2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

You'd have an argument, had Nick not made it to the Super Bowl last year.

It's a bad look on your organization to can a coach so quickly after such a successful season, and when he still made the playoffs to boot.

Pederson won a SB, playoff game and divisional title… followed by an awful season although he got flashes out of Hurts. Didn’t save him.

It’s just not a good look for Nick to have a historic Jet like collapse like this. Now, does Lurie want to get rid of Howie too? Obviously not, but if Nick comes back, it essentially ties him and Howie at the hip going forward, barring some Brian Cashman Steinbrenner type of love affair between ownership and GM. 

I think you commit to Howie and let him pick his guy to fix the offense. The defense is a **** show but maybe they get lucky like Minnesota did this year on that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Sydney Brown torn ACL

Couldn't have happened at a worse time besides the playoffs. What awful awful news. Especially for a player that relies athleticism so much. I'd go into next season with Reed on the safety depth chart and that's literally it. Sydney's 2024 is essentially over as far as I'm concerned. He's a dude who NEEDS reps being so young and wild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Couldn't have happened at a worse time besides the playoffs. What awful awful news. Especially for a player that relies athleticism so much. I'd go into next season with Reed on the safety depth chart and that's literally it. Sydney's 2024 is essentially over as far as I'm concerned. He's a dude who NEEDS reps being so young and wild.

His play this season was concerning anyway.  Regardless, it's never a good thing to have a guy that you are probably counting on to slide into the starting lineup have at least the start of his season in jeopardy.

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I've intentionally stayed quiet all season to let it play out instead of bashing or praising week after week. Now that the playoffs are here...Hurts and Nick are the same dudes minus one is loud and the other silent. Both slightly above average at what they do, but have been protected by ALL the talent money can buy around them. Shane left and almost made it to the playoffs with minshew year one.  We will get killed next week and move on to a very interesting off-season. That Oline will get young very very fast and that defense will follow. We don't have any answers at DB or LB. Carter is insane but Davis gets winded leaving the huddle. Graham and Cox are too old and expensive to stay. So much leadership will be gone and what's left I'm not sure knows how to lead. 20024-2025 season will be interesting to say the least. 

This is about as well said as possible for my current thoughts...  I am genuinely VERY concerned with Hurts making that money but I am not going to go full panic mode because the coaching has just been SOOO bad and I would like to see him in a well structured offense again. Objectively, I just do not see him worth that price tag and that's just me being honest. He looks so dang slow this year.

Lastly, I actually think Sirianni is going to get fired if we lose to the Bucs.  The coaching has been THAT obviously poor and it's clear it will happen next year if it does not happen this year. Also, firing Desai was the biggest mistake Sirianni made. Demoting a coordinator mid-year after a few bad weeks is such a bad look. Especially when it seems like the players like Desai.

21 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

This is about as well said as possible for my current thoughts...  I am genuinely VERY concerned with Hurts making that money but I am not going to go full panic mode because the coaching has just been SOOO bad and I would like to see him in a well structured offense again. Objectively, I just do not see him worth that price tag and that's just me being honest. He looks so dang slow this year.

Lastly, I actually think Sirianni is going to get fired if we lose to the Bucs.  The coaching has been THAT obviously poor and it's clear it will happen next year if it does not happen this year. Also, firing Desai was the biggest mistake Sirianni made. Demoting a coordinator mid-year after a few bad weeks is such a bad look. Especially when it seems like the players like Desai.

The way he went about it is what I have issue with. They gradually peeled back his responsibilities until officially moving him off the sideline. Either fire the underperforming DC or ride it out and hope he grows… and if you do fire him, have a better replacement than Matt Patricia.

27 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Agreed. Not hitting panic button, but concerned. Hope these “structured offenses” he requires to thrive don’t require an all-NFL OL.

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I’ve never been so bummed about making the playoffs. Unless the coaching staff gets fired, the outlook moving forward is pretty gloomy.

Yep.  A head coach who is a rah rah hype man who's message has already grown stale.

A 250 million dollar QB who can only succeed if everything around him is perfect.

A defense that is seriously lacking in talent in the back 7.

And possibly about to lose a bunch of veteran leadership in the locker room.  I can't imagine Kelce, Cox and Graham want to come back after this disaster.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:07 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Derek Barnett has 5 more pressures over the last 2 weeks than any Eagles defender

Barnett had 2.5 sacks in two games against Tennessee.
They are the 32nd ranked OL.
He's had eleventeen coaches work with him.
He just needs to play the worst team in football every week to be good.

There's a lot wrong with the Eagles.
This isn't it.

9 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

His play this season was concerning anyway.  Regardless, it's never a good thing to have a guy that you are probably counting on to slide into the starting lineup have at least the start of his season in jeopardy.

I don't think I'd categorize his play as concerning, but maybe raw and unrefined. He was getting on the field and learning/developing at the very least. He's a rookie after all. I just hope he can make it back at some point early in the season. Makes safety a need yet again though. Which they won't prioritize.