2024 Draft

Ftn49

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would. I'm about as big a fan of Fisher as you can be for a third round tackle talent. I think you could start him at guard right away, move him to right tackle in a year. Don't think he'll ever be a left tackle though. 

I took All in the last forum mock 

All probably won't last that long either.  He's too smooth of an athlete.  I keep wanting to go EDGE, but then I realize that this class sucks so I'd rather not reach for one.  I just don't have faith that they have enough run stopping on the interior and I don't know if Bosa/Floyd/Beal/Jackson is enough on the outside.  Beal and Jackson have shown us absolutely nothing. 

4 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

All probably won't last that long either.  He's too smooth of an athlete.  I keep wanting to go EDGE, but then I realize that this class sucks so I'd rather not reach for one.  I just don't have faith that they have enough run stopping on the interior and I don't know if Bosa/Floyd/Beal/Jackson is enough on the outside.  Beal and Jackson have shown us absolutely nothing. 

I mean Beal was injured for the most part, but I'm not expecting too much either. Unless Kneeland falls into our lap(or we reach for him in R1) I'm not sure we'll draft an Edge at all, other than maybe whoever wins this years GTFO award.

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Who are the guys that you wouldn't pass on for a trade if available at 31? 

Assume that you can't get them if you move down, regardless of the number of spots, and assume that all trades are in line with the TVC (so no "well, if they give me a two seconds to move down 5 spots, I'd do that no matter what) 

If Newton somehow falls its probably him. Other than that I'm not sure there are any can't miss prospects at this point. I like Barton and JPJ, but I'm not declining trade calls for them. Plus I'm pretty sure JPJ will be Lion.

• Like 1

Let's throw random scenarios and see who we would take. I'll start off, let's see the following players are available at #31:

Brian Thomas Jr

Jordan Morgan

Chop Robinson 

Darius Robinson 

Ladd McConkey

Adonai Mitchell

TJ Tampa

Who is the pick? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's throw random scenarios and see who we would take. I'll start off, let's see the following players are available at #31:

Brian Thomas Jr

Jordan Morgan

Chop Robinson 

Darius Robinson 

Ladd McConkey

Adonai Mitchell

TJ Tampa

Who is the pick? 

Brian Thomas Jr would be too hard to pass up imo.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Brian Thomas Jr would be too hard to pass up imo.  

Agreed, and I don't want a WR in the 1st. He is just BPA there. I wouldn't expect much of an impact from him this year. It would make the future easier when they say bye to deebo though.

I'd hope for a small trade down or take Brian Thomas Jr.

• Like 1

I am up in the 4th. 

Leonard Taylor went the pick before, and my number 1 running back, Jaylen Wright, went like 5 picks ago. Most people know how I feel about the edge class....kind of sucks at a certain point, and we are there. 

Brendan Rice and Javon Baker are available, but I don't think we are double dipping back to back and I just took Malik Washington. 

Cole Bishop is available and he's possibly the most tempting guy here. 

I'm really considering OT as well as this is the sweet spot for developmental tackles imo. Foster, Rosengarten and Jones are all available. 

Still enough running backs available that I may not go this early. Corum is available, but I like other guys quite a bit. 

scratch that

As we were getting ready to pick at 103, Houston offered 123 and 127 to move up. So I took that. 

I don't know that we would actually be adding picks in the real draft, but gives us 123, 124, 127, 135 now. 

I can move up again from like 135 in like 10 picks for like maybe a 6th and 7th. 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am up in the 4th. 

Leonard Taylor went the pick before, and my number 1 running back, Jaylen Wright, went like 5 picks ago. Most people know how I feel about the edge class....kind of sucks at a certain point, and we are there. 

Brendan Rice and Javon Baker are available, but I don't think we are double dipping back to back and I just took Malik Washington. 

I'm really considering OT as well as this is the sweet spot for developmental tackles imo. Foster, Rosengarten and Jones are all available. 

Still enough running backs available that I may not go this early. Corum is available, but I like other guys quite a bit. 

Cole Bishop would've been a really good pick imo.  I think one of the developmental guys would be there in the 120s. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Cole Bishop would've been a really good pick imo.  I think one of the developmental guys would be there in the 120s. 

The pick would have been Bishop, but his role in college is so predicated on him in the box that I wonder if he's just a dimebacker at the next level. If he had the arm length of a normal human, I actually am not convinced he wouldn't just be converted to linebacker. 

So ultimately I was okay with potentially losing him

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am up in the 4th. 

OT is in a nice spot. Foster or Rosengarten would be great. Honestly suprised how Jaylen Wright has been gone so late in both GM mocks. Don't know what Edges are left but with what we have i don't think there is much point outside of just adding extra competition for Jackson and mostly Beal. I kinda like Booker, Murphy, Solomon and Kamara in that 4th/5th round but they also all have a ton of downsides. DT is also pretty decent i think around this spot with guys like Carter and Jackson but then i think there is some interesting guys that might be able to be had even later like Briggs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The pick would have been Bishop, but his role in college is so predicted on him in the box that I wonder if he's just a dimebacker at the next level. If he had the arm length of a normal human, I actually am not convinced he wouldn't just be converted to linebacker. 

So ultimately I was okay with potentially losing him

Makes sense.  All I know about him was his Senior Bowl and he was great, even covering TEs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

OT is in a nice spot. Foster or Rosengarten would be great. Honestly suprised how Jaylen Wright has been gone so late in both GM mocks. Don't know what Edges are left but with what we have i don't think there is much point outside of just adding extra competition for Jackson and mostly Beal. I kinda like Booker, Murphy, Solomon and Kamara in that 4th/5th round but they also all have a ton of downsides. DT is also pretty decent i think around this spot with guys like Carter and Jackson but then i think there is some interesting guys that might be able to be had even later like Briggs.

Booker is best edge. I like the size and production, but it's concerning that he's so unathletic for as small as he is. 

Feel like I'd gamble on Murphy or Kamara as potential ebukam type players first. 

I've got my eye on Carter for later

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Booker is best edge. I like the size and production, but it's concerning that he's so unathletic for as small as he is. 

Feel like I'd gamble on Murphy or Kamara as potential ebukam type players first. 

I've got my eye on Carter for later

Booker is a weird one to me. His testing was disapointing and he may have some of the skinniest legs out there. And then you add how little he actually played before this year i believe he only had 23 snaps. Think for us i would prefer a guy like Murphy or Kamara but i am pretty intrigued by what Booker can be if he can fill that frame out some more.