2024 Draft

Ftn49

6 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Decamerion's tape was really entertaining. Just a crazily physical guy at the point of attack. I definitely think that he starts for someon, even though he does have some real issues with double moves given the aggressiveness.

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Barrows draft crush is also one of my favorite WRs of the draft....Adonai Mitchell. No clue if he drops all the way to #31, but he is a day one impact WR. 

Not if he plays the way Matt's other recent draft crushes have played 😂 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, draft is a crap shoot but guys like Lombardi and Barrows and Maiocco don't actually scout prospects. They are more so looking at their testing numbers and reading reports from others before making their selections.

Anyways, like I posted a few pages back, these are my guys:

My "guys" in this draft:

Chop Robinson

Jordan Morgan

Cooper Beebe

Christian Haynes

Jonathon Brooks

Malik Washington

Ladd McConkey

Adonai Mitchell

Elijah Jones

Cam Hart

Austin Booker 

Mitchell is part of the list. I'm a big fan of the three WRs I listed. And then Franklin would be another that I really like. 

I hope we end up with either Jones or Hart around the 4th or so round.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Like who?

I too really really like AD Mitchell, but I'm almost certain he'd immediately end up in Shanny's doghouse 😅

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Like who?

I too really really like AD Mitchell, but I'm almost certain he'd immediately end up in Shanny's doghouse 😅

He's been doing it forever, and he started off really hot. 3 of his first 4 draft crushes were legit players and capped off by Von Miller. 

But since, Von, been a bit of a rocky road: 

2012: TE Coby Fleener. 

2013: DL Tank Carradine. 

2014: WR Cody Latimer. 

2015: WR DeVante Parker. 

2016: LB Myles Jack. 

2017: DL Solomon Thomas. 

2018: DE Marcus Davenport. 

2019: S Darnell Savage. 

2020: WR Denzel Mims. 

2021: WR Amari Rodgers. 

2022: S Jalen Pitre. 

2023: TE Brenton Strange. 

Its all in good fun, of course. I wasn't a Fleener fan, but this board was absolutely littered with them that year. I was a huge Tank Carradine fan though. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's been doing it forever, and he started off really hot. 3 of his first 4 draft crushes were legit players and capped off by Von Miller. 

But since, Von, been a bit of a rocky road: 

2012: TE Coby Fleener. 

2013: DL Tank Carradine. 

2014: WR Cody Latimer. 

2015: WR DeVante Parker. 

2016: LB Myles Jack. 

2017: DL Solomon Thomas. 

2018: DE Marcus Davenport. 

2019: S Darnell Savage. 

2020: WR Denzel Mims. 

2021: WR Amari Rodgers. 

2022: S Jalen Pitre. 

2023: TE Brenton Strange. 

Its all in good fun, of course. I wasn't a Fleener fan, but this board was absolutely littered with them that year. I was a huge Tank Carradine fan though. 

Easy to understand why he liked a lot of them though. I really wanted Amari Rodgers too and I feel like almost everybody loved Myles Jack. 

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Easy to understand why he liked a lot of them though. I really wanted Amari Rodgers too and I feel like almost everybody loved Myles Jack. 

I don't know how many people here remember the Cody Latimer year, but that was an all time weird freaking draft cycle for a position player. 

He was mostly considered a day 3 guy, and I'm almost positive that we drafted him in FFMD around round 5 or 6. Then there was just this huge groundswell from media people like McShay talking about how great he was, never dropped a pass, was low key first round pick material etc etc.....and then weeks later others would be like, "oh yeah, i just now got to watching Latimer's tape and he's totes a first round pick". Was just crazy.  It was the kind of draft mumbo jumbo that you usually get from QBs (Josh Dobbs, Davis Webb, Ryan Nassib come to mind). 

• Like 2

This time of the year, every year, I think about how funny NFL prospect scouting is compared to MLB prospect scouting. 

I feel like with NFL scouting, it's A LOT of absolutes like "this guy WILL be an all-pro LT for the next 10 years." Or "take this guy in the first round and you'll never have to worry about the QB position again!"

MLB scouts are like "this kid has a chance to be an above-average 3rd baseman." Or "I feel pretty good he's an average catcher, but probably not an impact guy."

The difference between the two is vast and pretty funny. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was pretty easily the best weapon Iowa had last year, but barely saw the field. The medical history is concerning for sure

Luke Lachey is the guy to watch next year, I think he will be a very good pro

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1