a Joe Burrow like ascension, but that’d scare the piss out of me personally if I was a GM making a pick at the top of the draft. 

Jordan Travis in the middle rounds for us sounds sooooo good to me though. I know many may say that’s a luxury pick, but I’m all about it.

Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I was absolutely in love with the Purdy pick. I thought he could be ‘a high end backup; so I guess I was wrong too. 

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

I'm must be the only person that isn't that enamored with Willams. Does some cool things physically but I think he's gonna to struggle in the pros because he isn't as efficient in the pocket as I would like for a kid that is as physically talented as he is. I don't think he sees the field well either.

I wouldn't touch Maye or Travis. Maye just doesn't look the part for me personally.

I watched Travis look barely above average @FSU for two years before finally looking halfway decent. Same script as Daniel Jones & Kenny Pickett and I was right about both of them as pros, at least ao far. 

Only QB in this class I really rate is Daniels tbh.

Having resigned Feliciano and McKivitz and looking at the weight Suamataia put on this past year, I think I’m going there at 31. He’s got density and arm length and width on his kick sets and quality mirroring and no idea how to run an outside zone play. Everything there looks awkward and wrong and it drives me nuts and it’ll drive Kyle nuts for at least a year. But he’s got the physical gifts for it. And he’s young. And he’s been available. I don’t mind Frazier. I don’t mind Chop, who is a similar upside play. But I think we need the youth and body at tackle more. I don’t want these guys with mediocre upsides and floors lower than you’d think at tackle in Morgan or Barton. Ugh. This seems nuts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Having resigned Feliciano and McKivitz and looking at the weight Suamataia put on this past year, I think I’m going there at 31. He’s got density and arm length and width on his kick sets and quality mirroring and no idea how to run an outside zone play. Everything there looks awkward and wrong and it drives me nuts and it’ll drive Kyle nuts for at least a year. But he’s got the physical gifts for it. And he’s young. And he’s been available. I don’t mind Frazier. I don’t mind Chop, who is a similar upside play. But I think we need the youth and body at tackle more. I don’t want these guys with mediocre upsides and floors lower than you’d think at tackle in Morgan or Barton. Ugh. This seems nuts.

If we pick Barton though it'll be for IOL.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

If we pick Barton though it'll be for IOL.

Yes, I get that. But then you’re taking him over guys that have played inside much more often and can handle power a lot better than he can. I’ve said repeatedly that he’s a center. I’ve got a higher grade on him than van Pran, but not Frazier. And only Frazier would I even consider taking in the first round. Your hope for value over a replacement free agent on the same money over the length of the rookie contract is vanishingly small for centers (though guards have been getting more bag recently).

7 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm must be the only person that isn't that enamored with Willams. Does some cool things physically but I think he's gonna to struggle in the pros because he isn't as efficient in the pocket as I would like for a kid that is as physically talented as he is. I don't think he sees the field well either.

I wouldn't touch Maye or Travis. Maye just doesn't look the part for me personally.

I watched Travis look barely above average @FSU for two years before finally looking halfway decent. Same script as Daniel Jones & Kenny Pickett and I was right about both of them as pros, at least ao far. 

Only QB in this class I really rate is Daniels tbh.

It’ll be interesting looking back. I don’t claimed to be a QB whisperer, but I liked Purdy & better Travis. I also liked LaMichael James though lol.

5 hours ago, JIllg said:

Kyle will do his jam imo

• Like 1