2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rooney Rule?

There's no way given all of the 24/7 media circus coverage about offensive struggles for the Eagles, this is a serious candidate interview?

Could you imagine actually getting a 2nd rd Comp pick for Brian after this year? Comical!

@Nabbs4u Slight Correction - Minority Coaches/GMS can only return a comp pick Starting in the 3rd and those picks come after the player compensatory picks...

" The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Gannon got hired, anyone can get an interview seemingly.  Some people interview better than they perform.  

The amount of national journalists that have Gannon in the back of their throats is astonishing to me.  This narrative that he's gotten more out of that roster than anyone has any business doing is laughable.  They still only won 4 games, they had a -125 pt differential, and their defensive head coach put out the worst defense in the NFL.  Yeah they were expected to be bad, but did he really get the most out of that roster?  They lost a lot of games because the defense that he was in charge of collapsed in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The amount of national journalists that have Gannon in the back of their throats is astonishing to me.  This narrative that he's gotten more out of that roster than anyone has any business doing is laughable.  They still only won 4 games, they had a -125 pt differential, and their defensive head coach put out the worst defense in the NFL.  Yeah they were expected to be bad, but did he really get the most out of that roster?  They lost a lot of games because the defense that he was in charge of collapsed in the 2nd half.

Yep.  And one of those wins was against our Team who can’t beat anyone now.  

41 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

While the point differential looks bad, it is not entirely on the defense.

Eagles gave up 25.2 PPG this year, Cardinals gave up 26.8 PPG this year, and we can all agree the Eagles have more talent on the field on defense than the Cardinals.

The issue for Arizona is the offense, multiple QB's, and horrible WR's.

The Cardinals offense averaged 19.4 PPG, they lost 5 1 score games.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

While the point differential looks bad, it is not entirely on the defense.

Eagles gave up 25.2 PPG this year, Cardinals gave up 26.8 PPG this year, and we can all agree the Eagles have more talent on the field on defense than the Cardinals.

The issue for Arizona is the offense, multiple QB's, and horrible WR's.

The Cardinals offense averaged 19.4 PPG, they lost 5 1 score games.

The point is that he didn't get anything out of that team that any other coach isn't getting out of them and he authored the worst defense in the league with that being his baby.  Football talent aside if you're the worst in the league at something that you're directly responsible for I don't think you should receive praise for how they are performing under your watch particularly when that unit blew multiple 2nd half leads.

• Like 2

It's a shame how ****ty this defense has been all season and that Hassan was clearly bothered by the broken hand the first few weeks. 

This is under appreciated by the masses. 

Haason Reddick and Myles Garrett are the only NFL players with 11 or more sacks in each of the last four seasons.

(Via Jeff Kerr, CBS Sports)

19 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

The point is that he didn't get anything out of that team that any other coach isn't getting out of them and he authored the worst defense in the league with that being his baby.  Football talent aside if you're the worst in the league at something that you're directly responsible for I don't think you should receive praise for how they are performing under your watch particularly when that unit blew multiple 2nd half leads.

Reminds me of a HC in Philly. 

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's a shame how ****ty this defense has been all season and that Hassan was clearly bothered by the broken hand the first few weeks. 

This is under appreciated by the masses. 

I would appreciate Matt Patricia to stop dropping him into coverage.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Nabbs4u, I am telling you there is a chance

Schefter doesn’t believe it’s legit.  He was on the radio the other day and he poo poo’d the notion.  

There has been a lot of smoke indicating locker room issues.  That’s what we actually see. Can’t imagine what is going on behind the scenes that we don’t see that Lowie is privy to.  Still yet, I’m thinking he gets another year.  Shouldn’t be the case, I don’t believe in the guy, never liked him as the HC.  I think the fact that Lurie cut bait on the last two HC after a few years, might save Nick this time.  But if Nick was Reid’s replacement and this collapse happens, no doubt Lurie would can him.  Again, other than Reid, Lurie has a history of canning coaches after a few years.  RR, Chip and Doug.