2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  A head coach who is a rah rah hype man who's message has already grown stale.

A 250 million dollar QB who can only succeed if everything around him is perfect.

A defense that is seriously lacking in talent in the back 7.

And possibly about to lose a bunch of veteran leadership in the locker room.  I can't imagine Kelce, Cox and Graham want to come back after this disaster.

Yup. Eagles stock is trending down. I don't think the HC job will be as attractive after a down 2024 (which will happen if we keep Nick). If we want a shot at a quality HC candidate like Harbaugh or Ben Johnson, we need to make changes now.

But if we put up a fight against Tampa, Nick will likely be safe for another year.

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Yup. Eagles stock is trending down. I don't think the HC job will be as attractive after a down 2024 (which will happen if we keep Nick). If we want a shot at a quality HC candidate like Harbaugh or Ben Johnson, we need to make changes now.

But if we put up a fight against Tampa, Nick will likely be safe for another year.

I have a feeling Baker Mayfield is going to abuse our back 7, and Mike Evans is ready to eat on Monday night.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Don't really know much about him but Arthur Smith for OC? I like getting these failed head coaches for coordinating positions. They're hungry.

After how we already dont run the ball and how he used Bijan. Ill Pass. 

Edited by IrishHooligan00

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

As long as Howie Roseman is here Jim Harbaugh will not be coaching the Eagles. 

Ben Johnson on the other hand - yes please. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Don't really know much about him but Arthur Smith for OC? I like getting these failed head coaches for coordinating positions. They're hungry.

No.  In fact, **** no!  Dude is a mouth breathing moron that refuses to use his best players in key situations.

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Atlanta has the 4th highest run play percentage in the NFL this year.

Yes, but not with there actual Weapon in Bijan lol. 

521 Rushes between RB/QBS/WRS/TES
Bijan saw only 41% of those rushes
Allgeier saw 36% of those

The way he used Bijan was criminal. To put it in more perspective. Swift has more rushing Attempts then Bijan did and we still say to run the ball more. The only thing they did more of was Passing to the RB but that was due to a crap QB not the designed play call. 

ATL 522 Rush Attempts / 1052 Total Snaps

PHI 510 Rush Attempts / 1073 Total Snaps

Overall Its very comparable to PHI and we already complain about not running enough. No Difference to what he did in ATL when they should've relied on the Run more due to the crap QB. 

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

No.  In fact, **** no!  Dude is a mouth breathing moron that refuses to use his best players in key situations.

Atlanta would've easily won that division if Smith wasn't so hell-bent on getting role players touches.

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Yeah if we keep Nick and things don’t improve, next year will be worse for who would be attracted. Howie would be trending down more probably too, closer to where he was perceived in 2016 or 2021.

This year you still might have some of that vet core, you have both AJ & Devonta, Goedert still in his Prime, perception of both your lines being good.

Which is why I’m all for just ditching Nick now. Best case we hire a new OC and DC and they fix things, making Nick more irrelevant and opening us up again to restarting in 2025 after they get jobs. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am still pissed at how this season unfolded.  There was no joy, even in the wins.

Think the most annoying or frustrating aspect of this season is the fact that they went into this season with the obvious staring at their face and they chose to ignore it. They saw the curtains were on fire and thought the fire would put itself out. The cherry on top was thinking an elementary level coaching week in, week out was good enough for their "standard". **** this team and front office for wasting a full year and possibly more so unnecessarily.