2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

1 minute ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

So then you can maybe agree that last year could have been another case where a team caught lightning in a bottle, regardless of who the coach is.  

Personally I think the 2022 roster was better than 2017.  

It was, we were a ticky tack holding call that didn't need to be made away from Most likely winning that SB. 

Penalties occur. Especially in Pat Mahomes favor. Happens. Destiny 2, destroyed!

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It was, we were a ticky tack holding call that didn't need to be made away from Most likely winning that SB. 

Penalties occur. Especially in Pat Mahomes favor. Happens. Destiny 2, destroyed!

I think we made some progress here today.  Glad you can see the light.  Take a knee, we’ve earned it.  

Good evening 

• Like 1

Davis and Carter should have no problem picking up an extra 20-25 snaps each when Cox leaves. Phenomenal conditioning.

Jordan Davis doesn't have a TFL since week 2. We need to stop pretending he's anything more than a traditional NT that stops the run.
I probably would have taken Jermaine Johnson instead of Kyle Hamilton, so I wouldn't have knocked the pick out of the park either, but you just don't take nose tackles in the top 15 picks, no matter what they do at the combine.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

I read somewhere that JD is the most or second most double teamed DT on run downs. If that’s true, it means teams respect his ability and also, someone else has to step the eff up. I’ll see if I can pull the numbers. 

edit- I found it. I can’t post the whole chart but can link it. Maybe one of you nerds can figure it out. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

So, Davis has a run stop win rate of 40% which is tied for 7th or so. But he’s doubled more than half the time at 52%. The most in the league. 

Edited by Jroc04

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I read somewhere that JD is the most or second most double teamed DT on run downs. If that’s true, it means teams respect his ability and also, someone else has to step the eff up. I’ll see if I can pull the numbers. 

edit- I found it. I can’t post the whole chart but can link it. Maybe one of you nerds can figure it out. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

So, Davis has a run stop win rate of 40% which is tied for 7th or so. But he’s doubled more than half the time at 52%. The most in the league. 

JD was straight up one of the best DTs in the league for near half the season. This Dline drop off lies entirely on poor LB play and the inability for them to rotate the line properly. Dude has double the snaps he had last season.

25 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

JD was straight up one of the best DTs in the league for near half the season. This Dline drop off lies entirely on poor LB play and the inability for them to rotate the line properly. Dude has double the snaps he had last season.

What the hell happened to the rotations? I knew we needed an edge dearly before the season started. And then we released DB. 

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

What the hell happened to the rotations? I knew we needed an edge dearly before the season started. And then we released DB. 

It is odd. Especially with Sweat because I think he has played the most snaps out of anyone on the Dline. DB didnt play many snaps, but then they also didnt trust Nolan Smith to get on the field. Maybe they overestimated DB's ability after injury or maybe his effort wasnt there considering he didnt want to be here, but not giving DB or Nolan significant snaps at the beginning of the year really backfired and you can see Sweat is a shell of himself.