2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Got to imagine he’s back for the playoffs 

Pretty sure that was the plan all along. They just didn't think we'd drop two games vs Seattle and AZ. Let alone need a win vs NYG and help for the NFCE. 

Ooppps

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure that was the plan all along. They just didn't think we'd drop two games vs Seattle and AZ. Let alone need a win vs NYG and help for the NFCE. 

Ooppps

I would assume so, but also wouldn't be the first time we have a player supposed to come back or misdiagnosed and we end up not seeing him again. Brandon Brooks comes to mind. 

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just conspiring about the whole Patricia thing

That's about as likely as the AJ is a cancer to the lockerroom.  Hurts isn't the Leader we all thought he was. 

Now I'm not suggesting Slay plays vs Giants but if you watch his interview from this week, he's coming back and Patricia had nothing to do with his surgery. 

Not being able to finish the previous two games during the Gauntlet stretch and pain was.

Want to talk Hurts outside GDT. I certainly don’t think he’s a bad QB or top problem. However, I think we’re more than 2 new coordinators away from contending so to that point, being stuck to a non elite QB and paying them big money when history makes it clear the prime window is before you’re paying a QB, is not ideal. I fear ending up in no man’s land like the post LOB Seahawks because we have “our guy” and so can’t rebuild.

This doesn’t really mean anything, but the Hurts discourse among our fans is eerily similar to the Wentz discourse 2018-20. Every other fan can see it, yet we think we have something special in our QB. That his decline in play is just the result of coaching and bad luck, 2023/2017 couldn’t possibly have been the outlier. Hopefully our coaching really is that bad and Hurts will look great in 2024, we’re right and everyone else is wrong, but I see a QB who can’t navigate the pocket consistently, is not a disciplined decision maker (how many failed deep shots instead of easy short stuff did we see this year? Hopefully that’s coaching but TBD), and more importantly will bring less and less as a runner with every year and without legs he is truly a JAG. Hurts may not have had the major injuries of Wentz, but they’re piling up and affecting him.

Shame we couldn’t hold off 1 year on that extension, would be a whole lot friendlier this offseason.

Are people really not the least bit shaken by what they saw from Hurts in 2023? I get it, our coaches stink, but he’s still working with best OL, WR, TE combo in football for my money. Still the same  offense from a big picture perspective he succeeded in before defenses gave their counter.

I like Hurts, I loved his steady 2018-2022 improvement, but I saw a step down in play ALONG with step down in play calling which all lead to the Hell we currently find ourselves in. If some of you are of the belief “there’s no way out of his contract so may as well have faith” that’s fine, but be transparent.

I've intentionally stayed quiet all season to let it play out instead of bashing or praising week after week. Now that the playoffs are here...Hurts and Nick are the same dudes minus one is loud and the other silent. Both slightly above average at what they do, but have been protected by ALL the talent money can buy around them. Shane left and almost made it to the playoffs with minshew year one.  We will get killed next week and move on to a very interesting off-season. That Oline will get young very very fast and that defense will follow. We don't have any answers at DB or LB. Carter is insane but Davis gets winded leaving the huddle. Graham and Cox are too old and expensive to stay. So much leadership will be gone and what's left I'm not sure knows how to lead. 20024-2025 season will be interesting to say the least. 

I’ll be shocked if Sirianni is back next year. Lurie will probably tell him win or it’s over when he gets back home tonight… we’ve never seen a collapse like this since the NYJ in the notorious ‘89 and possibly the Farve year. 

Have to fire him if he gets Baked next Saturday (they are giving them the early window, or perhaps the Peakock game).

4 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I’ll be shocked if Sirianni is back next year. Lurie will probably tell him win or it’s over when he gets back home tonight… we’ve never seen a collapse like this since the NYJ in the notorious ‘89 and possibly the Farve year. 

Have to fire him if he gets Baked next Saturday (they are giving them the early window, or perhaps the Peakock game).

I think he'll definitely be back. Johnson will be the scapegoat for sure. They'll consider that a serious enough move to justify keeping Nick. Another season like this and it's curtains for him.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he'll definitely be back. Johnson will be the scapegoat for sure. They'll consider that a serious enough move to justify keeping Nick. Another season like this and it's curtains for him.

Has to win the playoff game. Then, they get a decent matchup against a banged up Dallas when LAR upsets Det.

21 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Has to win the playoff game. Then, they get a decent matchup against a banged up Dallas when LAR upsets Det.

You'd have an argument, had Nick not made it to the Super Bowl last year.

It's a bad look on your organization to can a coach so quickly after such a successful season, and when he still made the playoffs to boot.

2024 Opponents set

Eagles 2024 home games:

• Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants
  • Washington Commanders
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Green Bay Packers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Eagles 2024 away games:

• Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants
  • Washington Commanders
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Los Angeles Rams

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

You'd have an argument, had Nick not made it to the Super Bowl last year.

It's a bad look on your organization to can a coach so quickly after such a successful season, and when he still made the playoffs to boot.

He made the playoffs and then everything unraveled for 2 months straight. Context matters here.