2024 Draft

Ftn49

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Kneeland at EDGE

Brandon Dorlus if you consider him an edge, I do not. I think he has to play DT in the NFL, but I'm not sure he can put on the weight. 

As far as I know, they haven't met with any offensive linemen on a top 30 

Interesting. 

But we have already met with 30 or still meeting? 

There's a decent chance we trade down for a team wanting to get the 5th year of a rookie QB deal....Some team may do that with Nix or Penix. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kneeland at EDGE

Brandon Dorlus if you consider him an edge, I do not. I think he has to play DT in the NFL, but I'm not sure he can put on the weight. 

As far as I know, they haven't met with any offensive linemen on a top 30 

I can't believe that Kneeland goes in the first and I enjoy some of Kneeland's splash plays. Like, if you are interested in that type of player, I can't make any argument for him whatsoever over Darius Robinson. And I think Darius is only on the fringes of first round viability.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting. 

But we have already met with 30 or still meeting? 

There's a decent chance we trade down for a team wanting to get the 5th year of a rookie QB deal....Some team may do that with Nix or Penix. 

So far we have only met with 10 of the 30 possible. 

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I can't believe that Kneeland goes in the first and I enjoy some of Kneeland's splash plays. Like, if you are interested in that type of player, I can't make any argument for him whatsoever over Darius Robinson. And I think Darius is only on the fringes of first round viability.

I think he goes in the second. I wish I could remember what it was I was listening to who had him as their pick for surprise first round pick though.

I don't see how he jumps some of the guys that are fringe first round guys as is. EDGE is a wasteland, but I'm not reaching for a guy at that position over some of the just better talent elsewhere that will undoubtedly be available. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he goes in the second. I wish I could remember what it was I was listening to who had him as their pick for surprise first round pick though.

I don't see how he jumps some of the guys that are fringe first round guys as is. EDGE is a wasteland, but I'm not reaching for a guy at that position over some of the just better talent elsewhere that will undoubtedly be available. 

Absolutely. And this years wide receiver and tackle class have such quality/variety of more interesting options that I can't imagine those not seeing the run first. I could see even 8 wide receivers going.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

this one I guess, it was Dane Brugler's pick for surprise FRP

• Like 1

I'm 100 percent on the train for the 49ers to trade back and draft a project tackle or Guard/Center. 

Question is how far back are you willing to move? I believe this is the range that makes most sense for a trade up:

43) Atlanta Falcons
44) Las Vegas Raiders
45) New Orleans Saints (from Denver)
47) New York Giants (from Seattle)

Edited by 49erurtaza

I really am hating not getting a tackle in the first round in mocks. Just not getting even Amegadjie in the second to try and develop currently.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I really am hating not getting a tackle in the first round in mocks. Just not getting even Amegadjie in the second to try and develop currently.

It's kind of crazy that Amegadjie has had that kind of build up as well. I mean, I like him well enough, but I've always considered him a third round type. I wouldn't be made at taking him in the second given where we pick, but now you're not even getting him there most of the time now. 

I would have him below Blake Fisher who I think most places still have in the third (Amegadjie will be far more dominant if he hits, but I view Fisher as a pretty decent bet to be an okay RT. I would have him below Paul despite the latter being a pretty subpar run blocker. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's kind of crazy that Amegadjie has had that kind of build up as well. I mean, I like him well enough, but I've always considered him a third round type. I wouldn't be made at taking him in the second given where we pick, but now you're not even getting him there most of the time now. 

I would have him below Blake Fisher who I think most places still have in the third (Amegadjie will be far more dominant if he hits, but I view Fisher as a pretty decent bet to be an okay RT. I would have him below Paul despite the latter being a pretty subpar run blocker. 

Agreed. I don’t loathe Puni. And then Christian Jones I feel comfortable with as at least a swing guy. And Rosengarten has traits and I liked the Senior Bowl reps if not the tape as much

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

While I completely agree, what’s your take if we get one of the top corners and then a tackle in either the 2nd or 3rd round like Javon Foster or Christian Jones? 

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

While I completely agree, what’s your take if we get one of the top corners and then a tackle in either the 2nd or 3rd round like Javon Foster or Christian Jones? 

Really good question. I'd love one of the top corners early on as a value play if things get thin. And honestly, I was feeling that route prior to the combine. Just getting the better guy is almost always the better long term play. Two things changed for me - the first was that I felt more and more comfortable with Jordan Morgan in the first even as other guys fell.

The second was the way that Christian Jones and Dominick Puni showed up at the combine. I figured Jones was 310-315 on tape; he showed up at 305 and tested like a good, but not spectacular straight line athlete with the turning circle of a bus (which was about what he looked like to me on tape). But like, if you are going to lose the weight at 305, you have to test better. Puni, I thought was roughly 315-320 on tape, he showed up at 303 with shorter arms. If it was the 310 and he put up his testing numbers like Morgan, I could feel tackle more. But I think that he's probably a guard only. And Javon Foster has become more intriguing to me. He's kind of like Cooper Beebe where he was a really effective college player for a long time that everyone assumed was a very limited athlete. But while he didn't test like a super impressive athlete, he didn't bomb the testing. And he had long arms. 

Anyways, long story short, I don't feel really good about any of the other guys being more than either an iffy starting guard convert or a swing tackle long term. And I don't think that any have much interesting upside more than that. Whereas, when I'm taking receivers especially in the third in this draft I am getting a ton of upside. I don't mind a lot of the corners as rosterable plays later. But the tackles after those you mentioned are just about unrosterable for me. The class kind of falls off a cliff.

• Like 1

IF we do not go tackle in the first round, there is a decent chance we can end up with Chop Robinson in round 1, Cooper Beebe in round 2 and Malik Washington in round 3. Lawd!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1