Week 14 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Houston Texans

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Unfortunately, they all come wish issues which could make it end up like our 2011 class. 

Thomas needs to develop a true pass rushing game, otherwise we spent the #3 overall pick on a run stuffing DE while passing up guys like Lattimore, Hooker, etc, and that's just not worth it. 

Foster needs to stay healthy. 

Kittle and taylor have somewhat limited ceilings in my opinion, while Witherspoon and Colbert are a little too small on the sample size for me to really say much yet. 

Even with Thomas's issues, he's still a quality starter. I agree with the rest. I did say solid. Solid is still a large improvement over any others, and 2011 was undoubtedly Baalke's best go of it. 

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Looking at our draft: 

Solomon Thomas
Reuben Foster
Ahkello Witherspoon
George Kittle
Trent Taylor
Adrian Colbert

^All look like players with good futures with the team. Other players were CJ Beathard, Joe Williams, DJ Jones, and Pita Taumoepenu were the other picks. Jones has flashed at times, and Beathard seems set to be a backup for a while. 

That class looks really solid. 

Still a good chance for Williams too since we haven't seen him play this season

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Even with Thomas's issues, he's still a quality starter. I agree with the rest. I did say solid. Solid is still a large improvement over any others, and 2011 was undoubtedly Baalke's best go of it. 

The good thing about Thomas is that I Think that's largely inexperience. A good defensive line coach should be able to get him right in regards to the pass rushing. He has the natural skill, raw talent, smart...it's all there to get better. 

Just now, Forge said:

Funnily enough, I think that Williams is fighting for his roster spot next year. 

All depends on who is brought in, IMO. Breida will be here. Mostert will be here for special teams. That's all, currently. If we bring in someone, then I agree it doesn't look very good.

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

All depends on who is brought in, IMO. Breida will be here. Mostert will be here for special teams. That's all, currently. If we bring in someone, then I agree it doesn't look very good.

At this point, I hope that we re-sign Hyde. I've always said that I don't know if I could give him a second contract, and I was particularly worried about him when we named Shanny the HC because I didn't think that he was a scheme fit. But a slimmed down Hyde has looked really good this year, very strong in the receiving game, and with a better interior line, he could be really good. 

Archived