2024 Draft

Ftn49

39 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Think he makes sense at 64

Up to 13 now visits out of 30 that we know. 

One thing to note, Hill is a linebacker, not a CB. He was previously a defensive back, but transitioned to linebacker this year. 

He's 100% a guy I want to take a shot on late day 3. He's undersized a bit for linebacker, but not so much that it's a major issue any more. Lot of linebackers play in the 220-225 range and he was like 215. But 4.4 speed. 32 inch arms

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

All that being said, I'm starting to think Pearsall/Roman wilson in the second round is much better value than McConkey in the first.  

Would probably need to trade up though, which doesn't feel unlikely. Just hope if they do end up trading up in the second round for a WR, it turns out better than Dante Pettis.

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

One thing to note, Hill is a linebacker, not a CB. He was previously a defensive back, but transitioned to linebacker this year. 

He's 100% a guy I want to take a shot on late day 3. He's undersized a bit for linebacker, but not so much that it's a major issue any more. Lot of linebackers play in the 220-225 range and he was like 215. But 4.4 speed. 32 inch arms

Sounds like the kind of DB/Linebacker(s) we like. I mean it worked for Warner.

• Like 3

Barrows and Lombardi did an article where they predicted several possible selections the niners could make in each round. 

Very interesting that they included kneeland in the first round option, not second round

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Barrows and Lombardi did an article where they predicted several possible selections the niners could make in each round. 

Very interesting that they included kneeland in the first round option, not second round

Kneeland in the first would be a ridiculous reach. Yikes.  

If an OL is not picked in the first round or even the second round, then I think Puni in the 3rd round is someone they will look at closely. Had a good Senior Bowl week and has a lot of playing experience. Even though he may be a guard in the NFL, he has the ability to at least play multiple positions. Granted, I never like moving OL from their natural position, but I don't have a problem here. Puni is not going to be a first round OL. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If an OL is not picked in the first round or even the second round, then I think Puni in the 3rd round is someone they will look at closely. Had a good Senior Bowl week and has a lot of playing experience. Even though he may be a guard in the NFL, he has the ability to at least play multiple positions. Granted, I never like moving OL from their natural position, but I don't have a problem here. Puni is not going to be a first round OL. 

I like him a lot as well.  Very physical. 

• Like 2

Interesting stuff from barrows on the tk show. 

Thinks that if the niners were interested in two  inexperienced guys like Mims and guyton, the team would have them in for official visits. Says so far as he knows, doesn't look like that is going to happen. He mentioned that we didn't talk with mcg his draft year on an official visit, but it's was different. Mcg was a multi year starter at Notre Dame who knocked their (Lynch & shanny) socks off at the combine. Shanny doesn't even go to the combine anymore. 

Thinks 31 is maybe too rich for kneeland, however thinks maybe he could be a target if the team traded down to a team that wanted to get back into the first for a QB. 

Likes wr and corner possibilities, but thinks the niners have to get blown away to move Aiyuk and doesn't think it'll happen, but thinks they'll draft a receiver pretty high. 

TK said he asked someone in the league (not involved) about whether the niners would move Aiyuk and the response was "what about the other guy", but barrows doesn't believe that is likely either. Thinks they are prepping deebo to be gone in 25 

• Like 2