2024 Draft

Ftn49

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

As long as we’re on the subject of linemen with broken legs, any chance Zinter’s moves him down enough for us to grab him in the second? Maybe need to move up a little, mid to late second round? 

I think he's projected to go in like round 3-4. Brugler doesn't even have him in his top 100. PFF has him 157.  Neither Tice or DJ have him in their top 50. I think he's just been passed up by quite a few guards. Puni, Haynes, Mahogany. Beebe's testing was good enough that I think people are going to like him. 

ESPN is the primary place that loves Zinter as far as I can tell. Kiper especially. 

• Like 2

Anyone see some of the clips from USC’s pro day? I know for nostalgia we were talking about drafting Brenden Rice, but man he has a rough time running - looks slow. 😅 

one example. I feel like if there was a db, he would have gotten jammed easily. Tracked the ball well, is one positive from it at least 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't read it all yet, but super interesting

If I remember correctly TDN had one of the better mock draft simulators in years past; at least from a user experience standpoint. That is also just my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If I remember correctly TDN had one of the better mock draft simulators in years past; at least from a user experience standpoint. That is also just my opinion. 

They had a ton of good resources a couple of years ago and rapidly fell off in terms of quality. You aren't wrong (imo, which may be unfortunate for you). 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

They may very well take him in the second round after these free agent moves.

So is that what we need with Purdy going forward? I don't think WR is out of the question but I'm just not sure we will be going after YAC monsters with Purdy. You want another pure route runner opposite Aiyuk and then hope that guy has YAC ability. I sound like a broken record but if we trade up for a WR in the 2nd round, it will be for someone like McConkey. 

If we want to go OL first round, then I think we go with someone who has guard/tackle versatility and can be a plug and play from day one. That is Barton or Morgan. Will be interesting to see what we do if JPJ falls to #31.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So is that what we need with Purdy going forward? I don't think WR is out of the question but I'm just not sure we will be going after YAC monsters with Purdy. You want another pure route runner opposite Aiyuk and then hope that guy has YAC ability. I sound like a broken record but if we trade up for a WR in the 2nd round, it will be for someone like McConkey. 

If we want to go OL first round, then I think we go with someone who has guard/tackle versatility and can be a plug and play from day one. That is Barton or Morgan. Will be interesting to see what we do if JPJ falls to #31.

I think that this staff values YAC very highly period. They've taken the highest YAC guys at their positions for years as a philosophical choice. The offense is less centrally oriented than it has been in the past, but Shanahan still gets more runaways and YAC opportunities than just about anyone else. Plus I think he just loves formational flexibility in personnel groups. And a direct Deebo replacement can play a bit of running back for you when you go matchup hunting in lighter personnel groups. Corley more than most fits as a Deebo replacement as he was a running back convert.

TL:DR it is possible that we could pivot to more traditional wide receivers with Brock, but we tend to hide very little with our top 30 visits. I'd take it at face value.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I honestly don't know if Kyle really thinks about it like that. If he loves what Corley does, he's just going to take him. We know he's loves RAC ability, but beyond that I don't know that he's shown a predilection for anything beyond that. Pettis was a technician, but Deebo, Jennings, Hurd certainly weren't. Danny Gray was speed, speed. speed, but that wasn't Jennings, Hurd or really even Pettis. 

I think Kyle loves having his X receivers (julio, andre johnson), but beyond that I don't know that he has significant preferences. 

*edit* 

Thought Richie James was more of a speed merchant, but I guess not 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I honestly don't know if Kyle really thinks about it like that. If he loves what Corley does, he's just going to take him. We know he's loves RAC ability, but beyond that I don't know that he's shown a predilection for anything beyond that. Pettis was a technician, but Deebo, Jennings, Hurd certainly weren't. Danny Gray was speed, speed. speed, but that wasn't Jennings, Hurd or really even Pettis. 

I think Kyle loves having his X receivers (julio, andre johnson), but beyond that I don't know that he has significant preferences. 

*edit* 

Thought Richie James was more of a speed merchant, but I guess not 

I do think that he thinks longingly of Marquise Goodwin and Taylor Gabriel every year lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I do think that he thinks longingly of Marquise Goodwin and Taylor Gabriel every year lol

That's fair. He clearly values that speed for what it does to a defense (signed Benjamin too), but so far he's only shopped in the dollar store. It's a fair question to wonder how much he wants to actually invest in that singular trait 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

This is why Worthy would not surprise me. What scares me about that is that Kyle has show he’s not going to put a receiver on the field that can’t block unless he has to.

I’m not familiar with Worthy’s blocking chops, but based on his size, I would assume he’s not the greatest at it. If he shows the effort that’d go a long way though.

• Like 1